Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

17 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Well, that's a bummer. It means I'll be able to do my taxes but not file them yet. Then, when the final 1040 is released the software will update and I'll have to go back in and see if I need to change anything before filing. But at least the bulk of the work will be out of the way.

Tax season  (meaning when we'll begin processing tax returns for this year) doesn't start until January 29th anyway, so filing now won't move it any faster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My dad has officially diagnosed with Lewy body dementia and moved to the skilled nursing facility. They're prepping him for hospice care. Or prepping us.

• Sad 17

2 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Tax season  (meaning when we'll begin processing tax returns for this year) doesn't start until January 29th anyway, so filing now won't move it any faster.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info. I had assumed that they would be processing returns from mid-January onward, since people start getting their W-2s and things as early as the first week of January. 

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My dad has officially diagnosed with Lewy body dementia and moved to the skilled nursing facility. They're prepping him for hospice care. Or prepping us.

There's a podcast I'm going to recommend you listen to. It's a specific episode of The Art of Manliness podcast where he talks with a long time hospice care nurse, Barbara Karnes, who works with families as they go through losing a loved one and who has published books on the subject. It's an extremely informative podcast that goes into the depths of what families will experience once a loved one ends up in hospice and reaches the point of no return. It's very eye opening, and in a good way. 

It's episode 171: The Dying Experience - Myths and Answers.

Listen to it, and don't let the situation get you down. After all, it's just another part of living.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well, it's midnight, and it  looks like I'm going to have another rough night. I'll be sleepy for ten minutes, so lay down to sleep. Ten minutes later I'm wide awake. Rinse and repeat for a couple of hours before I resort to the couch to get the TV to try to bore me asleep. But there's no How Its Made or football on right now. Trying BBC's Star Trek marathon.

Nearly have the headache from 'bout 2pm finished. Wonder if it's a migraine of some sort.

• Sad 7

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

I can be in Kentucky and surrounded by toothless beauties in, like, an hour and a half. But the offer is tempting all the same.

Ahh but do they have the accent....

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Ahh but do they have the accent....

You jest, but the common southern drawl is typically just a slowed down and elongated English accent.

• Like 6

I have discovered that, through a channel I put on my roku years and years ago, I have full access to all the seasons of The Red Green Show. I also have access to NHK World through the same channel. Sadly, it's no longer updated and so a lot of the stuff that it previously provided is no longer available. I added the channel when I got my first roku, but then I literally never touched it until I got a new Roku after Christmas and started going through the channels I never used to see if they were worth keeping. And now I really wish I'd known how useful this channel could have been...

• Like 3

So wife and I went to a movie on Tuesday.

We saw the remake of Murder on The Orient Express.

Movie was very well done.

Got home and evening was more or less normal. 

Woke up Wednesday Morning with screaming migraine, which is part of the cost of going to a movie theater for me.

In bed all day in dark, quiet room.

It's now almost four AM and the headache has eased off some but I know today is basically going to be me sitting in a field of broccoli.

On the bright side, we're one day closer to Reapercon.

GEM

• Sad 5

9 hours ago, Unruly said:

Tonight at work I had a guy hit me with his truck.

---snip----

My rage and my nerves made me do a bad thing and buy cigarettes though. I hadn't had a smoke since New Year's Eve, and I was doing good.

Quitting is hard; believe me, I know.

Don't give up, though!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Figmentius has unicorns. And immortality*.

*yet to be tested

**** Jumps up and down***

and we have a very loveable technicoloured Wolf!! Other houses only have boring grey wolves or even worse, NO wolves!!!

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Always did wonder what those houses were. 

They are a fun thing, nothing serious.

Made up in a Harry Potter style fashion for fun.

Official Houses you can join when you have reached 1000 posts.

• Figmentius - Collects all...oohh shiny!!!
  • Procrastius - Postpones doing anything hobby related - We'll get to it!
  • Frogwarts - Converters - Hand me those clippers!
  • Tabletop - Wargamers - I rolled a SIX!!!!

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

That's bad news.

My sympathies, I wish you all strength!!!

I NEED someone to sculpt this NOW!!!

Spoiler

DSy7a5rVMAAWCnr.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

BORING?!?!?!!?

Even huskies have more colour than grey/gray wolves.  Says someone with a ton of orange mixed in with black, but I digress.... ^_^ :P

Huskies also have CURLY TAILS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!  (and oh so cute "I know I'm in trouble, but DERRRRRRRP!" face that someone is more effective than puppy eyes for getting forgiveness)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Even huskies have more colour than grey/gray wolves.  Says someone with a ton of orange mixed in with black, but I digress.... ^_^ :P

Huskies also have CURLY TAILS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!  (and oh so cute "I know I'm in trouble, but DERRRRRRRP!" face that someone is more effective than puppy eyes for getting forgiveness)

Dangit Moon Moon...

9155182_1388247030.7007_yqylen_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8