jonaas33

Kagunk, Ogre Chieftan 77105

Finished this up late last night.  Probably my favorite fig I've painted to date.  There are a ton of little details all over, but since the fig is bigger than average, it was pretty easy to paint. I went with a green skin tone because my next planned adventure features a large mutant orc, so this fig worked perfectly for the brute.  Critiques and advice are always welcome!  Thank you!

20171026_083812.jpg

20171026_083900.jpg

20171026_083951.jpg

20171026_084035.jpg

20171026_084114.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks! I agonized over how to paint that, so naturally I procrastinated until it was the very last thing left. After looking it over for a while I decided that the black primer actually looked pretty sharp, so I just thinned out some bone colored paint and touched up the parts that looked like they were actually coming out of shield.  Then the blood smear for effect, and voila!  I think I spent an hour staring at the dang thing, and 30 seconds to actually get it done.  Sometimes simplicity is the key!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AngiesArmies
      I painted up the skeletons I had from Bones 2 together with a Bone Fiend. The Skeletons were fun to do, the Bone Fiend a bit less as the model was quite undefined. For the skeletons, I took some inspiration from the game Morrowind for the colours, bases and shield designs.

• By Guildenstern
      Finished the bases for these two 'statues'. I picked a more sombre kind of theme, almost winter or fall, as I thought it looked better with these than a bright, summer theme. 

• By Guildenstern
      Here's my take on this cute little guy. I tried to do more glazes on him than the way I normally paint, and his eyes are violet, which I think came out ok. Wishing I'd been able to get the huge mold line off his head but oh well. He's still adorbs.

• By Lidless Eye
      While not really themed, all these minis were left over from my other projects.  I think they'll all find a home in "Tesrora, the City That Can't Be Tamed", the fantasy ganglands campaign I'm working on for this year.

Ametrine Earthlyte, Dwarf Alchemist.  A recent Reaper 25th Anniversary miniature.

A rude Dwarf Thug.  I started on him to go with RPE's "Dwarf Veterans Warband" as a thug.

Converted from the Avatars of War Berserkers, Mantic Dwarf Bear-thing riders, and an old Mordheim club.

I realize I couldn't directly post most of the shots of the Orc Matron per forum rules, so linked to my FB shots instead.

NSFW for mild nudity:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547585636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547645636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

Her brats:

And a family photo (again NSFW)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048548070636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

• By Lidless Eye
      I hadn't even realized when I began on these three that they were all from the "Castle Stoneskull" expansion from Bones III.  It was a great set for adding to the random encounters for an RPG.

These guys may represent some of the high-level dangers that one could encounter while dungeoneering in Castle Stoneskull!

The Behir.  I've been wanting one since a buddy pulled one from the first Huge set of D&D prepaints.  They even show up in Pathfinder's "Reign of Winter" and D&D 5E's "Storm King's Thunder", if only I had had this guy in time for those campaigns!

Brain-in-a-Jar.  While I was hoping this would be a human brain, it's still a really cool design.  I wonder why the legs are traditional bendy bones instead of the hard plastic that makes up the rest of the mini (minus the squishy brain), though.

The mighty Minotaur!  Bones has a lot of representations for Minotaurs now, almost as many as Orcs or Goblins.  There's the one from pre-Kickstarter, 2 adventurers in Bones II, and the whole set of Minitaurs coming in Bones IV!  Plus all the Beastmen if you want to count them, I've seen them used as medium Minotaur PCs enough times.

This guy is my favorite, though.  Must be the Gladiator armor.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)