Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

7 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Same here.  I'm not picky.

It's the difference between being put in a room between two rooms vs only having one neighbor, or being close to an elevator if you have someone who has trouble walking far. Also, if you are on the lower floors, your chance of getting a full elevator is much higher than at the top.  And all you have to do is install the Hilton app to check-in and choose your room.

• Like 4

honestly in my experience, the neighbors on either side are not hte loud ones in all my hotel stays, it's always the person above me -.- and i dont' mind waiting on an elevator, and i very much dislike having to have extra apps i only use once in a blue moon on my phone xD

so we'll just wait and see what we get tomorrow

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

It's the difference between being put in a room between two rooms vs only having one neighbor, or being close to an elevator if you have someone who has trouble walking far. Also, if you are on the lower floors, your chance of getting a full elevator is much higher than at the top.  And all you have to do is install the Hilton app to check-in and choose your room.

Just saw you two were definately not making it. Now sure how I missed that news or maybe I ignored it screaming "NOT TRUE!".  Not sure what I will do as a hang out spot with you two AND @Harrek not making it.

I won't let this get me down. I will be happy no matter what!

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Just saw you two were definately not making it. Now sure how I missed that news or maybe I ignored it screaming "NOT TRUE!".  Not sure what I will do as a hang out spot with you two AND @Harrek not making it.

I won't let this get me down. I will be happy no matter what!

Yeah.....too many trips to pay this year. Couldn't get enough funds for it. But next year we might. We're planning on taking another cruise and doing Adepticon early next year so we will see.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Safe travels everyone! I wish I was able to make it this year, I miss you all.

Rika is devastated! Seeing your mouslings is one of her highlights of going.

1 hour ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

I NEED AN ADULT!!!!

I’M AN ADULT AND CAN HELP! @Thes Hunter, do you need me to hold him face up or face down? And I won’t be losing any fingers, right?

45 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I picked room 930. Cause I like being high...

or on top. 

Choose your innuendo. 

Rats. One room over so I won’t be able to be the source of your frustrations from above!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I spend 30 to 40 percent of my working nights (you can extract as much out of that as you like) in hotel rooms.  I have long ago learned to ignore what the other rooms are doing.

If someone starts to get too frisky about my only response is to pop some popcorn and start cheering from the other side of the wall, or playing the meatloaf interlude from Paradise by the Dashboard Light... things usually quiet down real fast in either case.

Cookies are baked and someone better eat them!  the selections are: butter Scotchies, Oatmeal raisin (all oatmeal, no flour)  and almond butter cookies.

All i need to do now is pack my entries in a piece of travel luggage, selecting the orientation (is vertical the one where they bounce the most or the one where they spend the most time?) and zipping the suitcase shut?  Oh and need to find a place for the melt.  I have quite a bit and some of it is still in packaging for easy identification (and because someone may want to have the nostalgic packaging and be willing to trade naked metal for it...) and it takes a fair amount of space.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I picked 805. I could remember the number I didn't see a room map anywhere. how do you know if you're near an elevator or ice machine (my nemisis).

Thes, Im a rock climber, were always getting high.

• Like 3

If any Canadians need an atm the hotel one only gives $20 at a time, but First State Bank will do regular amounts with only $3 surcharge if you need a couple hundred taken out.

• Like 3

I am ALSO an adult!

… what did you need an adult for, again?

I am told we're checked in. I have no idea where or on what floor, but... we're in! This is real! There's a massive suitcase downstairs! AAAH!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

We're here and signed in.  The free figs were here already.

We got an upgrade to the swankiest floor, #11.  

Wondering when i should head up that way tomorrow.  M&G is @6:30, correct?  That is going to suck heading North at rush hour so my thought had been to leave by 3:30...4 at the latest and hope for the best.

My daughter wants to base one more mini she is wanting to enter so i was going to help her with it before i head out...that may keep me from leaving until 4 or later unless she can knock something that looks good out in an hour.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Ask me at the con. I may have something for you.

does it have anything to do with pretending to be a supervisor for the FBI/Texas Rangers or Federal Marshals, and confirming that a pair of unlikely named agents should have access to a body/crime scene/ evidence room? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4