Jump to content
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Recommended Posts

Booked

With Wife, who has never been to anything like a gaming/fantasy/sf/painters get together even though she has attended many, many conventions as a delegate/officer/guest for our Fraternal Order.

GEM

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOT - WOOT !

Booked, for both me and my wife.

Wife has attended many conventions over the years as a delegate/officer/guest for our Fraternal Order.

She has never, ever, attended anything like what Reapercon will be.

Stand by for Culture Shock in 233 days.

We are scheduled for Wed arrival and Tuesday morning departure.

GEM

She has multiple friends who live not-too-far from Denton so she can always run-away if it gets to be too overwhelming.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enterprise looks like it has a $12.99 per day weekend rate, but the locations near the convention center may not be open on the holiday.. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Enterprise looks like it has a $12.99 per day weekend rate, but the locations near the convention center may not be open on the holiday.. 

 

Wouldn't you want to pick up and return at the airport location anyway? 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

WOOT - WOOT !

Booked, for both me and my wife.

Wife has attended many conventions over the years as a delegate/officer/guest for our Fraternal Order.

She has never, ever, attended anything like what Reapercon will be.

Stand by for Culture Shock in 233 days.

We are scheduled for Wed arrival and Tuesday morning departure.

GEM

She has multiple friends who live not-too-far from Denton so she can always run-away if it gets to be too overwhelming.

Don't forget to introduce her to your friendly neighborhood drow....

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airport doesnt have the special weekend rates..  you'd pay the standard $40+ a day, plus I'd need to rent it Weds-Monday.. I had our car Fri-Sunday last year and it cost me $30...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

online registration is either broken or the block is filled

Nevernind, been a long day, booking now

Edited by nytflyr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I think that Reaper Brian is off to a good start if he is one of the people involved in getting this phenomenal rate.

 

Is this going to be the Headquarters Hotel / Venue for multiple years or is this a one shot deal?

 

Disappointed about no Reaper Sponsored Meals, but from experience I know what an additional load this puts on the Host Committee for any event.  I'm sure that the Forumites will be able to make suitable arrangements for group meals.

Looking forward to actually meeting as many forumites in person as possible.

233 days to Denton!

GEM

Bryan is no longer ReaperBryan, so I don't believe he had anything to do with the rate/hotel.  He is now Secret WeaponBryan (or WeaponB).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been scouting about using Google maps and I've found a few food options near the hotel. There is an In-N-Out, McDonalds, Whataburger, Chipotle, Panera, Chili's, Cracker Barrell, Raising Canes, Chik-fil-a, Starbucks are all just on W University Dr. The Rudy's BBQ is actually about 5+ miles "down the road" and those without a vehicle may have to use a Lyft/Uber.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

So I've been scouting about using Google maps and I've found a few food options near the hotel. There is an In-N-Out, McDonalds, Whataburger, Chipotle, Panera, Chili's, Cracker Barrell, Raising Canes, Chik-fil-a, Starbucks are all just on W University Dr. The Rudy's BBQ is actually about 5+ miles "down the road" and those without a vehicle may have to use a Lyft/Uber.

What about a steakhouse type place for the Sunday dinner????

 

Chili's is kinda there....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knarthex said:

 

What about a steakhouse type place for the Sunday dinner????

 

Chili's is kinda there....

 

 

Not knowing the area, how's the hotel's restaurant?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knarthex said:

 

What about a steakhouse type place for the Sunday dinner????

 

Chili's is kinda there....

 

There is only one, and it's called Queenies Steakhouse. It's about 2.6 miles from the hotel. Interesting menu and it looks to be on par if not more expensive than Saltgrass. Not sure if it is better quality though....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×