Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

wait so classes are available but not from ReaperCon website...?

found it, but i'm utterly confused...so i've registered for a class on friday and one on saturday..but now what do i do? i'm supposed to purchase them from somewhere else?

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

wait so classes are available but not from ReaperCon website...?

found it, but i'm utterly confused...so i've registered for a class on friday and one on saturday..but now what do i do? i'm supposed to purchase them from somewhere else?

And the site is crashed.

What I think is up (just spit balling) is that the classes got entered prepping for release and to work out any bugs, but are not live for purchase.  Thus you can "register" but not pay for the classes.  Of note is that registering for the classes does not garuntee you a spot, paying does.

• Like 2

hmm okay. Not quite sure what the point of registering is then haha, since it appears you still have to go to the reapercon website and purchase them when they become available. Maybe to see how many interestd people there are? No idea

well hopefully i can get my bones conversion classes, that's all that matters to me

• Like 2

Everybody just relax on getting your classes. Right now, the schedule is up on the Growtix page, but we have not made an announcement yet regarding this.

You will register and purchase your class tickets from Growtix, not Reapercon.com. Reapercon.com will soon become more of an informational page. No more purchasing from RC.com.

It may seem redundant (and I admit it is) to register and then purchase classes, but it allows Growtix users to manage their schedules by registering and/or removing classes and games. You will have the control to move things around with your schedule. Then, when tickets go live, you'll need to go and purchase those classes. 

It's a new system, and we're all going to have to get used to it, myself included.

So, poke around. Any questions, just ask here. We'll try to do our best to hop on and help, but Adrienne and I are the only ones managing the Growtix end of things, and that's in and around our day-to-day work schedule here at Reaper.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can't be the only one wondering, but any guess on when the Growtix classes page will go active?  And any idea what class cost will be this year?

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 1

Tickets probably won't go live for another couple of weeks. There are a few more artists out there who haven't submitted their classes yet, so we're giving them a little more time. (I won't name names.) ::P:

Prices will vary, unlike last year where all tickets were a set price. 

I think everyone will be happier this year in this regard.

• Like 6

So far, I really like the new system.  Is is much more straightforward and easier to edit than the one used in the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

Tickets probably won't go live for another couple of weeks. There are a few more artists out there who haven't submitted their classes yet, so we're giving them a little more time. (I won't name names.) ::P:

Mine will be submitted tonight; life got crazy on me. :blush:

EDIT: Done! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 5

Pass purchased

Tentative schedule set....

• Like 1

@Reaper Ron Any plans to make the schedule available to those who have not purchased badges?  The reason I ask is that, as an instructor, I am a non-badge-purchaser, so I can't see the schedule right now.  However, I like to keep an eye on how everyone's classes are selling (when classes become available for purchase) to get the best feel for what classes I should try to teach next year based on interest levels in various topics.

And, if all of this would be thoroughly answered if I was just patient enough to wait for classes to go on sale, then please accept my apologies for my impatience!  ::):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How many classes would returners suggest signing up for? I know the max is 8...if I have the four day pass and take 3 Thursday, 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, and 1 Sunday, will I still have enough time to enjoy the other stuff at the con?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

How many classes would returners suggest signing up for? I know the max is 8...if I have the four day pass and take 3 Thursday, 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, and 1 Sunday, will I still have enough time to enjoy the other stuff at the con?

My personal opinion (based on the days when I was taking more classes than I was teaching :lol: ) is to try to limit yourself to 1 or 2 classes per day.  That will help make what you learned in each of those classes stand out more, and it will give you maximum opportunity to visit the artist tables and/or hang out and just paint with the other attendees/instructors.  You need time for what you learned in each class to soak in, and so more downtime to practice and hang out with people is invaluable!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

What he said.

Others do come solely for the classes, and spend all their time in them. But if you’re like me, if I sleep before really learning something, I have a hard time remembering it the next day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The advice above is worthwhile.  I go to Reapercon for the classes; I don't game.  So I take as many classes as I find interesting.  It certainly can become something of a death march if you have back to back to back classes.  Or even back to back.

I admit, by focusing on the classes, I regret not having the time to leisurely explore the vendors' offerings and to check out the gaming area.  I particularly regret not taking the time to go through the contest area several times and really look at the minis in detail.  So I miss a significant part of the essence of Reapercon

This year I will tamp down on the classes to have blocks of time to just enjoy the event.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 7