jsalyers

CAV forum Secret Santa...?

I had to strip my entry down.  The olive green base I was working from just wasn't coming across right, so I'm trying a reverse scheme from what I set out to do originally.  

Spoiler

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_20171130_145705.jpg.57ee6e495fe75cb7c0463989c150243f.jpg

• Like 1

Really enjoying seeing all these works coming together! I had a hairy week of worrying I had messed up my entry, but managed to save it last night.  Let's just say I need to learn how to do some lining for shadows! I plan on cranking away at it tonight and posting an update.

• Like 2

To be clear, we should post a pic here?  It seems like that would ruin the surprise, but if that's how we do it here I'll take a pic tonight.

1 hour ago, Jeneki said:

To be clear, we should post a pic here?  It seems like that would ruin the surprise, but if that's how we do it here I'll take a pic tonight.

Its up to you. Since my exchange had very generic requests, i felt wip photos weren't spoilers. If they had asked for something specific, I'd probably keep it a suprise. 

Here is my progress pick so far.  I swore I had a dark liner somewhere, but apparently I don't, so it's been interesting lining these shadows by hand.  Still a lot to do, with highlighting and edging incomplete, no third color on yet (stay tuned), and obviously jewling and detailing.  Considering OSL but not sold yet; will depend on how much time I have.

cavss.jpg

cavss2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Savage Coyote said:

Aaaaaannnnndddd, this one is done and in the books!  it'll be mailed out on Wednesday to it's new owner!

I aspire to paint one as aesthetically pleasing as what you’ve got there. It’s gorgeous!

I also aspire to not compare it to the one I have in work on my desk. Happily, I’m able to do that so far.

• Like 1