Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Had a minor panic attack just now. Went to look at the bank and set up the new online banking thing they've implemented and it gives me info that I need to set it up like account number and last deposit. Well it showed the last deposit as $0.02 and I kinda flipped out. I was worried someone had gotten a hold of Husbands card number but with a little more digging it was just the end of the year interest for our savings account...

In other news, I may be getting sick. I've been able to hold out this long but I think the stress of everything going on and being around people more than usual may be my downfall. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

I don't wanna go to work! I wanna stay home away from the cold and the crushing boredom!

Seriously, the guy teaching my training class has less charisma than a gelatinous cube behind glass. The only reason I haven't fallen asleep is pride. There's some wisdom in disallowing me any sort of tools because otherwise I would have taken apart my work computer, desk, and chair and put it all back together out of boredom by now. Multiple times. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

I'm at work today even though I feel terrible, because the office is much warmer than home is.

Fortunately almost no one else is here, so I am just sort of hiding in my office.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'm at work today even though I feel terrible, because the office is much warmer than home is.

Fortunately almost no one else is here, so I am just sort of hiding in my office.

image.png.f051236de3b830815a5aad2889bece77.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

I have to go to work tomorrow. On night shift. Outside. The projected low is 12F. But then on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I do the same thing and the projected lows are 2, 0, and -8F. These lows aren't accounting for wind chill.

So, for today my plan is to stay inside as much as possible, go nowhere, do nothing, and stay warm. Because I won't be doing that last part anytime soon past today.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

The pipes are frozen in my kitchen. No sink and no dishwasher ::(:

Luckily the toilets work fine still.

Edit: the toilets are not in the kitchen, for clarification.

Edited by Sophie was taken
  • Sad 10

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Ah, Vaseline is a wonderful thing. Smear a little on your chapped face before bed and your skin doesn't hurt anymore when you wake up, the cracked bits are nearly healed, and you feel good again. You should try it @Mad Jack :devil: 

I was subjected to that far too often as a kid...

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

The easily bored are dangerous.

The omnipotent, immortal easily bored are much more dangerous.

I resemble that remark.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Not exactly!  That was Willow the Vampire from an alternate dimension, not the 100% human one.

Of course when she turned into a Bad Witch she was also quite dangerous...

Thanks for that clarification. That was bugging me too.

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Also Sparkly Vampires are imposters!!!

There is no such thing as a sparkly vampire.

Quite so. Proper vampires are mean sonsabridges, stone cold killers.

Whatever else they have going on, that's the foundational reality.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jack is going to offline to handle some everyday life stuff, then he's going to have Adventures in Turkey-ing....   Said dire chicken should be fully thawed out (or close enough) and ready for preparation by the time the oven's heated up and I'm done slicing up all the vegibles I'm gong to throw in the cooking bag with it.

If the entire state of Connecticut suddenly disappears off the map accompanied by a massive booming noise, go right ahead and blame...um... Buglips for it.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I don't wanna go to work! I wanna stay home away from the cold and the crushing boredom!

Seriously, the guy teaching my training class has less charisma than a gelatinous cube behind glass. The only reason I haven't fallen asleep is pride. There's some wisdom in disallowing me any sort of tools because otherwise I would have taken apart my work computer, desk, and chair and put it all back together out of boredom by now. Multiple times. 

For those who are wondering, the CHA score of a gelatinous cube is 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

You mean you don't live in an efficiency where the sink and bathtub are the same thing and the toilet doubles as your dishwasher?

Modern conveniences, I tell ya...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I was subjected to that far too often as a kid...

I resemble that remark.

Almond oil + beeswax works wonders too. I poured boiling super saturated sugar syrup on my hand, and the burn was almost nearly gone in a day with that stuff. The syrup thing was due to doing chemistry experiments in the kitchen after many glasses of wine. :blink:

22 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Thanks for that clarification. That was bugging me too.

Quite so. Proper vampires are mean sonsabridges, stone cold killers.

Whatever else they have going on, that's the foundational reality.

Ok ok, both Vamp Willow AND Evil Willow had the phrase! 

And vampires are at heart nasty motherelfers. The only reason one may sparkle is if they're impersonating a rock star for the sake of luring fans/snacks. And that's sparkle added, it isn't part of them. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sophie was taken said:

My sister is experiencing the same thing. :unsure:

Sparkly things that claim to be vampires are really just fay trying to be edgy or goth.

• Like 7