This thread is something ... different from other works I have been done.

I guess it's not entirely in accordance to the board rules, so you may forgive me and accept my humble bundle of roses, choclate and other stuff that will easy your severely upset minds.

When I am in the mood, I am doing so many speed builds up to the point of painting (means assembly, basing and priming), that making them all into different threads I would flood the forum with an unnecessary number of threads.

So I will keep this limited to the building process of my different tabletop figures, armies and stuff and transfer the finished figures to their respective painting threads.

What's on the table at the moment?

Warlord Games

16 German Fallschirmjäger

56 Soviet Russians (winter) (making M into F)

Creature Caster

1x Tree Walker

What's done and ready to be painted?

Warlord Games

- 2 German Fallschirmjäger
- 10 German Panzergrenadiere

Mantic Games:

Kings of War Succubi Regiment (20 Succubi)

CP Models:

Diana

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 7

//

I had been informed by my superiors that I would be on readiness duty over the days leading up to my own shift – that means time for me to ready some figures.

I mean – Hey – I have been sitting with all those package boxes here for quite some time, so I need to get rid of them.

So … what have we got here?

I recently got me a unit of 20 succubi from Mantics Kings of War game.

I don't know what I could use them for but they looked like fun and as I have got Sophie here, she could easily make their commanding unit in a series of frostgrave games - or so. Haha.

jykm-2l6-c814.jpg

jykm-2l7-84bb.jpg

jykm-2l8-eac7.jpg

Then I got a Tree Walker. Got her with a another shipment of used figures. Guy asked me: Wanna have her? 40 Euros?

Didn't know what to do with her, so I said: yes - gimme dat!

jykm-2l9-49ef.jpg

And last but not least: WWII miniatures for my Russian front scenario. A whole lot of Russians - the will soon be Russian girls and some units of German forces for my round up and totally burned down German battle group.

Both units are more or less unique in the gaming community at our town, so they are much fun to build and to finish.

jykm-2l1-4f3b.jpg

Couldn't stop myself and already started ... hihi.

jykm-2l2-b66d.jpg

jykm-2l3-7709.jpg

jykm-2l4-c92b.jpg

Well then - I've got until the 7th. Let's see how far I can push that ...

//

Just let me give you a quick update on the current process:

Fallschirmjäger and Grenadiere are done. I just noticed I don't have enough bases on me to finish them all. But I can finish at least 12 now.

I really love how every of those characters is telling his own little story and I am looking forward to painting them all one day and putting them on the battlefield for some more or less successful games.

jykm-2lh-3840.jpg

jykm-2lg-125d.jpg

jykm-2li-44a0.jpg

jykm-2lj-d740.jpg

jykm-2lk-5215.jpg

jykm-2ll-9c02.jpg

Treewoman is making good progress. The miniature is really huge. I am deeply impressed. Still not sure which head I want to go with. Maybe I take them both and magnetize the body to change heads whenever I want to.

jykm-2lm-cb53.jpg

And then the Succubi force. At least for those I have got enough bases, though I wonder what those holes are. Not very helpful there was no assembly manual provided with the package. Still a very easy build.

jykm-2la-dd70.jpg

Bodies ...

jykm-2ld-ea7c.jpg

Equipment ...

jykm-2lc-8345.jpg

A number of randomly evil Mini-Me's

jykm-2le-8969.jpg

And ... wait ... is that Mini-Sophie?

jykm-2lf-1363.jpg

Anyway ... that's it for now. Time to say good night.

Next step: Finishing the succubi and then over to the Russians. Oh ... and I found another figure I have to finish, too. Hihi. But that will be talked about later.

See ya tomorrow!

• Like 6

good progress!  Those recesses in the bases look like you can take a figure with a round base and slot it in there to make it a square base.  Maybe so you can use the same figures in games with different basing requirements?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dilvish,

I thought so, first, but considering those are 20mm square bases the basing would allow only for a 10mm figure or so to be based. So I am currently a bit confused. Maybe for magnetizing or a stable stand. I don't know.

