Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Flit said:

And now the freezing rain/sleet has started. Maybe snow later. I don't appreciate this display of the phases of water.

And I have another 2 hours of striving in it tonight..  (disclaimer: am at a gas station taking a break now) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

It's been lightly raining and lightly sleeting on and off for almost 2 hours and the temp has been dropping since this afternoon. Mr Flit is out at a meeting. Driveway is starting to get slick parked car has a thin film of ice. He took the car that handles better but needs new tires the other one has new tires but is rear wheel drive. There is probably enough traffic to keep the roads clear for a while yet. Lets rewind to yesterday. It was sunny and almost 60F.

• Sad 6

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'll definitely keep those in mind!  *tries not to add even more paint to second Reaper order, but knows he doesn't really have any purples at the moment unless he's forgetting if one was included in learn to paint kits*

I just looked, and after an initial round of looking at a few things it's already a $219 USD order!  ....Then again, it does have seven paint triads (so 21 paints), four additional paints to collect all three of two other triads, seven more minis for me, equivalencies of the LTPK minis for Rune (so he has his own to work on/try out techniques on), and at least six additional minis for hubby (including Ebonwrath for rainbow dragon challenge that he decided to sign up for while we were at the hospital ^_^;;; ).  I suspect I'll try and coax him up a little higher to say a dozen or so, so he has a few more to work with / on ^_^

Yup, next order will definitely be just a tad larger than I was originally planning, but that's life ^_^

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

It was +3 C here two days ago and -25 C overnight last night. I hear it rained north of here as the freeze started and it's nasty slippery there now. Luckily we only got a skiff of snow. Hate rain in winter way more than cold temps.

36 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Immortality. Unicorns. PURPLE

That enough, @Zink?

Immortality scares me, unicorns get all the girls which is cool, purple I need to consider for a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Dinner conversation after making hotel reservations for Reapercon:

I say; "So we'll be driving to Denton, Texas a week after you get back from Sovereign Grand Lodge**."

Wife says; "Oh Good! You know the ladies I am friends with from Texas? [I nod yes]  some of them live in Denton!"

[Think to self, the stars are in alignment and the world is good]

I say; "You know my handle is Green Eyed Monster.  Didn't know how to refer to you so I put in Mrs. Monster."

She; Giving me the Number 2 Beady Eye.

Me;  Quickly responds with "How would you like to be referred to instead?"

She;  [Looks thoughtful for about 30 seconds] "Tag-Along, as I will be tagging along with you."

Me;  "Tag-Along it is then"

So, henceforth and forthwith, She Who Makes Life Worthwhile shall be known to all and sundry as "Tag-Along".

GEM

**Sovereign Grand Lodge being the annual International Convention for our Fraternal Orders

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Dinner conversation after making hotel reservations for Reapercon:

I say; "So we'll be driving to Denton, Texas a week after you get back from Sovereign Grand Lodge**."

Wife says; "Oh Good! You know the ladies I am friends with from Texas? [I nod yes]  some of them live in Denton!"

[Think to self, the stars are in alignment and the world is good]

I say; "You know my handle is Green Eyed Monster.  Didn't know how to refer to you so I put in Mrs. Monster."

She; Giving me the Number 2 Beady Eye.

Me;  Quickly responds with "How would you like to be referred to instead?"

She;  [Looks thoughtful for about 30 seconds] "Tag-Along, as I will be tagging along with you."

Me;  "Tag-Along it is then"

So, henceforth and forthwith, She Who Makes Life Worthwhile shall be known to all and sundry as "Tag-Along".

GEM

**Sovereign Grand Lodge being the annual International Convention for our Fraternal Orders

I'm always sad when the wife won't use her husband's last name. :poke:

36 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The immortality is not alone. Lonely immortality would suck. You'd have us painters. 

Damned for eternity with people crazier than myself? Tempting, very tempting because you're all the right kind of crazy. Now if I could only play with my minis as well as paint them I might give in. Is there a house that plays games? :poke:

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Zink said:

I'm always sad when the wife won't use her husband's last name. :poke:

Damned for eternity with people crazier than myself? Tempting, very tempting because you're all the right kind of crazy. Now if I could only play with my minis as well as paint them I might give in. Is there a house that plays games? :poke:

That would be Tabletop.

• Like 7

I hate finding the perfect miniature for what I want online, and then finding out that the company that made it went out of business.

Last year.

And had a half price sale to get rid of all their stock.

Smog 1888 had a PERFECT variant Warforged, but gone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Serenity said:

First off, yikes, that guy is crazy.  I'm glad you weren't hurt.  Did you have any warning he was going to drive off?  What would have happened to the boot, etc. if the boot was loose when he drove off?  I know almost nothing about boots.  I don't even know if they use them around here.

The type of boot we use has a metal disc that is supposed to cover the wheel hub, a claw that is supposed to sit on the tire or between the rim and the tire, and an arm that swings in behind the back of the rim and hooks in. Once it's tightened, that disc prevents them from taking the tire off, the arm prevents them from taking the boot off, and the claw is supposed to either shred the tire or separate it from the rim if they try to drive. The boot also projects outward to the front or back, depending on which direction it's put on, and acts as a big lump of metal that is supposed to prevent the car from moving and/or cause some damage if they do move it. Key words there are "supposed to" because with all the different types of rims and tires things don't always fit like they should. 

If it's not tightened the arm doesn't lock into place behind the wheel, and so if they try to drive off it may come off or it may not depending on how it was placed. It could end up being sent flying if the person peels out, which is what they tend to threaten to do, and then you've got a 50lb hunk of steel going whatever direction. In any case it would end up damaging the boot because they would drive over one part or another. 

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

The way I procrastinate, I could sell off all but one of my minis, never buy another, and still live to 150...

Hey, that's my strategy! Give it back!

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Just me, or were actors in old TV shows hired more for their voices than their looks?

MAYBE.....

Nothing wrong with that. 

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

People carry on, everything's so bad now, it's all so bad in the world, the end is coming, blah blah blah, and I'm just like, you know, come on, son, we survived Limp Bizkit twenty years ago already, we'll be fine.

Still tho. There was a time.

Not all of Limp Bizkit was bad. Most of it, sure, but there were one or two songs that weren't terrible. I still like listening to Break Stuff when I'm in a bad mood.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

They do?????????

*Need to find some unicorns to get girls**

You bet. The sad thing is what the girls do to the poor unicorns after they get caught.

http://bestiary.ca/beastimage/img1018.jpg

You gotta watch dem wimmen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2