jsalyers

CAV forum Secret Santa...?

28 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

/beats head on desk

Why did I choose this color scheme...

I know what you mean.  I figured out how to do the panel lining like I wanted.  It' just took wrecking most of the current paint job to figure out.  I'll fix it if I can, if not it gets the dip.  Plus would be that I could redo with the airbrush if I restart.  I'll try and save it first.

OK... time to add my "in progress" pic. I decided to go with a Terran Firedrake currently being used by the mercenary company Sal's Slammers. The are currently stationed on a desert world so I'm going for a Italian style desert camo pattern from WW2. This is just the wash so far.

MINIWASH.jpg

SALARMOR.jpg

SALS.jpg

• Like 4

Sent messages out to everyone who hasn't posted a WIP image.

Please contact me via PM and let me know how you're progressing.

If your WIP image is to 'revealing' then send one to me in a PM so I can put you on 'CAVa Claus' nice list.

:)

J--

• Like 1

got most everything to where I want it (to the best of my ability that is).  I'll do some touchups, give it a coat of sealer and then it's on to trying some edge highlighting.  Any suggestions for edge highlighting red?

On 12/5/2017 at 7:53 PM, CAVBOSS said:

OK... time to add my "in progress" pic. I decided to go with a Terran Firedrake currently being used by the mercenary company Sal's Slammers. The are currently stationed on a desert world so I'm going for a Italian style desert camo pattern from WW2. This is just the wash so far.

MINIWASH.jpg

SALARMOR.jpg

SALS.jpg

I absolutely love the fire Drake but didn't go to reapercon so didn't get one. What's the timeline on those becoming available?

On 12/6/2017 at 6:09 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

got most everything to where I want it (to the best of my ability that is).  I'll do some touchups, give it a coat of sealer and then it's on to trying some edge highlighting.  Any suggestions for edge highlighting red?

I use either a "redder" red if my underlying color is like a burgundy, or mix bright orange and red if the underlying color is a brighter red.

Pretty much done; just requires basing and sealing!

IMG_20171207_070834721_HDR.thumb.jpg.97f762c07c1eb1a73c12a9323c902148.jpgIMG_20171207_071600001.thumb.jpg.05db37d5690e6a792e3946ce4168a1bb.jpgIMG_20171207_071610533.thumb.jpg.19dd5842a39fe6db19820db84394148e.jpgIMG_20171207_071625690.thumb.jpg.901040f86bb8e8ffb6916461987b1879.jpgIMG_20171207_073005256.thumb.jpg.08cdae2ae1c0debb0275f00f8b6c093c.jpgIMG_20171207_071546216.thumb.jpg.9ba4a753c7ca6eb3b76bc7dd1078607f.jpg

Edited by Guyscanwefocusplease
better quality images.
  • Like 1

So, this is my first CAV paint job.  Gradients and some highlight / shadow done.   Time for detail work and basing.   Also adding a piece that christine van patten is sculpting for it.   He's going to be on a frozen base, hence the ice blue shadows.

IMG_20171208_125528.jpg

IMG_20171208_125537.jpg

IMG_20171208_125540.jpg

• Like 1

Some zenithal highlighting.

Then wet palette highlights and shading color on all the panels (exaggerated, too stark).

Then air brush from the bottom to dust the figure to blend, and airbrush the primary color from the top and front to blend the rest, then I went back with the washed out blue again from the bottom.

Lastly, white edges for the highlights, and reaper corporeal shadow for the shadows.

I received a request for vehicles, so Naginatas it is!

GZR8Ut1.jpg

Also made some custom foam packaging for the mail.  :)

9309JT9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1