SGHawkins09

Mile Marker Five: 14058, Lorielle Silverrain

19 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Very nice!!!

Thanks! She was a quick project to keep the mojo going after Reaper

con.

18 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

This is OVER 9000!

Simply awesome and absolutely stunning. Let me guess that you have become the best painter in your D&D group?

Thank you! Yeah, mostly due to that I am the only one that does display pieces. We do have some really good tabletop painters, @Scorpionfish is one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

She's lovely! The comparison is excellent. 

Thanks!

• Like 4

Beautiful work, and such a great way to commemorate it. Really nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danilion said:

I agree that the comparison is great.  It is definitely encouraging for us newbies. 

22 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Beautiful work, and such a great way to commemorate it. Really nice!

12 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Very nice, I always like seeing your work.

Thanks all!

26 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Beautiful!

What did you use for those flowers?

Thanks! The white ones are from MiniNatur and the pink are from Tajima 1 Miniatures in the UK.

Such a lovely way to commemorate how much you've improved!  I also wanted to say that I love the style of your painting, it's just a touch softer and more natural looking.  Thanks so much for sharing! 

• Like 3

This is pure gold! I am amazed and awed. It is not just the stunningly beautiful painting and basing but the way it shows the journey that we are all at one stage or another. 

Truly, truly inspiring post. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2

Lovely! I hope when I hit the 5 year mark my painting is as improved and nice as yours! I don't know how you got the white to look so good! Kudos! I like that magenta color as well. Very pretty piece!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Such a lovely way to commemorate how much you've improved!  I also wanted to say that I love the style of your painting, it's just a touch softer and more natural looking.  Thanks so much for sharing! 

Thank you! :blush: 

8 hours ago, VolksFest said:

This is pure gold! I am amazed and awed. It is not just the stunningly beautiful painting and basing but the way it shows the journey that we are all at one stage or another. 

Truly, truly inspiring post. Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks! Personally I love comparison paint jobs like this as it does put things in perspective by showing that most painters start at the same level.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Excellent !

Jaw dropping good!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

Lovely! I hope when I hit the 5 year mark my painting is as improved and nice as yours! I don't know how you got the white to look so good! Kudos! I like that magenta color as well. Very pretty piece!

Thanks! Just keep at it, I am just fortunate that outside of work, I have a lot of free time that I can use for painting. The white is a mystery to me as well. :upside: This was the first time that I have painted white that looks like white in the end and not grey or tan. The magenta is the Pale Violet, Violet Red, and Burgundy Wine triad with a little Gothic Crimson mixed in.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ash Adler
      I'd felt like I was banging my head on a wall with the main mini that I was working on lately, so I set that aside to work on this as a something simple to make me feel a bit better.  My first try at NMM, too (which shows ).  All I can say is that the contrast really did look better to my eyes until I started taking photos of it.  At least it's somewhat made up for by how nice the eyes and the gem on the left bracer turned out.

More photos and thought process at my blog: link

C&C welcome
    • By doogle
      i would like to know if the free shipping also includes shipping to South Africa if total cart cost is $35 or above  
    • By Guindyloo
      So this guy was a relatively quick paint job - I worked on him over a couple of nights in between other figures and while things were drying. 
      I had originally basecoated him a couple of months back when I decided that I was absolutely going to paint something using Breast Cancer Awareness Pink, as I have something like 8 bottles of it at this point. This was the figure that I pulled out of my Bones drawer. I’d basecoated him and then he made his way to the Shelf of Shame unfortunately. 
      I saw him sitting up there and decided I would just have fun with it. 
      The lemures do come 2 to the pack and are in 2 different poses, but this one is the only one I have painted thus far. 

I hope y’all find him as fun as I do! 
    • By Aard_Rinn
      So, one of my personal mini projects atm is working on some of the NPCs my players in my homebrew campaign are encountering.  And one of my favorite groups in that world are the Hunts - a loose-bound organization of groups (each called a Hunt) of fighters/mercenaries/warriors, each with their own specialty, who dedicated themselves to maintaining the roads and paths of Fidel during the millenia-long anarchy of the Mortal Wars.

Now, what makes the Hunts distinctive from any other mercenary bands? Well, they ride BADASS FLYING MOUNTS.

Gryphons, for the most part, although one or two specialize in pegasi, and a few ride more esoteric things... 

Four NPCs intimately intertwined with the group are members of the Red Hunt - a sort of catch-all for powerful, destructive mages. Faukner, her apprentices Formel and Tiercel, and her wife, Charr. 

So, I've had the Stonehaven Half-Dragon Duelist for ages. It's one of my favorite dragonborn minis, and I decided it'd be perfect for the swashbuckling Charr... It's a great mini, neat and clean with tons of personality.

To give you an idea of who Charr is...

Anyways, I've decided to do a WIP of this set of minis, starting with Charr's two forms. This is the thread for her humanoid form, obviously - I'm painting up the Temple Dragon for her dragonness form, and I'll try to do a WIP for that, too.

So!

I started off nice and simple - hit the face with some red, and decided on a blue-and-white scheme for the cloths. I'm trying to bring out some of the swashbuckler in this mini, so I like the naval colors. That said, I could use ideas for the cravat.

Ordinarily, I'd paint my dragonborn's hair simularly to her scales and try to ignore it, but gonna go with dark for these dreads. They're sweet as hell. Wish DSM would give us a KS for these.

And there's the face, pretty much finished, TBH! I washed it with Games Workshop's purple wash, pretty heavily so it'd sit well in the mouth and scale cracks, and then highlighted just with pure red. This is a proof-of-concept for the temple dragon, as well as a mini on it's own, and I'm pretty happy with it! Used Palimimo Gold for the eyes - something else that'll carry over!
    • By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)