Mckenna35

What is the case in the Swag Bags?

To add to the mythical journeys of the Mage Cage:

DFW to Boise inside checked luggage, 2 of them clicked together. No padding other then sitting in the other side of the 2 compartment suitcase. 

I will add, seeing that it made the journey home quite nicely, it gives me some thought about how I'll transfer game stuff for next year's games. While I love my GamesPlus bag & all it can hold. I'm trying to reduce what I'm carrying in the airport & such. The Mage Cage may elevate some of the bulk buying having prepainted stuff & other items that don't require the full protection of the foam case. I'll have to keep a eye out for accessories for the cage.

• Like 3

Wow, and my case spontaneously exploded in the back of the car on the drive back!

Well, no not really.  But after playing with them for a bit I don’t think I’ll ever use them.  Free to a good home in the Detroit area if we can meet up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Wow, and my case spontaneously exploded in the back of the car on the drive back!

Well, no not really.  But after playing with them for a bit I don’t think I’ll ever use them.  Free to a good home in the Detroit area if we can meet up.

The hinges? While opening up mine in the hotel, the hinges would slip off the bar. Made we question the quality of the case.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, haldir said:

The hinges? While opening up mine in the hotel, the hinges would slip off the bar. Made we question the quality of the case.

I should have used purple on the exploding part ....

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/armycase/a-case-miniature-wargaming-carrying-display-case?ref=category_newest

Tired of models breaking after storing them in foam trays inside big and clumsy carrying cases? Look no further, A-Case+ is here!
    • Guest Kenneth Romero
      By Guest Kenneth Romero
      We just launched our Kickstarter for a brand new Ultra Clear Variant of the Xcase, Expandable Transport and Display. Now the XCase not only can transport your figures but it can show them off as well as many much less versatile options. Check it out.
      <iframe src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/activemindsgames/xcase-ultra-clear-expandable-miniatures-display-ca/widget/card.html?v=2" width="220" height="420" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    • By Jeepnewbie
      How do others carry their minis?  For my Reaper and other brands I use a 6 tray tackle box. My 40K figures I use a different style case. 

I however I love the trusty tackle box. I disassembled mine and lined the trays with foam sheets. 

• By Matbar
      Is this guy the ReaperCon 2016 Convention miniature mentioned in the swag bag?

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/01449

• By Mothsniper
      Need somewhere to keep my dwarf army. Thought to build LED underground small garrison fort/outpost. 

Will have 4 floors
      Magnetized bottom floor for large models
      And will try to stuff as much detail as I can. 

Began with a wooden simple frame, and 2" PinkFoam. 
      Was debating to build up all details and then paint it at once, or paint it in pieces and install them into the box as I go. 

Do to the nature of the LED lighting, and much uncertainties with LED lighting, I decided to craft it piece by piece instead of all at once. 
      Also, I do not have a good way to cover very large, hard to get to, very detailed area with coats of paint very efficiently, thus will take slower path. 

Have some plans how to dress up the outside but want to leave that part for last. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)