https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sons-of-anubis-fantasy#/

e3aaw9pjdghwbfs3hfqq.jpg

jksmdur4w6xhd3b1l0rd.jpg

Welcome to Dark Fable Miniature's Sons of Anubis Campaign.  These dog-headed warriors are descended from Anubis, the canine guide and guardian of the Egyptian underworld.  The Sons of Anubis are ferocious warriors sworn to protect the royal necropolis where the tombs of long dead pharaohs and queens can be found.  On rare occasions the Sons of Anubis have been summoned by powerful lords or heroes to wreak vengeance on those who would offend the gods.  Heavily armed and protected by sturdy shields and armour the Sons of Anubis make a formidable force on the battlefield.

The Sons of Anubis campaign is the latest expansion of Dark Fable's pseudo-historical Egyptian range.  The concept and design of the miniatures are a mix of history, archaeology, fantasy fiction and Hollywood films.  The core group of miniatures consists of 7 sets: 5 sets of fearsome Anubis warriors sculpted by Kev Adams.  A set of Scorpion warriors sculpted by Tim Prow.  As well as a two-stage female genie made by Brother Vinni.  There is also a stretch goal reward figure - The Scorpion Lord - who is FREE to all Level 5 contributors and higher when the campaign goal of £2000 is reached.  If that were not enough we have made a large selection of our previously released miniatures available as ADD-ONs.

These high-quality 28mm miniatures are made from a lead-free pewter alloy and have an incredible amount of detail and personality. Whether you are a collector or gamer you are certain to enjoy these figures!

They had me at 'female genie made by Brother Vinni'...

• Like 3

Ah well, it won't take too many months before they show up in his webstore.

(I'm not really a fan of IGG either, but make an exception for Dark Fable)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

They look good - pity I don't do Indigogo.

I'm a long time supporter of Dark Fable, had nothing but good service from them. All of their projects have gone well. 

It may be time to close this one as most backers got their rewards a month ago.

Except the few that never sent in their list of rewards, of course...

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Thanks 1

Ooooh, can't wait for this to hit retail, for, uhm, semi-obvious reasons.  I like the look of them, yup yup! 

1 minute ago, Gadgetman! said:

Then I suggest you mosey  on over tho his website NOW!

I'll do that when I get home, mobile site is.... Functional.  I'll go with functional.  Not as easy to look for what I want though, as pictures are too small :p

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TaleSpinner
      Some of you may remember the diorama I had started entitled Billy's Bad Day.  For various reasons, I am, for the most part abandoning that concept.  I was really struggling to tell the story I had in my head.  I still however want to paint my basilisk, and maybe include it in a diorama, but if I do, I will likely include another character that is a bit more relate-able to the viewer than a couple of goats. 

More on that later.  For now, I'm going to concentrate on painting the basilisk as I have time between sculpts.  If I get that done and my other ReaperCon entry for 2019 in time, I will look into expanding this into a diorama. If not, this can still be my Open category entry.

Here is the basilisk:

The basilisk will be based on a Gila Monster:

But instead of pink, the light areas will be inverse flame color (red up to yellow) with a black belly and skin. 

A few months ago, I used my air brush to add a coat of brown liner/blue liner to the skin areas, then air brushed the rest with Cinnamon Red.

Lately, I have been reading Rhonda Bender's (@Wren) blog, Bird with a Brush.  For the past month she has had a series of articles on Contrast that have really got me itching to pick up a brush again, but I've had way too much sculpting work to get done to do so. I strongly recommend that you follow her blog, it is excellent.  The articles on contrast are as follows:

Compare and Contrast Contrast Versus Realism How to Paint Contrast – Mind Games How to Paint Contrast – Hands On   Last night, I was ill with a cold, but had slept much of the afternoon.  I wanted to relax, but my brain was just not functioning the way I needed it to to start the next step of the druid turtle, so I picked up this painting and decided to do the next step.  I decided to follow Rhonda's advice and add another couple layers of zenithal lighting value to the red, airbrushing on a coat of Sunrise Orange and another of Candlelight Yellow.  Then, I went back with a brush and base-coated all of the skin areas with a blend of Brown Liner and Blue Liner (I never use pure black for natural blacks).       So this is my base starting point.  From here I plan on using glazes to develop the shadows and highlights, pushing the contrast further than I have ever gone before.   Challenges I see coming for me in this project:   Finding time; I have a lot of sculpts in the hopper between now and January, so progress may be slow between now and then. Developing enough contrast.  I have a tendency to think it is enough and stop too soon.  I really want to push it on this one.  Keep me honest folks! Black/near black.  I've never been very good at black, so having major areas of black scares the stuffing out of me, especially since I will be covering major areas of finished color with black squiggles to make the gila monster markings; that's going to hurt.   The next step will be developing the major red shadows.   I want to thank Rhonda one more time for teaching, inspiring, and challenging me to do this.  I honestly believe that this is one of my best sculpts; I want it to be my best paint job as well.
    • By SamuraiJack
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Live Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/terraincrate-plastic-affordable-fantasy-terrain/comments

TerrainCrate is a new range of pre-assembled, plastic dungeon, town and battlefield scenery that's ready to go right from the box and straight onto your tabletop. We'll have more details soon, so don't miss out!

• By NomadZeke
      [MOD]Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.[/MOD]

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge last year, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota – rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1.

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, you must post in the bi-monthly thread.

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78658-janfeb-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79997-marchapril-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 9 Oops.
      July/August: 9:
      Sept/Oct: 8:
      Nov/Dec: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82946-end-of-year-rpchallenge-oct-nov-dec/

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Pretty certain at this point I fell off the wagon got ran over by it, then chased it down and set it on fire (given the drought of these - explanation is in the chatter thread)

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the delay, there is going to be a normal and hard challenge for each month.

Your challenge is: 13!

October Bonus: This is Halloween! - Paint a mini using only colors that have black, orange, and purple in the name. You may also use "Fresh Blood" and "Spectral White" as they are part of the monthly promotion.
      Hard mode: Jack-o-lantern's light - Paint a mini where the only source of light would be coming from inside a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin may be part of the mini/base or sculpted

November Bonus: Festive feast - Since both US And Canada have their Thanksgiving in this time bracket - paint up a mini (figure or terrain) to have some food being presented
      Hard mode: Liquid Cheer - This can be done with the above - paint a mini where it's holding a drinking vessel - but paint it as though the mug were glass and you could see the drink inside from the sides (in theme - ale or wine is the best use)

December Bonus: Winter Solstice - To celebrate the shortest day of the year - paint a halfling or dwarf decked in wintry colors (think blues/grays/whites, maybe brown and a little bit of evergreen)
      Hard Mode: Gift wrapped - paint a mini with any inorganic parts (metal, cloth, etc) being done to resemble giftwrap - little candy canes, trees, text, stripes, etc - bows optional

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By Reverend Shartan
      www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenzerco/aces-and-eights-reloaded-a-wild-west-role-playing  

Reverend Shartan
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)