Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

None. No glitter here, please.

Good luck!

>snarls in warning, dunks Pezlers head in the glue<

I said: NO GLITTER.

>re-ignites fuse by being the only normal looking wolf in the area<

Join House Tabletop, the only house with an all natural wolf!

*another Pezler in a courier uniform walks in with a large box, chewing gum as he looks at clipboard* Monthly package of hair dye for a Mr. Chaoswolf, sign here please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/10/2018 at 12:45 PM, Tripleh5133 said:

Sitting in the dentists chair yesterday & all I could of was how awesome those tools (drills, light, glasses) would be to use on mini's.

If I only had steadier hands. ::(:

23 hours ago, eldamir said:

I resisted the urge to ask the dentist how much his headgear cost.. and if it would work with glasses .. i feel like i need to figure out and master the eye-hand coordination part of working through a magnifier at some point :)

A good portion of the tools dentists use are actually made by Dremel. And although they cost more than regular rotary tool bits, you can in fact order dental bits online from various companies... Years ago, one of my dentists hooked me up with some old dental picks he had sitting in a drawer.

As for the hand-eye coordination while using an optivisor or other magnification...

Make sure that your hands are touching in some fashion - i.e., braced against one another, or at least with one or more fingers of your working hand in contact with the hand you're holding the piece in.

This way you bring muscle memory and your innate spacial sense into the equation along with your visual input.

It doesn't take very long to train yourself to adjust.

21 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

One guy in the video kinda reminds me of @knarthex..............:ph34r:

Robin Williams, or Bill Irwin?

21 hours ago, Flit said:

I just realized I never got Houseified.

A sorting hat tried to quantify me once. I ate it with a fez and a nice Chianti...

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Does a good work out sounds nice?

Hide contents

Sun_Collared_Raptor.png

That's actually Froggy's second cousin Francis, the loanshark, and his "associate", Rex...

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I think Megan is going to be the one buying minis for a while, though I think I may want a figure for a Warforged gunslinger.

DESIGNATION: HECTOR-RAMSES.

CODENAME: PALADIN.

SPECTIALIZATION: RANGED EXOTIC.

Going to see if I can find a voice modulator, then run an imitation of Richard Boone through it.... ::P:

Have flintlock, will murderhobo?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

I think if I got to pick my house, I would pick Figmentius...because I think I have the figmentia...and it has also extended to my paints...

WARNING, NON-GOBLIN MATH BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have:

Approximately 60 metal minis

Approximately 300 Bones minis 

Approximately 40 GW minis

Kingdom Death: Monster and all of its minis (approx. 42 minis)

Imperial Assault Base Game with all its minis (37, btw)

Approximately 20 WizKids miniatures

Approximately 100 Reaper paints and 60 Army Painter paints...

All acquired since May... And these numbers don't count the Kickstarters that haven't yet been delivered...

I have no sense of moderation.

...Mister Mouse is starting to force me to apply moderation. HELP! I don't want to stop!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I think if I got to pick my house, I would pick Figmentius...because I think I have the figmentia...and it has also extended to my paints...

I have:

All acquired since May... And these numbers don't count the Kickstarters that haven't yet been delivered...

...Mister Mouse is starting to force me to apply moderation. HELP! I don't want to stop!

First of all, your math is off!

We use Goblin Math here.

So you have 20 minis, no more, no less.

If you buy anymore there will still be 20.

The same goes for paints..you have 20!

See?

No problem..

You can tell Mr. Mouse you will never have more than 20 minis..

Second

Jjjjooooiiinnnn uuuusssss

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I wonder how much my players will hate me if I give them a stacked vertical sublevel that connects the 2nd to the 4th level?

For some reason the log waterfall ride scene from Emperor's New Groove comes to mind for a response....  Sharp rocks at the bottom?  Most like. ...  ... Bring it on. ^_^

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

No need to be sorry, if we can in any way help or give advice, we're here.

Good news!

Blue is off???

***Faints***

For a normal wuff, yes.  For you, I said nothing since you have a good amount of glitter already :p

1 hour ago, Flit said:

Silver is nice, but silver and purple would be fabulous.

Ooooh, that's a tempting combination. 

54 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Purple is awesome!

I collect paints and I have more than a dozen different purples...

I have half a dozen in my wish list... Surprising how many purples I have in there to be honest.. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

None, but she has a checklist....

And the Dark Young of Shub Niggurath, both in Bones and the RAFM version were taken out and on the table.

I think Megan is going to be the one buying minis for a while, though I think I may want a figure for a Warforged gunslinger.

DESIGNATION: HECTOR-RAMSES.

CODENAME: PALADIN.

SPECTIALIZATION: RANGED EXOTIC.

Going to see if I can find a voice modulator, then run an imitation of Richard Boone through it.... ::P:

The Auld Grump

The Dark Young were all in a line, with wisps of cotton in front of them.

I think she was visualizing something.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I have:

That's a good start but I don't think you're ready for Figmentius yet. Give it a couple more years at that rate and you'll fit in. ::D: Seriously that's a pretty good haul for less than a year. I honestly don't know how many minis I own and have not tried to count in many, many years. Anything more than goblin math makes my head hurt nowadays. I do have lists of what is in each of my armies but that only covers a bit more than half the total I'm guessing. Some day if I'm really bored I may attempt a count but it's been a long time since I was that bored.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I have half a dozen in my wish list... Surprising how many purples I have in there to be honest.. 

I can recommend Scale 75 Sunset Purple, Reaper Amethyst Purple and Imperial Purple for sure.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Zink said:

That's a good start but I don't think you're ready for Figmentius yet. Give it a couple more years at that rate and you'll fit in. ::D: Seriously that's a pretty good haul for less than a year. I honestly don't know how many minis I own and have not tried to count in many, many years. Anything more than goblin math makes my head hurt nowadays. I do have lists of what is in each of my armies but that only covers a bit more than half the total I'm guessing. Some day if I'm really bored I may attempt a count but it's been a long time since I was that bored.

I count to relieve anxiety. Which I get a lot of. And counting minis helps both anxiety and depression! It's two cures in one!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I count to relieve anxiety. Which I get a lot of. And counting minis helps both anxiety and depression! It's two cures in one!

I'm a bit scared to start because it could take a long time and requires travelling between two houses. Rather spend my time playing with and painting them. Or even talking or writing about them. I like the idea of cataloguing the collection but I should have started a long time ago.

Edited by Zink
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

That's actually RIBBIT's undisclosed facilities manager in charge of reckless endangerment, HVAC, and Company Morale and his personal assistant who recently ate a flintlock he got off a murderhobo.

Redacted for your convenience and approved for release by the R.I.B.B.I.T. Department of Misinformation Department.

Edited by Froggy the Great
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7