Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I'd expect a polite reaction to get a polite response or be ignored. Having it be confrontational is really irritating. Geez, I was trying to be nice and useful. I like having the painting groups and pages on my feed in general to "thin" the political drama. Why bother if the painting stuff is going to get hostile too though? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I’ve been waiting since 9:30 this morning for our customer to finish some troubleshooting on a piece of their equipment that attaches to our equipment. They knew about this needing to be done yesterday afternoon. They finally got around to it, and now they want an ETA from ME.<_< My first thought was to tell them ‘the week after never’, but choose to go with ‘soon’ instead.

I wait for you for 3+ hours, and then, once it’s in my hands, it becomes important? Ok, it won’t be long, I promise. Hold your breath.:devil:

Soon soon, or ValveTM SoonTM? ::P:

The Auld Grump, I wonder how Half Life 3 is coming along.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

So, I want my 1000th post to be happy. 'Cause I'm odd. So, here it is! This is my 1000th post! YAY! What should my title be now?

Also...how do I get sorted??? I'm 99% sure I'm Figmentius...

...Oh. This is 1001, somehow. I saw 999 after my last post... (slight disappoint)

OMG OMG OMG I JUST NOTICED THE HALO! I LIKE THE HALO! When did I get the halo? Did I just get it? 

Edited by Paradoxical Mouse
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*looks over at PaganMegan's Eberron thead, turns back to Auld Grump* You should be. :blues:

*Drops to knees*

Noooooo!

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So, I want my 1000th post to be happy. 'Cause I'm odd. So, here it is! This is my 1000th post! YAY! What should my title be now?

...Oh. This is 1001, somehow. I saw 999 after my last post... (slight disappoint)

OMG OMG OMG I JUST NOTICED THE HALO! I LIKE THE HALO! When did I get the halo? Did I just get it? 

You are now an angelic mouse. And I googled "angel mouse" for shizngiggles. This comes up. http://angelmouse.wikia.com/wiki/Angelmouse 

Yes, you did just get the halo. Since ReaperBryan is now Dr. Wyrm, I guess we pester another mod? @OneBoot - Mouse needs Houseifying! 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I'd expect a polite reaction to get a polite response or be ignored. Having it be confrontational is really irritating. Geez, I was trying to be nice and useful. I like having the painting groups and pages on my feed in general to "thin" the political drama. Why bother if the painting stuff is going to get hostile too though? 

I think the main problem is it's Facebook. I have pretty much given up on Facebook, including the Reaper group. I occasionally check my notifications and look at posts from people I know in real life. I don't look at comments very often. Reaper's forums are a much better place to painting advice and to hang out on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Flit said:

I think the main problem is it's Facebook. I have pretty much given up on Facebook, including the Reaper group. I occasionally check my notifications and look at posts from people I know in real life. I don't look at comments very often. Reaper's forums are a much better place to painting advice and to hang out on.

twitter also has hit the end of it's useful life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was never on Twitter. Don't see the point when I have FB. I don't have a need to hear everything in the world; I figure important stuff will make its way onto other channels. I have an account purely for supporting friends who need follower counts, which is rare. I don't bother with Instagram - FB has photo sharing with friends, and I don't need to broadcast through that style network. 
I generally use my social media to keep in contact with friends. And almost all the time, political chat among friends goes fine. But having the posts there all the time is rough and tiring, even if I agree on topics. Hence thinning it with painting pages and Inspirobot. 

• Like 4

I just realized I never got Houseified.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

twitter also has hit the end of it's useful life.

Twitter had a useful life? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Dibs! Welcome to House Polychromus!

Maybe part of the problem is that I think I belong to all the houses. Makes it hard to pick just one. :lol:

Edited by Flit
typo
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*looks over at PaganMegan's Eberron thead, turns back to Auld Grump* You should be. :blues:

Yikes, went looking for the info Megan wanted on the Dragon Below.... I had forgotten how much of an evil mystery cult it is.....

The Auld Grump

39 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1