Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Ron

Reaper 25th Anniversary Miniature for November - Dain Deepaxe

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Hey, the draenei and tauren in WoW are darn cool. Maybe there is a need for hooved humanoids :poke:

I've been asking for hooved tieflings for a while, and I suspect I'm not going to be alone there. ^^;

Edited by Sylverthorne
CAT!
  • Like 4

I caved on the black friday/cyber monday special and got Ma'al Drakar. I forgot about the anniversary figure.

Not sure what I'm going to do with 12 Dain Deepaxes.

Wait, make that 14. I forgot the ones from my last Reaper order.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, JackMann said:

I caved on the black friday/cyber monday special and got Ma'al Drakar. I forgot about the anniversary figure.

Send in the clones!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JackMann said:

There's always the next box of goodwill.

This also reminds me I have yet to place an order to get mine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JackMann said:

Well, on the plus side, you're well on the way to 20.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hmmm. Dain looks really good, but I need to limit myself to one order before Christmas (I need the 3rd wiseman), there's usually a day or two where we know the next month's mini but can still get the previous one, right?
I'd like to pull the trigger today so I can get the third wiseman painted for my mom, but would hate to miss a better* mini.

*more useful to my gaming needs

• Like 1

Hmm. On the downside, it's being delivered UPS, which means it won't be held until I get back to the states. Gonna need to see if I can get UPS to change the delivery address, or if I can get a friend to go grab it.

On 11/26/2017 at 1:16 PM, JackMann said:

I did the same with my paint order, will be receiving 13 Dain Deepaxes bringing my total to 14 for the month as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, looks like I'm out the dragon. UPS wouldn't reschedule the delivery or change the address, and by the time a friend went to look, the package was already stolen. That's $500 I won't see again.

• Sad 9

18 minutes ago, JackMann said:

Well, looks like I'm out the dragon. UPS wouldn't reschedule the delivery or change the address, and by the time a friend went to look, the package was already stolen. That's $500 I won't see again.

Holy broccoli, that is bad. Maybe we keep our eyes peeled on ebay to see if a listing from your region comes up? Maybe Reaper can help out? So sad to hear this :wacko:

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:
2 hours ago, JackMann said:

Holy broccoli, that is bad. Maybe we keep our eyes peeled on ebay to see if a listing from your region comes up? Maybe Reaper can help out? So sad to hear this :wacko:

I would be inclined to investigate recourse with whomever delivered it.  It also sounds like "signature required" would be a good option for those packages, I know I have to sign for many of my expensive packages.  

It'd be nice, but I don't think I'll have much luck. Reaper sent it out the cheapest way possible... because I kept it on Free Shipping instead of selecting another option that might have required a signature. UPS had no way of knowing it was an expensive package. I didn't think to change my address because I have mail forwarding... with USPS. I'd basically been relying on the fact that UPS and Fedex, at least theoretically, allow you to change your shipping options whenever a package is sent to you. Unfortunately, it didn't work with UPS. When I contacted their support, they couldn't do anything and couldn't give me an answer why. I've sent them an e-mail asking for my clarification, but I'm not holding my breath.

My only real hope is that my next-door neighbor grabbed it. She sometimes does this if there's a package and I don't bring it in for a while, and she knows I'm deployed. I'll ask her when I get home tomorrow.

The annoying thing is that this isn't the first time that a Reaper package specifically has been grabbed. Had it happen a few years back with a 12 Days order. It always seems to happen around Christmas.

• Sad 3

There are plenty of incidents of lost shipments from UPS at this time of the year. Thieves will literally follow a truck and grab the packages as they are dropped off at the doors.

• Sad 3

Yes, we've had warnings from local police that mail theft is happening in our area, too.  

• Sad 2