Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

10 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

You are inside for most of the time there, brand new building with AC. No big deal :;):

I prefer the old schedule - temps are cooler, Labor Day weekend is a 'big' travel weekend in the states.

I like the looks of the new venue but as a consumer I can't see any advantage to the change in schedule.

J--

• Like 5

Gee, Maybe it is time for me to set aside a couple of days to visit my sweet

Brother and family in Texas an hour away from Denton..hmmmmm.

Jasonator

• Like 6

It's all good.  I remember not too long ago, ReaperCon was moved from April to October and how everyone was concerned about that.

• Like 5

Uh oh......Labor day weekend. Certain holidays are frowned upon when asking for them off.... We shall see. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Ugh... Just went and tentatively booked a room at my preferred hotel chain.  Many of the hotels belonging to that chain in the area are already sold out that weekend. 

I'll wait and see if the con rate at the con hotel(s) are cheaper than what I've got booked. 

We'll announce the hotel arrangements next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

We hope to announce the booking arrangements for the hotel next week! Stay tuned!

I hope you can negotiate a reasonable rate.

Labor Day Weekend being the last hurrah for the big summer holiday weekends where they can actually expect to fill up at or near the maximum room rate  most hostelries are reluctant to offer their customary convention rates.

GEM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I hope you can negotiate a reasonable rate.

Labor Day Weekend being the last hurrah for the big summer holiday weekends where they can actually expect to fill up at or near the maximum room rate  most hostelries are reluctant to offer their customary convention rates.

GEM

Considering that their room rate normally that was quoted to me just now was $159/night normally........im sure they will get a decent rate. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

Considering that their room rate normally that was quoted to me just now was $159/night normally........im sure they will get a decent rate. 

Not a bad rate, depending on what it is for.

If it's a single with one bed it's fair.

If that is for, for the sake of example, two queen beds, it's a good rate for a holiday weekend.

GEM

• Like 1

I just checked out the headquarters hotel and it is plush!

All suites, connected to the Convention Center.

The standard Hilton Honors rate is at the mid/high end of reasonable, so if there is a decent break for the Convention this is going to be really nice.

Being all suites it is going to be possible for a lot of people to "buddy up" on rooms without crowding.

GEM

Fidgety waiting for the announcement of Con rates and the registration codes.

• Like 3

Wish I could, but my most likely new grad school is going to start Sept 1st.... in another country. Someone take pictures and be a ninja for me, pretty please? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

What is the theme this year?

From what I've read, it might be allot of people not being able to make it..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3