Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Tinder is depressing. I'll be honest.

Thinking growing old and dying alone will be the way to go.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Coffee!

I hate job hunting...

*sigh*

More D&D tonight. Really want to finish my eye beast... Tomorrow I guess.

I need to start mine. I got the gap filled last night at least.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Tinder is depressing. I'll be honest.

Thinking growing old and dying alone will be the way to go.

I think you’re at the point that you can start writing country songs now. Or songwriter for several pop stars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Oh most definitely, I'm sure she'll appreciate a fine Charolais. Though I think @Cyradis is coming to see this. Geologists for scale:

tumblr_m8f3qgXJV11r2j7ub.png

jade-tony-ritter.jpg

*looks over at PaganMegan's Eberron thead, turns back to Auld Grump* You should be. :blues:

*drools*

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I’ve been waiting since 9:30 this morning for our customer to finish some troubleshooting on a piece of their equipment that attaches to our equipment. They knew about this needing to be done yesterday afternoon. They finally got around to it, and now they want an ETA from ME.<_< My first thought was to tell them ‘the week after never’, but choose to go with ‘soon’ instead.

I wait for you for 3+ hours, and then, once it’s in my hands, it becomes important? Ok, it won’t be long, I promise. Hold your breath.:devil:

• Like 6

Husband got the rest of his Christmas presents today. I got him a bunch of Sentinels of the Multiverse stuff. Which I now get to spend the day sleeving...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

I need to start mine. I got the gap filled last night at least.

I didn't bother with any gap filling. It was mostly something to soak up extra paint until it got to the point where I just needed to finish it. 

So losing any and all motivation to do anything else at this job.

Gonna be down 2 players tonight, but they were both good enough to email me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Sitting in the dentists chair yesterday & all I could of was how awesome those tools (drills, light, glasses) would be to use on mini's.

If I only had steadier hands. ::(:

I was thinking the same thing when I had 4 appointments last month (btw, there is a reason they say to go yearly...9 cavities and gingivitis...eek)

I need a nap. Why don't adults get nap time?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Sitting in the dentists chair yesterday & all I could of was how awesome those tools (drills, light, glasses) would be to use on mini's.

If I only had steadier hands. ::(:

I resisted the urge to ask the dentist how much his headgear cost.. and if it would work with glasses .. i feel like i need to figure out and master the eye-hand coordination part of working through a magnifier at some point :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nephrite jade, actually. British Columbia has a massive deposit of it.

Logical place for it; it forms with ophiolite complexes at convergent boundaries - the western coast of North America has sporadic ophiolites along it due to the convergent plates, although not all as spectacular as those you showed. Those are impressive nephrite boulders though. Mmmm nephrite. Good stuff! 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Unruly said:

All of the Harry Potter movies are on HBO Now this month, so I watched them all. Then, yesterday, since I was out of main Harry Potter movies to watch, I decided to finally watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It has been on HBO Now for a couple months, and I've just never decided to watch it yet.

It's not a great movie. It took me two days to watch it. But I guess they're making a sequel? I hope the sequel doesn't take place in America. I really don't like the way they depicted Americans as being wholly intolerant of everything...

I'm also on my third "glass" of cheap wine that I'd originally bought to cook with but now seem to just be drinking in quantity. I was going to do my taxes tonight, but my copy of the tax software I ordered didn't get delivered like it was supposed to. I would have normally just bought the digital download version so that wouldn't have been an issue, but I was able to save $10 by buying the physical copy. Which seems counter to the whole reason for selling digital copies in the first place.

That reflects the fashionable attitude of Americans among British Liberals.

J.K. Rowling is letting more and more of her political leanings seep into her writings the older she gets.

GEM

• Like 1

*snorts*

Someone asks about paint shaking schedules. I politely reply. He gets angry because I didn't give a yes or no answer and claims my reading comprehension is terrible. Before I can reply, he deletes post (perhaps for the better - as I was about to call out his BS). Whatever, dirtwad. So glad people on the forums are nice; the Reaper facebook group has gotten a bit sleazy lately. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

*snorts*

Someone asks about paint shaking schedules. I politely reply. He gets angry because I didn't give a yes or no answer and claims my reading comprehension is terrible. Before I can reply, he deletes post (perhaps for the better - as I was about to call out his BS). Whatever, dirtwad. So glad people on the forums are nice; the Reaper facebook group has gotten a bit sleazy lately. 

Saw that, decided not to get involved. What is it with that group?

Half an hour to go... 

I just wrote a blog post about how I painted a mini... That I haven't painted yet. :wacko: :lol:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

*snorts*

Yeahhhh, I'm mostly ignoring the facebook page after 2 different instances of my rage bringing me to tears...

• Sad 5