Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Good grief I'm having bad luck with technology this year, the household DVD player died last night.

We were planning on upgrading it to a Blu Ray one, but with the trouble I'm having replacing mine we're sticking to just DVD's for now (and again I had trouble finding something decent yet inexpensive).

Hopefully the tech curse has run its course, if any of the larger appliances conk it, it could prove problematic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Good grief I'm having bad luck with technology this year, the household DVD player died last night.

We were planning on upgrading it to a Blu Ray one, but with the trouble I'm having replacing mine we're sticking to just DVD's for now (and again I had trouble finding something decent yet inexpensive).

Hopefully the tech curse has run its course, if any of the larger appliances conk it, it could prove problematic.

All 7 days of the year? ::D:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finished two projects today.

The one I'm most happy with, a bust painted as my own dog Brutus:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78734-boxer-dog-bust-as-my-pet-brutus-by-glitterwolf/

And the latest addition to my Lost World Project. An Aztec Jaguar warrior:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78733-aztec-jaguar-warrior-by-glitterwolf/

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

puts out salted licorice wolf bait.  will it attract WOOF members?  let's see!

*** Pounces on the licorice***

• Like 6

Picturing UT Vols dwarves now. Kind of enjoying my mental figurin'.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Currently waiting for a ride for my dad to get him back to the nursing home. There was basically no reason to send him here. He wasn't actually unresponsive, he's just kinda lost. He followed all the doctor's directions just fine, even if he doesn't make any sense. 

I got the sense that they really just didn't want to deal with him.

I kinda wanted to like that, because your dad was ok, but that last sentence caught me.

Isn't that kind of their job?

7 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

>Ignores the obvious bait<

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Pounces on the licorice***

>shakes head<

>activates wrist communicator<

"HQ, we have a serious incident currently taking place, we're gonna need a containment security team up here ASAP. Yes, it's him. Yes, it was licorice. Just get that team up here now!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 1/4/2018 at 7:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I never found alcohol to be a real help..

Anyway, you do have a good friendship with her, that's worth a lot.

I understand the mixed feelings you must have now.

If it keeps bothering you , then you might need to talk about it anyway with her.

Long before we started dating, I gave Grumoy puppy eyes, and asked if he would be willing to go to karaoke with me, since I didn't want to drink alone, because I was worried I might crawl into the bottle, and pull the cork in after me.

The man can nurse a pint for HOURS.

Strange thing, I actually DID drink less with him there.

And seeing him take the mic and singing Secret Agent Man was worth the price of admission.

Sometimes booze does help. In moderation, at least.::P:

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 1/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, Fire_Eyes said:

Ahhh I just found out I won a nail art contest I entered in November!!! I'm dancing around work right now!

For the interested my entry is under the spoiler:

Hide contents

IMG_20171204_153239_789-742x841.thumb.jpg.b2cb727f4a0f6a17b6e0fe18eeca1af8.jpg

Ooh, nice!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

I dunno, I hear bacon, cookies, and cupcakes work a lot better as bait.  Bonus points if some sort of rope tug thingy is also included to burn off the sugar rush afterwards ^_^ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 1/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, Sylverthorne said:

I BAKED A CAKE!

... yes, I did. A lemon cake, with lemon. And lemon glaze.

It is also made of dragon, because I have a pan. *chortles* I has a happy. Mr. Thorne has a happy. It is good.

Grump made butterscotch yesterday.

I never knew what goes into it, but always assumed, you know, SCOTCH!

Turns out it is just brown sugar and butter, and a bit of cream.

None of which TASTE anything like butterscotch!

MAGIC! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I dunno, I hear bacon, cookies, and cupcakes work a lot better as bait.  Bonus points if some sort of rope tug thingy is also included to burn off the sugar rush afterwards ^_^ 

Wolves raised below sea level can be a tad eccentric.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 1/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

I have discovered that Megan and I have very different ways of viewing groceries.

Megan looks at the groceries and sees food.

I look at the groceries and see ingredients.

Which means that Megan will take the fewest steps needed to turn the groceries into a meal.

Give Megan bread and ground beef, and she will make hamburgers. Making meatloaf would not even cross her mind. (Yesterday I made lazy meatloaf - two eggs, some barbecue sauce, a package of stuffing that we didn't use for the holidays, and two pounds of ground beef. Normally I am a bit more creative - to the point where I am not sure that I have ever used a written recipe for meatloaf as listed.)

Pretty sure she has picked up her mum's (non)cooking habits. ::P: (I can pinpoint the exact moment when her mum started approving of me as a boyfriend... it involved food.)

She's starting to make progress though - and can now look at a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup as something other than soup.

The Auld Grump - I remember my mom saying that a man could only cook with one hand - they needed the other hand to hold the box so they could read the instruction. My mom was... a creatively awful cook.

Mum was a single mom, and working two jobs.

No time for cooking, or teaching me to ccok.

She approved of you a lot earlier than that - she vetted you with folks that knew you. She didn't want me repeating mistakes. It helped that you really wanted to break Phil. She hated him even before.

Knowing how your mom cooked explains a lot of how you cook. You are trying to do what your mother did, but do it RIGHT.

Most times you don't even open the cookbook. Groceries go in, food comes out.

You taste EVERYTHING. You TALK to the food.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3