4 minutes ago, hiddenone32 said:

Morning, peoples.

*starts making s'mores*

*** Throws chocolate sprinkles around***

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Oh I'll certainly take questions and discuss things if they want to but this is after lunch and is the last part of the day's presentations.  I'll be stunned if I get more than one or two comments/questions.  My objection was more that he seriously thought I was going to speechify for 2 hours.

You are correct, usually a 2 hour talk could be more effectively given in a lot less time. 

• Like 7

Prolonged fatigue sucks! It feels exactly like the general tiredness, aches and brain fog of having a major cold, but without the runny nose and breathing problems.

I'm at two weeks without proper sleep. Had something like 10 cups of coffee yesterday to muscle through a 14h shift with several meetings. Went to bed at 7pm yesterday, too aching to properly rest. Got up at 11pm for a shower. Tried to sleep again around 1am. Again unable to properly rest.

Of course, I'm back at work at 6:30am. And am already at my fourth cup of coffee in as many hours. And now I'm breaking into a sweat while simply typing and being physically inactive. Gah!

24 hours to go before my weekend starts and I can allow myself to fall into a sleep induced coma.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

33 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

?

What are you guys voting for ?

Monday’s off, paid vacation to Reaper Con, and kitten and/or puppy snuggles for life. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Erifnogard said:

Monday’s off, paid vacation to Reaper Con, and kitten and/or puppy snuggles for life. 

You've got my vote!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

What are you guys voting for ?

I vote that we all go back to bed, get a good night's sleep, and then wake up in a world where Jack has a well-paying job that doesn't suck and won't fire him in six months...

36 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm not gonna be back today - getting my eyes dilated after work! But what do you do when blind for 5 hours...

Find a guitar and record a blues cd?

Learn to navigate by echolocation?

Get some dark glasses and wander around the streets "accidentally" grabbing parts of peoples' anatomy while asking if anyone has seen your cane? ::P:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Remember to vote.

I have a choice between a competent incumbent mayor, who is rumored to run an old boys club, and has been here since the city incorporated (2002) 

and a rabble rousing  S-kicker with no political experience.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Hmm.

So, we go to a gym a few days a week and the ticket machine at the parking entrance has a sort of grumpy, rude, abrupt, when-is-Skynet-gonna-take-over voice.

It says “Please press the button” and then when you do it says “Take the ticket” in such an abrupt, sulky fashion that my husband and I imagine it is biting back the “... puny meatbags” comment it wants to append.

It does also have some sort of special card reader which we have never had access to.

So.  Anyway, the other day we were leaving the garage when a posh, shiny car drove up, and as I was inserting our ticket to leave I heard the familiar voice coo softly “Please take the ticket,” and just as I was thinking “Wait, did that machine say please?” it voiced a warm and unheard-of  “Welcome” and let the car in.

The next time we went we got the same abrupt commands.

The parking garage voice has extra-nice comments for VIPs! :blink:

I feel so steerage-class.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

Hmm.

So, we go to a gym a few days a week and the ticket machine at the parking entrance has a sort of grumpy, rude, abrupt, when-is-Skynet-gonna-take-over voice.

It says “Please press the button” and then when you do it says “Take the ticket” in such an abrupt, sulky fashion that my husband and I imagine it is biting back the “... puny meatbags” comment it wants to append.

It does also have some sort of special card reader which we have never had access to.

So.  Anyway, the other day we were leaving the garage when a posh, shiny car drove up, and as I was inserting our ticket to leave I heard the familiar voice coo softly “Please take the ticket,” and just as I was thinking “Wait, did that machine say please?” it voiced a warm and unheard-of  “Welcome” and let the car in.

The next time we went we got the same abrupt commands.

The parking garage voice has extra-nice comments for VIPs! :blink:

I feel so steerage-class.

Maybe the Ticket Machine took a fancy to the nice shiny car?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Need more Bacon!!!

Talk to Pezler. He recently attended that event with all the bacon wandering around. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Need more Bacon!!!

Yes.

Wrote a blog post about the new Thor movie and I'm getting way more comments on it over on G+ than I'm used to getting on my posts... Way way more!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Going home in a few minutes.

Thank you all for dragging me through the day!

Spaghetti dinner.

Youngest stepvixen's boyfriend will have dinner with us.

*** Will they make it work? Will he take her with him one day and provide me with a new hobby room make her happy???***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Why can't I wake up?  The 24oz of coffee does NOTHING.

I can't wake up, either but must make the learning teaching thingys with words and pictures.

57 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm not gonna be back today - getting my eyes dilated after work! But what do you do when blind for 5 hours...

I never understood the issue people have getting their eyes dialated. Never bothers me. :huh:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1