TGP

Getting to Know You ... November Edition

Wednesday Question, Nov 15th: Do you routinely eat anything unconventional for breakfast?

Edited by TGP
See my next post for some sample conventional breakfast items
  • Like 5

Bacon

Eggs

Cream of Wheat

Scones

Ham

Biscuits

Apples

Milk

Oranges

Coffee

Biscuits (Amer.)

Grapefruit

Biscuits (Brit.)

Toast

Marmalade

Grits

Jam

Preserves

Oatmeal

Cheese

Malt-O-Meal™

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

Wednesday Question, Nov 15th: Do you routinely eat anything unconventional for breakfast?

My husband’s homebaked pastries have been a part of our family breakfasts for decades. It’s usually a rotating variety of corn muffins, blueberry muffins, scones, croissants, bagels, bialys, coffee cake, beignets, fritters, etc.

Otherwise fairly normal eggs, bacon, ham, coffee, milk, fruit, and juice,

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

I normally have coffee for breakfast. I don't like eating anything when I wake up. I prefer to wait several hours.

When I do eat in the "mornings" (within 3 hours of waking up) it's often leftovers from the night before, part of a frozen pizza, a bowl of ramen, or a sandwich.

That changes if it's a weird day, like a day where I have to wake up during AM hours. Then I might do something normal, usually involving eggs and vegetables.

• Like 5

Once in awhile I have had Pizza for breakfast...but that is a fairly 'typical' unconventional choice. Resulting from Pizza leftover from the previous evening. 

Wednesday's Question was inspired by the spectacle of some children eating ice cream for breakfast on the Telly (...but don't ask me what else was going on in that TV snippet).  Experimenting with posting this when it is 0300-0400 in the UK. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TGP said:

PB&J, toasted. 

PB&H (honey), toasted. 

Cliff bar. 

Nothing but a mug of tea. 

Air. 

The tears of undergraduates. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Tacos.

Of course, around here breakfast tacos may include any of the following: eggs, beans, bacon, rice, sausage, chunked potatoes, hashbrown potatoes, bell peppers, onion, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, ham, corn and/or flour tortillas, chorizo, beef, chicken, carnitas...

All yummy.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, TGP said:

No, not really.  Most days, I don't eat breakfast.  I never really got in the habit during school and college.  When I do eat breakfast, it tends to be conventional food, because that's what the local bakery/cafe serves.  (And it is delicious food.)

• Like 2

I've never really bothered to make much distinction between meals - I eat whatever happens to be available and doesn't require an extraordinary effort to cook.

Growing up, I often ate cold pizza for breakfast on the weekends, and I used to love eating cold corn chowder for breakfast.

Later on, having worked a number of second and third shift jobs, I completely let go of any last vestiges of one mealtime being any different than any other.

One of my favorite meals at any time of day involves slicing up a couple of hot dogs, some onion and potatoes, browning them, and then mixing up some eggs and pouring them on top.

• Like 5

Depends on what you consider unconventional.  I mostly have a pop-tart (strawberry, frosted) and a diet pepsi when I eat.  Occasionally, on the weekends, I'll do bacon and eggs, or waffles.  But I'd rather sleep in.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Seeing as how most days I get up at 4pm or after, I usually break my fast on dinner type foods. Yesterday I had a baggy of goldfish crackers, because I was shopping and starting to get really murderous.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I saw this question last night, but it wasn't quite the 15th for me yet, so I waited,

The closest I come to routinely eaten unconventional breakfast, it would be cold pizza.  Other things I will eat for breakfast that would be unconventional, cold hunk of lasagna, a cold hunk of steak, or pork chop.

• Like 6