In keeping with my hobby goals for the year here are my October goals:

1. To clear |out some figures from my annual box. (one so far)
  2.  |To get some stuff off my 'Shelf of Shame'
  3.  |To finally get on with painting my graveyard terrain
  4. To paint this month's Mithril miniature |

> My 2017 goals are:

• To paint enough Sci-fi miniatures to play the game Future Tales. ( none so far)
  • To paint the remaining figures to fill out my Frostgrave base forces. | ( 10 so far)
  • To paint character figures for the remaining characters in my Call of Cthulhu campaign. | ( 7 so far)
  • To paint mythos creatures for my Call of |Cthulhu campaign.  ( 8 so far)
  • To paint the graveyard terrain from Reaper's Bones 3.  ( Now that I have it )
  • To paint three entries for painting competitions this year.  (I did enter stuff I painted this year)
  • To paint one Mithril figure each  | month. ( On track with 11)

buckyball

• Like 6

Going to try to keep November goals simple since I’m ripping out our main bathroom back to studs in a week or two. 

Get some one more work done on my ice dragon and his opponent. 

Get some GS flames and bones onto my Primaris Reavers to better tie them into my Legion of the Damned army.  

sketch out the diorama idea that took over my brain last night and kept me awake before it floats away. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Uuuuggggghhhhh!  It's November already?!

My November Goals:

1.  Work on my October goals

My November goals should probably be:

1. Work On my January goals (as in January 2017 haha)

• Like 7

Well I plan to try for a modified minivember. Modified in the sense I want to make the 30 but don't plan on could time counting base work.  Oh and maybe work on some of my already started mini's if I get ahead.

• Like 5

Since I'm a complete slacker, let's start with trying to do what I said I'd do last month...

• finish those Chess Bishops..
  • give the DDS2 terrain another try - didn't even touch it last month

And since I'm a glutton for punishment, let's add one more to the pile..

• start painting skeletal dwarves for my black pawns..

oh.. and practice my typing and proof-reading so I can actually post without editing it immediately after!

Edited by eldamir
  • Like 5

On 11/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, eldamir said:

Since I'm a complete slacker, let's start with trying to do what I said I'd do last month...

• finish those Chess Bishops..
  • give the DDS2 terrain another try - didn't even touch it last month

And since I'm a glutton for punishment, let's add one more to the pile..

• start painting skeletal dwarves for my black pawns..

oh.. and practice my typing and proof-reading so I can actually post without editing it immediately after!

Do you have a full plan for the chess set?  My son (8) has developed a strong interest in chess and already likes playing with and painting "white bonhommes" (Bones) so I was thinking of doing a Bones based chess set...  Id love to steal some ideas!! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Do you have a full plan for the chess set?  My son (8) has developed a strong interest in chess and already likes playing with and painting "white bonhommes" (Bones) so I was thinking of doing a Bones based chess set...  Id love to steal some ideas!! 

I do .. although it's a bit rough at the moment.

I'm using metal minis since I thought the bones would feel too light during game-play.  I also have not solidified on what I'm going to use for a  base, although that might change once I get my 3D printer in February..

The scheme is Heroes vs Undead, with the following cast of characters:

King Light King Castruccio Irovetti 60075
Queen Light Queen Shanon 02183
Bishop Light Thomas Bronwyn 02401
Knight Light Durthen, Dwarven Berserker on Boar 14451
Rook Light Marcus Gideon, Undead Hunter 03444
Rook Light Pillar of Good 02815
Pawn Light Magda Mintsilver 02085

King Dark Murkillor, Wraith King 02525
Queen Dark Female Wraith 03799
Bishop Dark Crypt Wraith 02281
Knight Dark Undead Dwarf Champion on Boar * 1206
Rook Dark Dragoth the Defiler 02367
Rook Dark Pillar of Evil 02814
Pawn Dark Skeletal Dwarf 03817

I'm using dwarves for pawns because they're shorter - which tickled my fancy for pawns for some reason.. 

