Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

26 minutes ago, Flit said:

Maybe part of the problem is that I think I belong to all the houses. Makes it hard to pick just one. :lol:

I went through this a couple months ago. None of the houses offered me enough to join so I'm still freelance. ::D: I couldn't decide either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Unruly said:

All of the Harry Potter movies are on HBO Now this month, so I watched them all. Then, yesterday, since I was out of main Harry Potter movies to watch, I decided to finally watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It has been on HBO Now for a couple months, and I've just never decided to watch it yet.

It's not a great movie. It took me two days to watch it. But I guess they're making a sequel? I hope the sequel doesn't take place in America. I really don't like the way they depicted Americans as being wholly intolerant of everything...

I'm also on my third "glass" of cheap wine that I'd originally bought to cook with but now seem to just be drinking in quantity. I was going to do my taxes tonight, but my copy of the tax software I ordered didn't get delivered like it was supposed to. I would have normally just bought the digital download version so that wouldn't have been an issue, but I was able to save $10 by buying the physical copy. Which seems counter to the whole reason for selling digital copies in the first place.

The Form 1040 final version has not been released yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is it a bad sign when you get home, ask your wife what she's up to....

And her answer is 'Looking innocent!' :devil: (Not looking innocent, mind you... she definitely looks like she is up to something.... :lol: )

The Auld Grump - any time you look like your not up to anything, you're up to something.... :wub: (She's reading over my shoulder.)

Hmmm... Megan's last post in her Eberron thread was less than ten minutes ago... and she is trying to look innocent, or at least telling me she's trying to look innocent. (Not the same thing! ::P: )

Going to do my e-mail, then get off the computer so she can get back to it.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Tinder is depressing. I'll be honest.

Thinking growing old and dying alone will be the way to go.

Pop over to the U.K. and I’ll hook you up with a couple of strumpets, one of them even has some of her own teeth. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

You are now an angelic mouse. And I googled "angel mouse" for shizngiggles. This comes up. http://angelmouse.wikia.com/wiki/Angelmouse 

Yes, you did just get the halo. Since ReaperBryan is now Dr. Wyrm, I guess we pester another mod? @OneBoot - Mouse needs Houseifying! 

1 hour ago, Flit said:

I just realized I never got Houseified.

Regretfully, I don't have the amazing powerz required to add anybody to a House. :( Only an admin can do that. 

I shall endeavor to find out which admin is best to contact about that. :) Kit is the IT guy again, but he's super crazy busy and I haven't seen him on the forums in some time. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I think you’re at the point that you can start writing country songs now. Or songwriter for several pop stars.

I'd like to get to work on something, actually, but I'm kinda dead inside right now. No will to function.

It did occur to me that I'm a little surprised no one ever did a country cover of the Friends theme. Lot to f room from twang there, oddly.

And I had lunch with a buddy. Real Mexican food! Made by actually Mexicans! It was delicious.

Burritos kinda remind me of all I've lost now too tho.

Delicious, metaphorical burritos.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Pop over to the U.K. and I’ll hook you up with a couple of strumpets, one of them even has some of her own teeth. 

I can be in Kentucky and surrounded by toothless beauties in, like, an hour and a half. But the offer is tempting all the same.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hopefully today something positive can be done about my dad's condition. My mom is going to his appointment with a list of questions and a package of research. Dad's doctor doesn't know it yet, but he should feel the threat of oncoming doom. I just hope his condition can be improved...

Excellent, good for her! I hope the doctor gives her some decent information, as well as some good news.

4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Why don't adults get nap time?

It's an evil conspiracy.

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

*snorts*

Someone asks about paint shaking schedules. I politely reply. He gets angry because I didn't give a yes or no answer and claims my reading comprehension is terrible. Before I can reply, he deletes post (perhaps for the better - as I was about to call out his BS). Whatever, dirtwad. So glad people on the forums are nice; the Reaper facebook group has gotten a bit sleazy lately. 

I think I figured out the problem...

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Saw that, decided not to get involved. What is it with that group?

Half an hour to go... 

I just wrote a blog post about how I painted a mini... That I haven't painted yet. :wacko: :lol:

So, you've figured out time travel?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Figmentius has unicorns. And immortality*.

*yet to be tested

So does House Tabletop. We also have Pegasi.::D:

2 hours ago, Flit said:

Maybe part of the problem is that I think I belong to all the houses. Makes it hard to pick just one. :lol:

That's actually the case with just about all of us.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Giving her back the computer again. ::):

The Auld Grump - is it a bad sign that a lot of my miniature boxes are open?

That all depends; which ones are missing?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Flit said:

I just realized I never got Houseified.

Always did wonder what those houses were. 

4 hours ago, eldamir said:

Twitter had a useful life? 

I playfully say the same thing.  140 characters just doesn't offer much up, nor does the "leave gasp, now doubled to 280!!" characters. 

• Like 3

This week has been entirely too sad at la casa de Klarg. 200 unread pages of randomness is a very welcome distraction.

Thank you.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

This week has been entirely too sad at la casa de Klarg. 200 unread pages of randomness is a very welcome distraction.

Thank you.

You are welcome.  Also, if you need to talk, drop me a line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aryanun said:

The Form 1040 final version has not been released yet.

Well, that's a bummer. It means I'll be able to do my taxes but not file them yet. Then, when the final 1040 is released the software will update and I'll have to go back in and see if I need to change anything before filing. But at least the bulk of the work will be out of the way.

Tonight at work I had a guy hit me with his truck. Not hard, but it was intentional, despite his cries to the contrary once I got on the phone with 911 to have the cops come. I was booting his truck for unpaid tickets, and I was just getting ready to put the boot on when he came out of a building across the street. He asked what I was doing, I told him, and then he ran across the street, hopped in the truck, and started trying to drive off before I got the chance to tighten the boot onto the wheel. I was putting it on the front driver's side tire, he backed up a bit, then put it in drive and started going forward while I was still kneeling down trying to get the boot tightened. He hit me in the left arm with his tire, I stood up, and then he stopped.

As soon as I told him I was calling the cops he starts yelling "no, no no, don't call the cops! I didn't mean to hit you!" and starts trying to apologize. I'm kneeling down in front of his truck as he tries to drive forward, what other outcome would there be? I finished tightening down the boot, and just waited for the cops to show. He's now being charged with battery, and I towed his car rather than just booting it because I'm not going to be nice anymore after you try to run me over.

My rage and my nerves made me do a bad thing and buy cigarettes though. I hadn't had a smoke since New Year's Eve, and I was doing good.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7