Okay! Time for me to start the Sisters of Eternal Mercy!

What to say? They are quite delicate. And I don't just mean their clothing. Their poses and especially the casts are unbelivably frail.

I mean ... I am used to a lot of things due to my possession of some of the TGG1 girls and a few other of Raging Heroes fantasy nuns - but this? Boy. That's a new level of trolling a person like me. That even beats @Cyradis torturing me with pretty pink miniatures.

The nuns are having a lot of prayer chains and crosses - most of them so frail that they break when you cough at them.

Then there is a lot of flash and seam lines - especially in areas where you cannot get rid of them. (That goes for me, at least)

Some of those seam lines are big enough I first thought the miniature might have been miscast. But well ... it cannot be helped. For me that means: Sand and file.

jykm-2qh-e821.jpg

jykm-2qi-99c6.jpg

jykm-2qj-6fb9.jpg

The first miniature was already frail enough that I managed to break off the heel of her combat stiletto.

jykm-2qk-f6b6.jpg

jykm-2ql-0bcd.jpg

To cool down I decided to try another lady, but she was so full of flash and seam lines and holes from trapped air, that I finished her and put her away ...

jykm-2qm-0790.jpg

jykm-2qn-2f5b.jpg

I went back to the first lady ... aaaaaand .... managed to break off the rest of her stiletto.

My emotions were ... mixed.

jykm-2qo-52ec.jpg

Especially because I didn't know how to fix it.

But in that moment I was made aware of a workshop that had just opened in the neighbourhood.

jykm-2qp-3c0c.jpg

And the owner had a solution for my problem.

jykm-2qq-98ec.jpg

Well, well! Using the wire and a drill, I might be able to recreate the heel and make it long enought so the lady will stay on her base.

So I left her to dry and continue with the next one. I know thise figure well. A similar one is part of the Fantasy nuns and she was one of the easiest to assemble. There are just two arms to assemble ...

*break*

jykm-2qr-6ca4.jpg

*Sigh*

And the weapons don't fit! Whadda heck?!

jykm-2qs-4661.jpg

jykm-2qt-a5a4.jpg

jykm-2qu-dd89.jpg

jykm-2qv-bd42.jpg

jykm-2qw-ade5.jpg

Who would have guessed? The Fantasy nun's swords force her hands in completely different positions, so they fit.

Well. No problem. I'll use hot water and push it in place ...

jykm-2qx-b75c.jpg

Then I cry.

But once again, Rhini's workshop provided invaluable help!

jykm-2qy-de83.jpg

I might become a regular customer there!

Well then ... let's put her aside and continue with the next.

jykm-2r0-f73c.jpg

Just two hands to glue to the body.

jykm-2r1-e250.jpg

Hm. I think I should leave it be for today.

But it's weird. Maybe I am too dumb to assemble those ladies correctly or they don't fit at all. Even the Hands cannot be glued without breaking something ... and I am not using force.

The Fantasy nuns were way easier to assemble.

Maybe I try again tomorrow.

In conclusion: Progress? Nun

a_kroot_with_boobs___by_techmaguskhoboto

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

And some progress!

Still the ladies are taking all their chances to resist my itchy fingers ... but I will manage.

jykm-2r2-1d6a.jpg

jykm-2r4-a651.jpg

I even managed to break another heel off a nuns stiletto. Yey! No problem. I'll already have got replacements available.

jykm-2r5-315b.jpg

And yay! - The first group is already glued together and ready to be sanded and filed down, filled with spackle and then it's time to base.

jykm-2r3-a252.jpg

• Like 5

And the last Update for today.

Somehow I managed to enlarge my workbench further over the last few hours and to my small little assembly box - which I normally use for mobile assembly works - the whole table was added piece by piece ...

Now I need to clean it and tidy it up. Yay ...

jykm-2r6-c84d.jpg

jykm-2r7-73b5.jpg

Anyway - Currently I have got a number of nuns drying. All their gaps and holes are now spackled (*giggles*) most mistakes are covered up. Oh - and remember, remember and never forget - the chains are still missing - some black and some red.

jykm-2r8-f8ab.jpg

One group of the nuns is already done and will be soon washed a second time before they will be taken to priming.

jykm-2r9-4cb3.jpg

Some detailed shots:

jykm-2ra-bb85.jpg

jykm-2rb-adc3.jpg

jykm-2rc-a97e.jpg

jykm-2rd-39d3.jpg

jykm-2re-25b0.jpg

But that's it for now. I am tired. Have a good day/evening/night ... see you tomorrow or so.

• Like 9

That was a productive session!

Yet another cool army!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That was a productive session!

Yet another cool army!

Actually it went pretty smooth considering the problems I encountered when starting. 

Thanks for the comment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Nice looking stuff.

If you are looking for a game that can handle an eclectic set of minis, you might want to try Pulp Ally.  

A friend of mine wants to develop an own board game, that's what's the miniatures are for - but I'll keep PA in my mind.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The last two days I had spend at least partially on board of different bullet trains, which included a reservation for a closed compartment. Why is that important?

Well - who would have guessed? I took out my assembly box and assembled a few of the ladies. This time units for close combat.

Therefore here are just two update pictures. More to come once their gaps have been filled, all has been cleaned and they are ready to be primed.

Until then!

jykm-2rg-3820.jpg

jykm-2rf-e407.jpg

• Like 7

And here we go again:

First off, I had to pin a sister's arm to a sister's body. It somewhen fell off during transport.

jykm-2rq-0b16.jpg

Hopefully that will teach you a lessen, hussy!

Then I finished a second sister. Geordi LaForge meets Equilibrium ... though this one has a very nice pose, I figure this one to be one of the worst figures of the line. I really don't like it.

jykm-2ro-e7b7.jpg

jykm-2rp-16bb.jpg

And then it was time to continue my current project of choice ... yay and so on.

Rhini's workshop had provided me with a number of tools to get rid of all the problems I had with trhe figures. And especially useful were those chains I had gotten there.

Now it was time to use them!

But I still wasn't sure how to pin the chains to the figures without damaging them too much or make them look too obvious. So I just enjoyed the view and thought, that the figures look good without chains, but on the other hand also look empty.

jykm-2rh-b881.jpg

So I took some more time to develop a concept how I wanted to do this. Hmmm. Chain some nun and then drill holes into them ... hmmm. What else?

I really wasn't sure which of the chain types I wanted to take, so I took one type for each nun. Using paperclips as magazines I was able to glue the chains to the weapons and still make it look good. And 100 rounds magazine is awesome.

Following that I had to fiddle all that small stuff in place ... I could have used 10 hands for that.

One hour, filled with lamenting, cursing and a few tries of assembly, later the first figure looked like this:

jykm-2rn-eeab.jpg

jykm-2rm-341d.jpg

jykm-2rl-e13e.jpg

jykm-2rk-67e7.jpg

jykm-2rr-aff6.jpg

jykm-2rs-fbc7.jpg

We are done - which means: miniature no. 02 is next ... errrr .... okay. I'll hold her and Rhini will glue everything together ...

jykm-2ri-6576.jpg

jykm-2rj-92f0.jpg

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now