Also, the reason Rooks are listed twice is because I haven't decided which of the 2 I'm going to use (I'd jump straight to the Pillars except I've arleady painted a pair of Dragoth the Defilers)

The Undead side is nearly complete - I have painted everyone except the pawns (and of course, the rooks if I decide to switch to Pillars) and need to purchase 3 more of them.  I have no-one for the light side except Thomas Brownyn who was painted a long time ago and looks sufficiently priestly to fill the role.

For the play surface, I wanted something different, but again, my mind is outstripping my skills.  I have a pile of 2" marble tiles (in black and white) that I plan on using, but haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to do that.  

Finally, piece storage hasn't been figured out.. maybe as part of the play surface, I'll try to find a box that I can put foam cut-outs in that it can rest on.. 

* Not a Reaper miniature - no small-based mounted undead that I was able to find :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2017 at 4:17 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Write a Novel.  (NaNoWriNo), which my elder spawn is also doing.  

but I still intend to relax and paint a little. 

Finish a few more Kingdom of Death figures: 

Survivors  (2 done, 1 partial, 1 with basecoat, 1 primed) 

White Lion (partially Done) 

No more than 2 bones figures. 

grr forgot winter exchange piece.. its only 3 figures and some sculpting, should be no problem ... right? 

I have all the supplies (probably)  

11-8  So Far: 

5 KD survivors painted, + 4 assembled 

3 large enemies done, +1 assembled and based

oh yeah I'm in full control of the time I spend on this hobby. 

I need the Huge Phoenix next. I will use unpainted minis, but not proxies for the game.  

oh and im over 10,00 words on the Novel ... but slightly behind my goals. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

On 10/31/2017 at 3:49 PM, Sophie was taken said:

For November the plan is:

• Paint more things
  • Buy more things to paint on and with
  • Attempt basing something
  • Learn how to make strikethroughs on the forums
  • Probably curse my lack of abilities and cry or something at least once
  • Try not to be so shy
  • Rainbow Dragon Challenge! This will likely involve hitting up the LGS and asking if they have any of the challenge dragons in the back (they only have Narthraxes in the shelf)
  • Put off Rainbow Dragon Challenge due to Lack of Dragon and totally not out of fear
  • Attempt to Green Stuff a thing
  • Find a cheaper alternative to GS
  • Get some Simple Green before I forget again
  • Finish the NMM Learn to Paint Kit

I guess I’ll be a bit busy this month.

Two down. More to come this weekend if all goes to plan.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

11-8  So Far: 

5 KD survivors painted, + 4 assembled 

3 large enemies done, +1 assembled and based

oh yeah I'm in full control of the time I spend on this hobby. 

I need the Huge Phoenix next. I will use unpainted minis, but not proxies for the game.  

oh and im over 10,00 words on the Novel ... but slightly behind my goals. 

I commend you fully for doing all this hobby work and NaNoWrimo. I came up with Minivember as a replacement for it after I got burnt out on the whole writing process last year.

• Like 3

I appear to be blundering along without a plan this month, but I’ve started the month by working on some vintage science fiction figures. I’m thinking this will be a fairly limited project, and will result in the leftovers going back to eBay when I’m done. (Mostly done, done-ish? No mini project is ever without the possibility of extension...)

• Like 2

My November goal is simply to get a hobby area properly set up and start making terrain. It's been a year since moving house already, it's well past time I got myself in gear.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, SparrowMarie said:

November goals:

• Minivember
  • Work on diorama in spare time
  • Work on Dagon in spare time
  • Have spare time

• 10 days left. I'm behind on Minivember by 5 including today's mini. I'm about to sit down and paint soon though. So hoping that I can get a dent made in that. Thanksgiving is going to throw some kinks in things but I think it'll be fine. 
  • Diorama is coming along nicely. Sibling is coming over this weekend and we may actually finish most of it. Lots of little detail work to do though.
  • Have had next to no spare time. Any spare time I've had has gone to the diorama, have not even touched Dagon since last month.

• Like 3