Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Read through We be 5uperGoblins! today & I think it'd be a blast to run for everyone at the Con, I think with my presentation style of GMing, I think I'll hold off on this one for the next RCon I'm at. So We Be Goblins will be the Thursday adventure!!

There are some really unique encounters in this one that's for sure. Giant human king with dual hammers, colorful giant sparrow, pig dragon, mutant goblin with a shark for a arm.....:blink:. If I had more time, I'd do this one, but I have everything besides some dogs I need to paint up for WbG. I'm still gonna add a goblin gunslinger pre-gen thou.

If I decide to go the LVO (Las Vegas Open) next winter, I may run it thou!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Read through We be 5uperGoblins! today & I think it'd be a blast to run for everyone at the Con, I think with my presentation style of GMing, I think I'll hold off on this one for the next RCon I'm at. So We Be Goblins will be the Thursday adventure!!

There are some really unique encounters in this one that's for sure. Giant human king with dual hammers, colorful giant sparrow, pig dragon, mutant goblin with a shark for a arm.....:blink:. If I had more time, I'd do this one, but I have everything besides some dogs I need to paint up for WbG. I'm still gonna add a goblin gunslinger pre-gen thou.

If I decide to go the LVO (Las Vegas Open) next winter, I may run it thou!!

You could always run it after hours.

You know, for practice at LVO.

• Like 1

I thought about running something after hours but I'd rather just hang out & veg vs actually trying to think. I ended up moving the game I wanted to run into my schedule on Saturday. Marathon GMing!!. 9 am to 11 pm with  1 hr breaks in between sessions! Oh well, RCon + me GMing at a table only comes around once a year these days.

Thou I did get some good news recently from the owner of the local mom & pop hobby store here. Someone from Boise is moving this way due to his wife got a job over here & he wants to open up a game store downtown somewhere. Hoping it falls through, as I really need a local place.

• Like 5

On 6/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, haldir said:

I think I jumped the gun on this one. There is a link that takes you to registration but there is no button to actually submit games. Appears the only thing changed was 2017 to 2018.

Did anyone figure out how to submit games? I get as far as the policy statement but see no way to submit the write up.

I have submitted 3 dnd 5e games!! One Thursday late, one Friday Late, and one for kids Saturday morning.  All three should be great fun! hope to see some returning players as well as a few new faces.  

• Like 4

Loving Barglemore and Camille. 

FB_IMG_1530049905492.thumb.jpg.e64cbd292bd2c535d453f033eb394da8.jpg

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

wshen i saw the pictures in a small thumbnail i thought she was holding a lobster

The chicken reminds of a episode of "No Reservations" my son  & I were watching yesterday. Chickens were cooked up like that. :lol:

11 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Is is it just me, or would these be real easy to paint up as Riff raff and Magenta?

I don't get the reference, but they are some pretty neat figures.

30 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you ain't seen it, do so.

It's definitely a pop culture item you should familiarize yourself with, but I feel it's more an acquired taste.  I've never made it past the first 20 or so minutes, and have never understood the sing-a-long culture that has grown up around it.  

Rocky Horror is an endearingly terrible movie with fairly decent music.

If "so bad it's fun to watch" isn't a place you can relate to, it's interesting only for its regular references in geek culture.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Is is it just me, or would these be real easy to paint up as Riff raff and Magenta?

The new movie theater next to the Convention Center just opened.  Last Friday they showed RHPS.  My boys went without me.  I was uninvited, "Its too weird to go to this with our mother!"

On topic, watch their showtimes as RHPS is something that pops up semi-regularly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6