Jump to content

dunker79

60182: Hakon, Iconic Skald

Recommended Posts

I love this sculpt, and I think you did an amazing job with it!  I especially love how vivid and bright the blue is.  It is also a very interesting interpretation of it, most I have seen have him blonde haired and wearing earth-tone colours.  Great work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most excellent color control and uniformity of values !!

Excellent work.

Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the blue!  I am getting ready to try some NMM gold on my current piece and I hope it turns out half as well as yours!  Although I am going for a colder gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

I love this sculpt, and I think you did an amazing job with it!  I especially love how vivid and bright the blue is.  It is also a very interesting interpretation of it, most I have seen have him blonde haired and wearing earth-tone colours.  Great work!

 

Thanks! I used GW's Thorin as inspiration for the colours.

7 hours ago, Rogue1138 said:

Great NMM gold, I have trouble with that myself. Do you have a recipe you want to share?

 

 

Sure, I used Chestnut gold as a base and highlight with palamino gold, then lemon yellow and lastly white. I shaded with a 50-50 mix of brown liner and chestnut gold. I glazed the whole surface with very very think layer of clear yellow. I am glad you like it! Incidentally, the yellows on the tunic are exactly the same colours as well but with burgundy wine added in the shadows.

 

12 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Top notch NMM. Very well painted mini over all. 

 

Thankyou !

 

11 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

It's awesome, I like the little green gems ornaments on its belt.

 

Thanks, i enjoyed painting those.

 

10 hours ago, Patrik Strom said:

Oh, nice skin and leather!

 

Thankyou!

 

9 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Most excellent color control and uniformity of values !!

Excellent work.

Jay

 

Thanks, I am trying to limit my colours.

 

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I love the blue!  I am getting ready to try some NMM gold on my current piece and I hope it turns out half as well as yours!  Although I am going for a colder gold.

 

Awesome! Just do it mate, its gonna be great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×