//

Anyway - here we go again:

Started this day cutting and cleaning the equipment:

jykm-2ln-e637.jpg

And a few hours later:

20 succubi - as promised - they are done. Need to do the bases now. Gnihihi.

jykm-2lr-be17.jpg

Then I had a look into my box and found CP models Diana. I got her some time ago from Bad Squiddo games on a purchase, as there were only a few left. Liked her pretty much, because she reminded me of Devola from the NieR franchise. Will make her into Devola - at least a bit.

As Devola in both parts of NieR is a differen person using different clothing, I consider this to be another installation of her - haha. Anyway. Got to make her ready. Means: Some Lunar Tears into her hair.

Guckst du hier:

jykm-2lo-c46e.jpg

jykm-2lp-0ba1.jpg

Looks a bit like her, doesn't it?

Well then - let's make some greenstuff action and see how it turns out.

By the way:

@Cyradis - We talked about it earlier - so that's what my mobile workstation looks at the moment:

jykm-2lq-e2f4.jpg

need to clean it up - haha. Yeah. Got some good memories to this one :-D

Next update is already on the way.

• Like 6

Argh - work got a grip on me earlier than I expected, so I had to pause for a moment.

Got the possibility to finish the first few miniatures yesterday.

Unfortunately I ran out of bases, so I wasn't able to finish the whole force.

But for now we've got all 9 Grenadiere

jykm-2lw-c6b2.jpg

jykm-2lx-d01b.jpg

jykm-2ly-c883.jpg

... 2 Fallschirmjäger ...

jykm-2m0-cc56.jpg

... Devola ...

jykm-2m1-d051.jpg

jykm-2m2-be36.jpg

... and all 20 Succubi ...

jykm-2m3-223e.jpg

jykm-2m4-aab6.jpg

jykm-2m5-38a9.jpg

jykm-2m6-721e.jpg

... ready for painting.

And our tree woman is making good progress:

Tree Woman - May not be safe for work, though it is just a tree. But a very good looking tree, I might say so.

New bases have already been ordered, so we will see some progress, maybe already soon.

• Like 4

Those holes in the succubus bases are for other Mantic minis. Their zombies & skeletons have round integrated bases. Use them how you did, looks good.

Loth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Loth said:

Those holes in the succubus bases are for other Mantic minis. Their zombies & skeletons have round integrated bases. Use them how you did, looks good.

Loth

Thank you for clarification!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      Balazar, the gnome summoner (Reaper 89023) was fun to paint.  That mould line running down the side of his hat thing was not that visible when I painted him.  Oh well, another one done, yay!

• By Citrine
      Finally finished this demon chick (Reaper 77281) to decent tabletop stadard.  She had been sitting on my bench half painted a long time. Her face had a flash line on one side, so I tried to make it look like a fresh wound.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

I really didn't think I would do so much for the hobby these days, but suprisingly I am making good progress on all fronts.

Writing a more or less funny story-like commentary for @Cyradis Max Decker WIP and Showoff and having been asked by @Erifnogard about the use of my Adeptus Sororitas and Inquisitor Grayfax, I was motived to continue some army background for my  Fantasy/Magical/1940s Pulp/Steampunk/Dieselpunk/Idunnowhat/ manslaughtering killer machine doll robot knight (and so forth and so on) army I am currently working on (no WIP here as of yet - but a seek for advice on the colours - look ->here<-).

So during today, while cutting plastic, metal and my fingers, I recorded some background ideas and wrote them down to make an overall background for the main character and how this fraction was formed.
      And then I decided to translate it and present it here to hear your thoughts on it. Please keep in mind - I was translating this from German. So my spelling and use of words my not be all too apropriate. I am sorry for that as well as for all mistakes.

I guess I some day will enlarge it into a full grown background story, but for now ... just a little fairy tale of two sisters.

//

Once upon a time there were two sisters who awoke inside a dark tower. Without any memory of their origin or who they were, they wandered about the gloomy floors, lost in the door- and windowless interior of their prison. But strangely, they felt nothing. They never felt anything.

Following an eternity of them being all alone, a wizard appeared, dressed in white robes, who freed them from their misery and named them Devola and Popola.

