Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I think I'm getting sick. All my usual aches ache more. I'm getting a headache. My chest hurts more. Like, I don't really want to be sick during my first 3 day weekend, thankyouverymuch.

Wait, what happened to all the tags? ::o:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I think I'm getting sick. All my usual aches ache more. I'm getting a headache. My chest hurts more. Like, I don't really want to be sick during my first 3 day weekend, thankyouverymuch.

Wait, what happened to all the tags? ::o:

Hugs

Offers fat juicy buzzy covered in honey and buzzing loudly

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, kay13 said:

Hugs

Offers fat juicy buzzy covered in honey and buzzing loudly

Thankee. I'm not sure how that buzzing will effect my throat. Maybe some soup? :ik_oops:

• Like 8

One advantage of all this character background research is now I know how to spell words like Baghdad and Phoenician. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Here in Alabama it seems like all it ever does is get cold and never snows or anything. I dream of snow. thick snow one day. I need to take a vacation up north one winter.

That's the spirit!!

16 hours ago, Crowley said:

@kay13 @Aryanun well, it's been enjoying a small frosting covered brownie for about 24 hours now... Why my coworker left it out is a mystery...

To feed the fly, and the mice, and whatever other critters you have in your office?

15 hours ago, canuckotter said:

My local store has been great. I don't think I've been in since transitioning, but when I was in before they were always helpful but chill, and even had suggestions for what models and sets would work best for figures for D&D games and weren't remotely fazed by the idea that I don't play their games.

This sounds more like the experience I've had the majority of the times I've entered a GW store.

On only one occasion have I had an experience similar to Thes Hunter. Heck, it almost sounds like it could've been he same guy.

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

Okay, beasts taken care of. Off to party! I expect that there's a 50/50 chance I'll skip the open bar.  

What is this mythical beast you speak of?

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's the spirit!!

To feed the fly, and the mice, and whatever other critters you have in your office?

This sounds more like the experience I've had the majority of the times I've entered a GW store.

On only one occasion have I had an experience similar to Thes Hunter. Heck, it almost sounds like it could've been he same guy.

Most of the one's that I have been to have been timed events; one or two hours.  Of course, I'm pretty sure they lose money on a room full of sailors.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I've sadly lost my interest in GW a decade or so, when the prices were raised and the minis became plastics.

There are a select few I still like, mostly the Lizardman Monsters, I don't care for their rank and file lizards though.

Recently bought the Bastilladon for my project.

Where I loved the early Chaos and Undead minis, I just miss the character in the newer ones.

I have visited a few of their stores here in the Netherlands.

Mostly they act like GW is the only miniature hobby company in the world.

Somehow, and this may sound weird, because I love minis and toys..but somehow, I feel that GW produces toys and Reaper/Ral Partha/Dark Sword etc produce miniatures.

probably just my way of thinking.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

That and the noodles all soaked up the turkey stock so now it's less 'soup' and more 'noodles with good sauce' ::P:

That's generally what happens to me, too. My wife teases me about making turkey stew.:lol:

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Soooo, apparently my friend's car caught on fire.

All by itself?

27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

9a11a6f2-74d5-42a6-8edd-b2caf4fba97f.jpg

Wouldja just look at that handsome fella!::D:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:
21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Most of the one's that I have been to have been timed events; one or two hours.  Of course, I'm pretty sure they lose money on a room full of sailors.

We were supposed to have one a couple of times, but they ended up being cancelled at the last minute. And I'm sure you're right about the losing money thing...:lol:

I remember finding a bar in Rhodes, Greece that was offering all you can drink for a $20-30 cover charge. I KNOW they must've lost money on that deal; we drank them out of all their whiskey, all their rum, 10 out of 12 varieties of beer, and were working on the vodka when they finally kicked us out so they could 'clean up'.:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I got Angel..... :blink::rolleyes::lol::devil:

It's obviously broken.::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have visited a few of their stores here in the Netherlands.

Mostly they act like GW is the only miniature hobby company in the world.

That was specific company policy for decades. "You're not a miniatures gamer, you're playing the GW Hobby." This policy is closely related to my opinion of the company.

9 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

While I got giraffe?! :blink:

https://www.playbuzz.com/rebeccacampbell10/what-would-you-be-in-a-fantasy-world#eightieth

And this one gave me unicorn. 

I appear to be all all over the map. 

Somehow I ended up as a "Spellcaster". Shocking.

::o:

• Like 9