Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

For some reason, lately I've been feeling a strong urge to start pursuing one of my #LifeGoals...

The Plague of Green Hats.

In one of the castles in Oblivion, some time ago I managed to place copies of a particular green hood on everyone in the building...

It took me about six hours to do.

Spoiler

8accOC.jpg

I've always wanted to attempt the feat of putting a green hood on EVERYONE IN IMPERIAL CITY...

It's tough to do, because you need to sneak into the room when each person is sleeping, and reverse-pickpocket the item into their inventory without waking them up. Then, because when a person in the game wakes up they equip themselves with the best items they own in each category, the characters automatically put their hoods on if they don't normally have anything on their heads. If they do have something on their heads, you usually have to steal it out of their inventory first, assuming it gets taken off and placed in their inventory while they sleep.

This is particularly troublesome for guards, because they generally have helmets, which are better than hoods. And there's also the stipulation that you can only reverse-pickpocket zero-weight items into a person's inventory, of which the hood is one of a very limited number (that doesn't include any helmets). I'm contemplating taking the time to enchant a hood with some magical protection and see if I can't get the guards to wear it.

This would be a massive undertaking in terms of time and effort, and thus I'm resisting the urge to do it because I have so many other things that are more important to do. Which I'm already currently procrastinating on with other things... that I'm also procrastinating on.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

I tell you what irritates the mess out of me; customers call in leaving a message saying, "Hey this is Mrs. Roberts could you give me a call" then give me a number that is not registered.... I can't look them up or anything, cause guess what? I have about 50 Mrs. Roberts in my system. 

Rant over.

And some people are so surprised when I give a full name, with address or account number when leaving such messages...  Oh, and a brief message too as to why I was calling.  Sure, it means possibly a two minute message for important stuff but they actually know why I called.... 

• Like 8

I'm tired and slightly sick. Went to the doctor this morning for unrelated follow up stuff. She told me I need to eat better and exercise. Which I already knew she'd tell me to do. So not much productive there.

I need to paint but I don't have a lot of time to do it before we have to head to a different doctor's appointment. It's gonna be a long day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And some people are so surprised when I give a full name, with address or account number when leaving such messages...  Oh, and a brief message too as to why I was calling.  Sure, it means possibly a two minute message for important stuff but they actually know why I called.... 

I make a habit when leaving a message or sending an email of including my full name and contact info, account number and every possible reference number they might need, and a detailed description of why I'm contacting them...

I'm also the guy who takes a picture of whatever I'm working on so that when I go to a store for something I can just explain what I'm doing, show them the picture and go, "I need one of these"...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I make a habit when leaving a message or sending an email of including my full name and contact info, account number and every possible reference number they might need, and a detailed description of why I'm contacting them...

I'm also the guy who takes a picture of whatever I'm working on so that when I go to a store for something I can just explain what I'm doing, show them the picture and go, "I need one of these"...

You would think it would be a common thing to do such things... 

My new favorite thing is to start the message with my phone number so in case they need to replay it to get my number they don't have to listen to the whole thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

If this is a YouTube playlist, I asks politely please for the link.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

If its the one I think it is, it was an insanely inexpensive amazon digital album. Something like $2...

99 cents, back when I got it - it has now risen in price to the stratospheric price of $6.99... (And still well worth it.)

However, someone did put 50 of the 99 into a YouTube playlist -

*EDIT* It may very well be my most played album. And great background music for thinking, painting, or gaming.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Okay, that is worrying....

For Christmas I gave Megan a Bones Kaladrax, painted and on a shoulder pad, so it can be worn as a familiar.

I made it so it could be taken out of the shoulder mount, and replaced on the base, which I also painted....

It is now off of the shoulder pad, back on its base, next to the computer, and is sitting on a pile of Eberron source books....

The Auld Grump... should I be worried? Yes, yes, I think I should be worried.... ::D::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I may have to stay out of the General Fantasy topic entirely - I keep seeing the Eberron Game thread, and go 'Oooh! Eberron!' and almost click it before I see the No Auld Grumps Allowed part of the title....

Eberron was a great choice on Megan's part - one of my favorite 3.X/D20 settings, right up there with the original version of The Iron Kingdoms.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

Almost freedom time, and my contacting agency wants to chat.

Plus D&D tonight!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

99 cents, back when I got it - it has now risen in price to the stratospheric price of $6.99... (And still well worth it.)

However, someone did put 50 of the 99 into a YouTube playlist -

*EDIT* It may very well be my most played album. And great background music for thinking, painting, or gaming.

The Auld Grump

I just had to deal with Amazon customer service, because several of the songs were missing from my computer, including the first song on the album.

I was disgruntled because the e-mail service button was disabled, which meant I had to use the Chat version....

Which handled the matter in a matter of seconds, was very polite, and fixed the problem immediately.

I am thinking that maybe there was a reason that Amazon wanted me to use the Chat help....

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmmm It might also work on M.E.O.W. and C.L.A.W. troops...

@Grayfax? See that red dot? Go fetch!

*** Scampers after dot ***

Wait... what?  You can't...

*** Sees another dot and runs up the wall after it ***

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Microsoft's "fix" [patch] has borked Athlon Architecture Chips, which also includes some chips marketed as Athlon II and Phenom.

Big discussions on this ongoing problem on The Register.

If you own Intel or Microsoft stock, now might be a good time to step aside and sell while there is still reasonable value left.  The repercussions from these design flaws are going to reverberate through tech for years.

GEM

THIS issue has been occupying too much of my time lately.  The antivirus has to be an approved version to be able to apply the patch.  Mostly we are dealing with Xeon and Core iX computers, so... the Athlon issue is a big one, I hope we don't have it anywhere.  But we have to certify everything.  Hooray for extra paperwork and busywork.

*** trudges back to the datamines with computers in tow ***

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump... should I be worried? Yes, yes, I think I should be worried.... ::D::lol:

Since I peeked, I could tell ya...

... but she’d turn me into a newt!***

*** I’d get better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Since I peeked, I could tell ya...

*** I’d get better.

Like, a proper newt you have in a tank, or the epic kind that's more like a sleek lizardman?  Because the latter could always be an interesting thing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Like, a proper newt you have in a tank, or the epic kind that's more like a sleek lizardman?  Because the latter could always be an interesting thing. 

I suppose it would depend on if she needed something amusing to watch, or some extra hands around the house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

*** I’d get better.

Are you sure?

image.png.18eb207cda95d66c01b76a14ec1b649f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2