He took them with him to his castle high in the mountains, where they, for the first time, experienced the feeling of looking through a window and enjoying the sun, roamed the nature and saw more then they ever did before.

They spent much time at the wizard’s castle, laughing and living through their days. Two flowers, plucked from the wizard’s garden and put in each other’s hair, became the symbol of their bond.

But as the castle was lying high above the surroundings, the sisters were able to see their former prison day by day, as well as the people entering and leaving it.

They were surprised. They had never seen or heard someone inside the tower.

The wizard had forbidden them to approach the tower and the evil people living inside it, but finally curiosity overwhelmed them.

One night, they slunk off the castle and went to the tower.

It took them some time until they found its entry, but then they walked inside and into wonderland.

Strange metal machines, smoking and steaming, sighted, hissed and whizzed. Iron humans, bound and chained to the walls, were just standing there, seemingly sleeping and soulless, while magicians and wizards walked between them. Gigantic pots hovered above the scenery, poured hellish hot lava into earth holes, unleashing new iron men into the human made cave.

The sisters became panic-stricken, but as they turned to flee the horrible sight, they were spotted and taken into custody.

They were brought before the leader of the strange facility, who – to their horror – turned out to be the wizard who had helped them escape their prison and who they trusted so much.

He showed disappointment in them ignoring his warnings, but it was Popola who discovered the truth behind his words.

He had lied to them, knowing all about them from the beginning on. The sister told the wizard that they would leave when he didn’t tell them what he knew.

The evil wizard replied by speaking a magical word, sending Popola to the ground, lifeless.

Devola fell on her knees, trying to wake her sister, but no matter what she did, her sister didn’t move.

When she begged the wizard to revive Popola, he revealed to her that her sister would never live. And so won’t she.

They were mere dolls, made of iron and steel, constructed solely for the purpose of being perfect servants and warriors.

Brought to life by magically invoked echoes of long lost souls caught in energetic cages and buried deep inside their hearts, it was only a combination of engineering and spirituality that allowed them to be more than soulless statues.

But that moment Popolas body was drained of all her energy, her soul escaped into eternity and everything she ever was disappeared, too.

The wizard felt no loss. He had seen enough metal creatures rise and fall, so he didn’t mind ending the life of one of his creations. He could easily make another one.

The remaining sister became very furious and slew the wizard – as well as all his henchmen.

Then she set off, thirsting for revenge and to find out if she could awake her lifeless sister whatsoever.

The now masterless machine life forms followed her.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

So this is something special.

Not only that 2 days ago I thought I wouldn't be able to paint over the rest of the year, but this is also some kind of a very personal present.

But from the beginning - 2 days ago I got a short text message from my friend (you know the one I am always barbecuing with). He asked me if I was at home and if we could meet. I said yes.
      A few minutes later a big rescue vehicle appeared in our road, so I was a bit worried, then remembered ... well, he in fact is paramedic, so I took it lightly, while some people on the road were looking for something that had happened and so on ... you know that story.

Long story short:

The friend of his mum is a big fan of LGB (Lemann Groß Bahn model scale train in 1/43 scale or so) and he always wanted to have a personalized miniature for his displays. Partnering with a fellow scale train fan, they had found someone who made a 3d print sculpt of them. Unfortunately those miniatures didn't come in color so  my friend took them and some reference photos and asked me if I could ... do the magic of colours on the figures and return them in time for the birthday of his mums friend, which is shortly before my travel to Japan in 2 weeks.

I didn't know if that would be possible, but then I got a call informing me that I had been selected for readiness duty overnight before my last shift week, which means that I would sit here and do nothing for 3 days.

Hell yeah - why not. Gimme dat!

So I took the figures and said yes. I think this is an awesome, very personal present and knowing that I was asked to make some black figures into coloured ones makes me happy. I contribut to someones birthday present. Haha. I did that before, but not on such delicate figures. No pressure, Sis. No pressure.

Well then - Lets go:

The figures arrived like this:

After I cleaned them using soap water and then water, I used my trusty Mr. Primer to get a base coat on them.

That needs to dry now. More updates later.

I think if I don't loose my patience and willingness to do everything in one run, I should be done on wednesday or thursday. We will see!
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)