Lovejoy

Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3

Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

HISS3-teaser2.jpg

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.

Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...

So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!

cheers

Michael

Edited by Lovejoy
Added a link
  • Like 15

Hate to admit it but I don't think this one is going to be for me, mostly because of the strange races.

Best of luck with the kickstarter though. Hoping to take part in future ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Hate to admit it but I don't think this one is going to be for me, mostly because of the strange races.

It's a worry for me, to be honest. People are always telling me they can't get minis for these races, but then I wonder if that's because nobody wants them?

By Tuesday I'll probably be scrapping it and replacing them all with humans! :poke:

• Like 8

I think bringing in uncommon races is a brilliant choice!  I've had trouble finding decent kitsune minis.  Several of the guys I play PFS with have expressed the challenge of finding grippli or tengu minis as well.  Of course, quality female dwarf, gnome, or Halfling minis are also non-human characters that might appeal to those who don't want to go quite as monstrous?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

It's a worry for me, to be honest. People are always telling me they can't get minis for these races, but then I wonder if that's because nobody wants them?

By Tuesday I'll probably be scrapping it and replacing them all with humans! :poke:

Well there is that, but for me I think it's more that I'm simply old school and don't identify with these newer races.

Not to say I wouldn't be intrigued by an amazing sculpt. I think it's just in my brain I want to compartmentalize my minis and while I have accepted and collected animorphic characters such as yours, Darkswords, and Reapers Mouslings, I mentally place them in their own separate little gameworld, like that in your ruleset, and I'm good with that.

With this though, I'm more likely to wait and see and then afterwards perhaps place an order through your online store for any I fancy as well as those I've been wanting and missed from your earlier kickstarters.

We'll see. ::):

• Like 1

I'm super excited by the non-human races. need a female of any job so long as it's human elf or dwarf and you could literally drown in the options. tiefling or tabaxi and well you might have 1 to choose from, so long as you're only playing exactly the stereotypical kind.

ETA. tiefling paladin has me tingly.

Edited by spoonz202
  • Like 5

The first two were great projects. 

good coms, great figures.  

I don't really need the non-human figures offered this time around, and my fiances are kind of strapped anyway.  

but ill keep an eye on future projects. 

and two of my favs were changed or sculpted completely during the previous campaigns.  (1/2 orc and Pregnant villager) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

.. tiefling girls with cute hoofies? .. .. *hopeful*

I might be tempted if there were tiefling girls with hooves; those are absurdly hard to find; like tiefling guys with hooves. :/

I'll give a pass on nobody getting cloven hooves quite right, if only there were some!

Catfolk wearing clothing are also difficult to find..

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Kickstarter is the perfect platform for it, however, because if the Kickstarter doesn't meet its goals, you don't waste time and money on production molds and product no one will buy.

I'm hoping for some Earthdawn/Shadowrun style Trolls: big hulking PCs with horns.

• Like 6

Might be that I'm a boring person or play with boring people, but personally I don't have any use for the crazy rare PC races.

Personally I would love to see some female elves in sensible shoes, the wood elf you already got in your store has nice facial features. While there are many female elves out there (as a humans), they seem to suffer from the whole, eh, barbie-fication more often than others.

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I had to take the car in for some service today, so I threw my travel paint kit in my bag and grabbed a few Burrows and Badgers figures.  My brother recently decided that we should play Burrows and Badgers, and has a war band painted up.  I don't know if I'll have mine done by Gencon or not, but at least I now have a figure of my own.

Of the figures which I picked for my first batch, one's a landsknecht and two are in tartans, so I decided I'd better start with somebody simpler.  When I checked the Oathsworn site for a hint on the weasel fur markings, I was amused to discover that I had decided on a very similar color scheme.  I am considering this to be a speed painting practice item; it only took me about 45 minutes to do.  As usual, I attracted quite a few curious passers-by.

• By wickedshifty
      So...
      in an effort to like....actually not have 300 minis to paint by the time Bones 4 AND the critical role minis all hit me next year, I’ve decided to paint three a week, and always have a bigger work in progress going. This week I picked some low hanging fruit so I actually did more than that. 

The ice troll was my bigger monster this week. 

Air elemental i wanted to look like it was sorta tearing up the earth beneath ala a tornado....

enjoy! C&C welcome! 

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

All Reaper this week...

Kev!
      P.S. Tales tell of an undying beast that roams these ruins with 3, 6 inch horns...
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.
      Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.
      Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.
      The ships seen table time ;-)  
      Details and customization is also inside.. ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel  
      Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.  
      With ShipWorks you get to choose:
      The length of your ship.
      Adjust the width of the ship.
      Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!
      Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.
      A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!
      How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 
      Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

• Who's Online   42 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)