Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

11 hours ago, Unruly said:

He asked what I was doing, I told him, and then he ran across the street, hopped in the truck, and started trying to drive off before I got the chance to tighten the boot onto the wheel.

First off, yikes, that guy is crazy.  I'm glad you weren't hurt.  Did you have any warning he was going to drive off?  What would have happened to the boot, etc. if the boot was loose when he drove off?  I know almost nothing about boots.  I don't even know if they use them around here.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Flit said:

Have you tried taking melatonin? It helps me when I have trouble going to sleep. Also seems to keep me from waking up in the middle of the night.

I haven’t. It’s most likely related to the cold I’ve got right now, so not sure melatonin would work.

Valerian root usually does me just fine, and I’ve got some ambien from last year’s bout of insomnia (48 hours awake). But the ambien wasn’t the “nuke insomnia from orbit” that I hoped, since I was awake for another 12 hours after I took it. So little reluctant to snatch at a third sleep assist. Even NyQuil isn’t doing me any favors at night because of the nightmares it gives me. Either I changed or they tweaked the formula a couple of years ago.

• Sad 5

23 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I haven’t. It’s most likely related to the cold I’ve got right now, so not sure melatonin would work.

Valerian root usually does me just fine, and I’ve got some ambien from last year’s bout of insomnia (48 hours awake). But the ambien wasn’t the “nuke insomnia from orbit” that I hoped, since I was awake for another 12 hours after I took it. So little reluctant to snatch at a third sleep assist. Even NyQuil isn’t doing me any favors at night because of the nightmares it gives me. Either I changed or they tweaked the formula a couple of years ago.

That sucks. Melatonin is different in that it is produced in the body. Taking it when you are ready to go to sleep basically gives you more when you need it. I can't take NyQuil. It makes me throw up and I'm very leery of the side effects of "sleeping pills".

Hope you fee better soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That all depends; which ones are missing?

None, but she has a checklist....

And the Dark Young of Shub Niggurath, both in Bones and the RAFM version were taken out and on the table.

I think Megan is going to be the one buying minis for a while, though I think I may want a figure for a Warforged gunslinger.

DESIGNATION: HECTOR-RAMSES.

CODENAME: PALADIN.

SPECTIALIZATION: RANGED EXOTIC.

Going to see if I can find a voice modulator, then run an imitation of Richard Boone through it.... ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

May have made a mistake last night.

Placed a phone call. Put ruining my life on the table for saving my marriage, basically. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Don't have high hopes either way.

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

May have made a mistake last night.

Placed a phone call. Put ruining my life on the table for saving my marriage, basically. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Don't have high hopes either way.

So, she wants something that makes you think it will ruin you? Hmm...

First thought was children, but think you have those... so... she wants to move to North Korea?

• Like 2

Choosing to leave South Korea to live in the DPRK might be a pretty fitting metaphor for the situation, actually.

We are childless, thank God. Given the circumstances and all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Choosing to leave South Korea to live in the DPRK might be a pretty fitting metaphor for the situation, actually.

We are childless, thank God. Given the circumstances and all.

Wow.

I hope you can find mutual ground.

If one spous gives up something he/she could not live without to stay together than I must warn you, that won't work on the long run.

Both should be happy...

Of course if it is not that important to lose your spouse over it, then it might be for the wiser.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

So, she desires you to move in with the in-laws, eh? Difficult choice!

/kidding

//if my wife and I separated, we would have to live with our in-laws after being disowned by our own family

• Like 2

That... actually is kind of the situation. Almost. Not quite. But close.

And I've come to loath my in-laws, tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, Marvin said:

That... actually is kind of the situation. Almost. Not quite. But close.

And I've come to loath my in-laws, tbh.

Well, best of luck to you then!

/waves as the cruise ship slowly pulls away

//lots of training today, so my mind is gelling up

• Like 3

But enough of all this. More than. Sorry.

On a brighter note. Did get great news yesterday: My mom got a fantastic report from her oncologist yesterday.

• Like 10

I wonder how much my players will hate me if I give them a stacked vertical sublevel that connects the 2nd to the 4th level?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1