Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Tomorrow morning is my last shift at the hat shop in town, in case the Coloradans want to say Hi! It has been fun there, but it is a good time to conclude there. I think I'll stay friends with the hat boss. She rocks. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Zink said:

I'm such a mixed breed I don't even get a goofy classification.

If I recall my road runner/coyote latin, for a machine gun wielding squirrel, I'd call you:

Seriosus Sciurus

(Serious Squirrel)

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

If I recall my road runner/coyote latin, for a machine gun wielding squirrel, I'd call you:

Seriosus Sciurus

(Serious Squirrel)

Was considering changing avatars because it's kind of cold for gophers right now. Just couldn't think of anything better at the moment. Not sure if I want to spend my life as a rodent! :lol:

• Like 7

Finished reading a collection of flash-fiction chapbooks earlier today. Started Brenda Shaughnessy's Human Dark With Sugar tonight. Fun title, but pretty meh on it so far.

Even this one kind of phases out in the middle. But there's bacon.

262F305F-05A6-4188-AD38-A47A17BB5160.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Does that make you a radioactive element? :ph34r:

Funny smelling potted plant instead. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

British Isles Mutt, here.

Amerind, Hungarian, and British isles mongrel here

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

They probably waited too many days to change their fryer oil.

If the food tasted "off" the oil may be borderline [or fully] rancid.

GEM

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Nah, nothing that extreme. Fries were just inedible after sitting around under the heat lamp too long, and one of the pieces of fish had been sitting a bit, too. Could've been worse. But still.

LJS has been terrible for a while now. It's a combination of changing oils because "healthy" like all the other fast food chains have done, and changing recipes. I remember going to LJS when I was a kid and their fries were amazing. It was like they'd been lightly battered before being fried, which is admittedly terrible for you but it made them totally delicious and super crispy. Now they're limp, bland, flavorless pieces of soggy potato every time I go. Their hush puppies don't taste the same either, like they've had their seasoning amounts cut in half or something. You can still get bits of the flavor you love, but it's not as good as it was.

• Like 3

What drives me nuts is the amount of breading clumps stuck on the fish. Yeah there's always going to be a few but it seems like the simple task of running a strainer through the breading to get the clumps out is against thier company policy or something. 

• Like 3

I have evidence for 4 continents. Genetic analysis suggests something in the range of 3 and 5.

I have spent the last 8 hours filing minis while playing Dragon Age. Productiveness!

...I have work tomorrow don't I? I am disappoint.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

What drives me nuts is the amount of breading clumps stuck on the fish. Yeah there's always going to be a few but it seems like the simple task of running a strainer through the breading to get the clumps out is against thier company policy or something. 

I always loved the extra crispy bits of fried batter. That was one of the best parts of going to LJS.

• Like 2

Monday! We meet again old foe!!!

*** Sharpens claws, files teeth, attaches heavy mace to tail ***

Let's do this!

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Long before we started dating, I gave Grumoy puppy eyes, and asked if he would be willing to go to karaoke with me, since I didn't want to drink alone, because I was worried I might crawl into the bottle, and pull the cork in after me.

The man can nurse a pint for HOURS.

Strange thing, I actually DID drink less with him there.

And seeing him take the mic and singing Secret Agent Man was worth the price of admission.

Sometimes booze does help. In moderation, at least.::P:

I know, I have nothing against a little drink every now and then, I like a nice drink sometimes.

A nice rum or liquer, red wine...

But people should be careful, booze will not solve your problem.

I might be too careful..a 16 year old friendship went down the drain a few years ago because one of my best friends developed an alcohol problem.

Couldn't be reasoned with, didn't even admit it..got a violent streak even.

So yeah, I might be a tad careful when people drink to forget stuff..

15 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Wolves raised below sea level can be a tad eccentric.

See? I'm not weird!!! I'm  "Eccentric"

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I always loved the extra crispy bits of fried batter. That was one of the best parts of going to LJS.

They aren't bad in moderation, but when they almost out weigh the fish it gets to be a bit much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I have decided what I want to do with my next D&D character.

26733575_2238605309498643_6991001010648374358_n.jpg

Hubby says he foresees many "what came first" jokes with  that character. :lol:

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I kinda wanted to like that, because your dad was ok, but that last sentence caught me.

Isn't that kind of their job?

Yes, we are paying them 5k+ a month to look after him. And the doctors at the hospital said that seemed like a baseline dementia patient, someone a memory care ward should be fully able to handle. But I'm gonna let my brother have that conversation with them. He's pretty good at putting the fear of Thor in people.

9 hours ago, Zink said:

I'm such a mixed breed I don't even get a goofy classification.

I'm a European mutt. My mom likes to do the genealogy thing, and has found all sorts of interesting bits in our DNA. I'm just glad that the 2% Jewish can validate my occasional "oy vey" :lol: 

• Like 6