TGP

Getting to Know You ... November Edition

11/8: My town had no election yesterday, so no, I didn't vote, but only because we had nothing to vote on (there's a weird election held in March on off years in my town, so I voted back then on a couple referenda).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for Wednesday, Nov 8th: Did you vote yesterday?

Yes, as is civic duty. There was nothing that particularly interested me on the ballot, however. Nothing infuriating or joyful. Almost refreshingly boring. It was a drop-in-box ballot and I didn't get my darned sticker. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Alternate Question for Wednesday, Nov 8th, for non-USAdians: What do you think of 100% Mail-It-In voting?

I'm inside the US, but I think mail-in voting is a reasonable plan. The only issue for me, personally, is that I am a procrastinator, and may be prone to mailing my ballot too late, if I forget to take care of it early. With a live polling place, I can see notices, and drop in at the last second.

(I really miss my old polling place from before I moved.The entrance was diagonally across the  street from my front door, and I couldn't miss it.)

Electronic voting is where I have major reservations.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TGP said:

No.  However, our municipal elections were in October and I voted then.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TGP said:

yep. most of the candidates I voted for even won

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I didn't have anything to vote for this go around.  Only thing I saw for this year were some school board elections that I'm out of the area for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Alternate Question for Wednesday, Nov 8th, for non-USAdians: What do you think of 100% Mail-It-In voting?

I'm gonna answer this one anyway. Washington has had mail in ballots since I've been voting and I LOVE them. It gives me time to properly research candidates and issues and discuss them with hubby. And there's ballot drop boxes all over the place (one within 5 minutes of my house, another right next to my work, another right by Hubby's work). It's dang convenient. 

The only real problem with it is that I don't get a sticker ::(: 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Yes.  I voted against our (possibly corrupt)  but competent mayor.  He has been involved in the local government  for 15 years, and it runs pretty well.  (rumor has that it runs even better if you know the mayor personally) 

I'm not sorry he won. 

The Status is Quo baby. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

No. I work for the election office, so have no time to vote myself. Fortunately my office is an early voting location, so voting last week during lunch was easy.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

The only real problem with it is that I don't get a sticker ::(: 

And how would we ever display that we voted if not for a sticker?* We really need the stickers! 

*Aside from saying so on Facebook and forums such as this. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I did not, but only because we literally, had nothing on the ballot this time around. Primary comes in February though which will have me voting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I think anything that makes it easier to partake in the voting process is a good idea, even if it's not something I'm interested in doing myself (never voted, never will, don't see the point).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I worry about the secrecy if mail in...

I want to vote anonymously so nobody can see who I voted for.

That's how it is now and I fear for electronic/mail etc to be able to get hacked or seen by others

• Like 4