dunker79

02607: Bjorn, Dwarven Warrior

Thank you all!!!

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great all around!

Very clean.

My only criticism is the eyebrows don’t match the scalp hair.

Ya man, does look a bit off, will go back and touch it up later. Thanks for your feed back!!

The Vertically Challenged Warrior is a FINE example of Dwarvenhood at its best. Your work with brush & palette are OUTSTANDING. The metalwork is particularly LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym

The Series continues with the merriest mini of the lot, the Bones 3 Fire Giant Jailor, joining the Joten Horde of Thrym!

Now, after sitting on my desk since pulling him from his plastic bag and dry fitting him together, I've been considering what to do with him.

The first thing was the weird shaped integral base ... that needed to be fixed.  So I dug around for a base to place his base on and settled for one of the large rounds from the same Bones kickstarter.  Now, how best to expand upon the stone work of the integral base or was I going to have to dump it altogether and just use the giant.

Well,  I decided that I liked it a lot but the strange shape was a pain so I cut back the piece to the straight edges along one side.  Then using some architectural samples I have a ton of, I proceeded to make new tiles and intentionally break them.    They are 1/8" thick (3.2mm) and 2" x 2" in size.  After cutting them into squares, breaking them into bits is easy.

The rest was just a matter of doing tile work and gluing them in place.  I grouted the piece with some Loctite Craft Glue.  It's heavy duty and fills in nicely ... see below.

After a little sanding to remove the excess glue and roughing the edges, I used a hobby blade and carving tool to clean and define some of the lines in the integral base to better match the new tiles.  I also flipped one of the cut away segments from the front for the edge on the left side of the piece (near the top of the pic).

Once that was dried and cleaned, I cleaned and glued the giant together and added him to the base.

I have to do a  little filling of gaps and I did glue the chain down to the tiles so it lays across the ground as if it is landing there.  I just have to improve the pin for the dagger on his back belt and settle the keg on the hook off his belt.  Then I can coat and prime him and begin his paint job.

I'll stick to my Fire Giant Skin Triad ...

As used with the Dungeons & Dragons Fire Giant I did last year.

Of course, the Jailor of the Fire Giants won't be nearly as pristine as one of their Elite Guards, so you can expect a lot of grunge and prolly some soot.

As always, Enjoy and Stay Tuned.
    • By 72moonglum
      So here is another one in my little series of old and new. I was actually going to post this yesterday as well, but I didn't have a good front shot.

So this is a Grenadier Elf or Half Elf fighter, from their twenty-piece woodlands adventure box.  I painted this figure way back in the eighties to be one of my player characters Renny back in the day when we played D&D at Star Realm in Omaha. Back then there was a buy named Bill if I remember correctly from Offutt who was our DM, another guy, I think Roy, and then another random assortment of teenagers.

and a shot from behind, where you'll see there's lots of grass stuck to the base. I think I just didn't wait long enough for his sealant on the base to dry before I stuck him into the grass. I always paint the base black again and then seal, because I will have ultimately made a mess all over the base while painting it.  Not too worried though, these are being painted just for fun. 

and here's the front shot I was missing yesterday, where you can see a bit of difference in the shield and face:

and then just some shots of them in the same photo:

So there you have them, a small journey into my adolescent past, up to my current almost 50 year old self, who as per my beautiful wife, is still probably somehow stuck back in the past with my fascination for "muñequitos".  Like I mentioned in my previous posts I've got a few more of these yet to be started, that I'll probably do when I'm "between projects". 
      Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Vacaroja
      I've been collecting minis for almost 30 years and finally getting around to doing what I've been wanting to do which is actually paint them.  Started a couple months ago with a few Dark Sword Critter Kingdom minis and an old Grenadier dragon.  And now this, which is my first Reaper mini and an attempt at NMM.

C&C welcome.
    • By fanguad
      One of my players had to be difficult and create a bizarro character.  An Oread Cleric who uses a dire flail.  I finally got sick of using a prepaint earth elemental for him and converted this guy with bits I picked up in the Boneyard.  Zenithal priming plus some glazes took care of most of the cloth.  Metals, leathers and stone base got a base coat, wash and highlight.  All in all, 2-3 hours.

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• Who's Online   7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)