Dalth

CAV color schemes

43 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Question: For the canopy, what field wou'd Jeweling fall under?

I would think the reflective.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, CarlZog said:

So I've thought a lot about this, and it's shaping my ideas of what base colors I want on a battlemat for the table.  I've seen a lot of earth-green layouts, but I've been painting my hills a more neutral slate-grey with brown and red overtones. 

What are other people doing for terrain colors besides the standard earth tones?

-- I MUCH prefer a non-green game board as they are just so prevalent in our hobby. I've done just about every color combo their is at one time or another over the years.

Example of a more recent one...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FCAVSOHQ%2Fphotos%2Fa.308091942726011.1073741830.287005291501343%2F397121833823021%2F%3Ftype%3D3&

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 2

Here is my "Big Dogs" Terran camo scheme.  The colors remain the same, but the different roles have a different camo layout scheme (i.e., Attack, Recon, Fire Support, etc...).  This guy was painted several years ago.  I am now experimenting with my new air brush to speed everything up. I don't really do much highlighting on my CAVs as they are for play not show.

Starhawk_VI_FrontLeft.jpg Starhawk_VI_Rear.jpg

CAV_Harpies2_Gry_Frontright.jpg 

• Like 10

Here are some of my Ritterlich from the past CAVCon.  5th Dornheim Brigade, "Marienburg Lancers" though I feel the color is "off" for most of the photos as the scheme is a light blue with black and red accents (though the black always occurs on the arms/shoulders and shins)

22688682_817233355145198_4860008997958779513_n.jpg

22728732_819002164968317_2389835973976698363_n.jpg

22688026_818510831684117_8771623197151271796_n.jpg

Edited by Savage Coyote
  • Like 7

On 11/9/2017 at 11:02 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Here is my "Big Dogs" Terran camo scheme.  The colors remain the same, but the different roles have a different camo layout scheme (i.e., Attack, Recon, Fire Support, etc...).  This guy was painted several years ago.  I am now experimenting with my new air brush to speed everything up. I don't really do much highlighting on my CAVs as they are for play not show.

Starhawk_VI_FrontLeft.jpg Starhawk_VI_Rear.jpg

Nice color scheme on those. :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 12:02 PM, TaleSpinner said:

What model is this? I don't remember seeing it before . . . 

On 11/10/2017 at 8:36 AM, Savage Coyote said:

Here are some of my Ritterlich from the past CAVCon.  5th Dornheim Brigade, "Marienburg Lancers" though I feel the color is "off" for most of the photos as the scheme is a light blue with black and red accents (though the black always occurs on the arms/shoulders and shins)

Wait, were you at CAVCon in Lewisville last month?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

What model is this? I don't remember seeing it before . . . 

Harpy. It was one of the old models with scale issues that I believe were discontinued with CAV:SO.

• Sad 1

The Harpy is still in game and hopefully we can get it back out in the correct scale with the current line. Its a Terran aircraft I believe.

• Like 4

Just now, CAVBOSS said:

The Harpy is still in game and hopefully we can get it back out in the correct scale with the current line. Its a Terran aircraft I believe.

You make me very happy.  It is one of my favorite aircraft of the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, klarg1 said:

He was at CavCon. So, was I.

Edited by jsalyers
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Yup!  Played in the tourney, got a pick up game in on Friday, did the painting contests and stuff!

2 hours ago, Savage Coyote said:

Yup!  Played in the tourney, got a pick up game in on Friday, did the painting contests and stuff!

Durnit. Had I known, I would have said 'hi'. I'm a fan of your work.

maybe next time.

• Like 1

I think we'll have to plan on some sort of meet up for us CAV players next Reapercon.  I know I plan on being there and playing some more CAV, including the tournament if there's going to be one.  Which I think is a safe assumption. 

• Like 2