SGHawkins09

Mile Marker Five: 14058, Lorielle Silverrain

She's beautiful; very nice work on her!

Also very cool to see where you started, and how far you've come.:winkthumbs:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

She's beautiful; very nice work on her!

Also very cool to see where you started, and how far you've come.:winkthumbs:

Thank you! Yeah, I have been wanting to paint her again for awhile now so I could see my progress.

3 hours ago, Rogue1138 said:

Amazing progress!

Thanks!

• Like 1

ditto to what ever one else has said, a lovely piece. I especially love how you shaded the dress outstanding ! opps almost forgot....  high five !!!

Edited by kazmania7
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kazmania7 said:

ditto to what ever one else has said, a lovely piece. I especially love how you shaded the dress outstanding ! opps almost forgot....  high five !!!

4 hours ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

You've come a very long way!  Keep up all that awesome work!  ::):

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Tjrez said:

great work, i really like your color scheme

Thank you! When I decided to do the remake, I wanted to follow the color scheme of the original. Now the original was an accident, I had very little paint at the time and wanted a purple dress. So I mixed my blue with my red and received my first lesson with color theory in that blue and red don’t always make purple, instead I got this nice dark magenta.

Edited by SGHawkins09
  • Like 4

On 10/30/2017 at 7:17 PM, SGHawkins09 said:

Thank you! Yeah, mostly due to that I am the only one that does display pieces. We do have some really good tabletop painters, @Scorpionfish is one of them.

Your progress is amazing, and that figure is fantastic. Your blends continue to astound me...

And one other thing... you're the only one that does display pieces... for now. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scorpionfish said:

Your progress is amazing, and that figure is fantastic. Your blends continue to astound me...

And one other thing... you're the only one that does display pieces... for now. ;)

Thanks!

We need to switch in January, I need to paint more Infinity and you need to do display. 

49 minutes ago, Bonnie Bailey said:

It is very inspiring to me to see the progress that others make. Great job, I am especially fond of the base work. Stuff like that still intimidates me a little.

Thank you!

In regards to base work, I usually have a general idea of what I want and I let that idea evolve as I build it. I do not put too much thought into it and get settled on one thing because when I do, I am usually disappointed it did not turn out like I wanted. If you want to get more comfortable with it, I would say get a bunch of blank bases and basing supplies and just start putting things together without having to worry about matching it to a certain mini.