noodlemancer

"Friendly Faces" thread?

Is there a "friendly faces" thread with pictures of forumites? Just so newbies can match faces to usernames? I met some really cool people with amazing art, but neglected to remember their names/usernames...

Also, seeing work too would be awesome, since I might remember someone's face but not what they painted, or vice versa.

• Like 3

There is usually a forumites pic that someone @Mocha? Usually tags with names

One of the reason we did a forumites pic each night but Saturday this year

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, knarthex said:

And I missed them all. :/

Left early Thurs.  Friday I was over playing pinball and ran over just as the pic was snapped.  Saturday was a long day and the daughter was very tired as was I so we left at the end of awards since I knew it would be a while before the group was formed for a pic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

There is usually a forumites pic that someone @Mocha? Usually tags with names

I did one for ReaperCon 2016 that took a good bit 'o time but I think the pic is now a blue box with a [?] (possibly due to the forum update or a user error on my part). However, I worry that someone felt uncomfortable with their picture on there and asked for it to be removed (total speculation on my part though). If that's true, I'm hesitant to do another one since asking every forumite for individual permission to post their pic might not be realistic. 

Otherwise, if I'm able to get the green light, I'm in at least one pic (Thurs night) and I'd be interested in mocking that one up :) 
[edited to correct a subject-verb-agreement typo]

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 5

I think that if you stand in the front of the room at a convention for a group picture of forum members, there is at least implied permission that it be published on that forum. If anybody has second thoughts, blurring their image or simply not publishing it with their name in the caption should be perfectly adequate.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Mocha said:

I did one for ReaperCon 2016 that took a good bit 'o time but I think the pic is now a blue box with a [?] (possibly due to the forum update or a user error on my part). However, I worry that someone felt uncomfortable with their picture on there and asked for it to be removed (total speculation on my part though). If that's true, I'm hesitant to do another one since asking every forumite for individual permission to post their pic might not be realistic. 

Otherwise, if I'm able to get the green light, I'm in at least one pic (Thurs night) and I'd be interested in mocking that one up :) 

The forum had a software upgrade last spring which may have borked some images.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pingo said:

That or the big Photobucket change might have broken the link.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Pingo said:

15 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

That or the big Photobucket change might have broken the link.

I think it's a little of both.

Maybe a lot of both.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mocha said:

I did one for ReaperCon 2016 that took a good bit 'o time but I think the pic is now a blue box with a [?] (possibly due to the forum update or a user error on my part). However, I worry that someone felt comfortable with their picture on there and asked for it to be removed (total speculation on my part though). If that's true, I'm hesitant to do another one since asking every forumite for individual permission to post their pic might not be realistic. 

It looks like Reaper may have also moved the forum behind Cloudflare... I've been seeing some weirdness with @ (username) references being blocked as a result.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I think that if you stand in the front of the room at a convention for a group picture of forum members, there is at least implied permission that it be published on that forum. If anybody has second thoughts, blurring their image or simply not publishing it with their name in the caption should be perfectly adequate.

What he said

Everyone should know that the pics will be posted for the memories

I discovered that 2 of the instructors are uncomfortable with their pics on the web, so I make sure to not get them....

Niether were in the pic....

• Like 6

I’d be willing to slap names on the group photo, if nobody else is. Might be a week or two, considering the work that showed up on the job desk today. 

• Like 8