Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Fired up Folding@Home on my graphics card for the first time in just under a month.  I had forgotten how warm the top of my desk gets when I do this and can't have a window open because it's negative winter outside with a not-so-balmy -27C, that feels like -33C thanks to the wind.

In other news, Canada Post must be afraid of dragons (or forgot to scan the package) because it's been in for "additional processing" for two full days now.  So either he took over things, and decided a pile of mail made the best hoard (not really the comfiest solution) or he found a nice shelf to rest on for a while.  Would be nice to get my paints early next week though, and on the plus side, they say that cold snap that's in most of Canada atm will be dissipating ^_^

• Like 10

Warm today but soggy. Then cold again for the next week. Not nearly as cold as -33c, but cold enough that the bouncing back and forth is getting people sick. 

For example my boss is out sick again today...

Finished painting my eye beast last night.

_20180111_204404.thumb.JPG.8dababbddfb4fc1685f2c0fb16f6bf30.JPG

Coffee...

• Like 12

Thankfully that's why they invented liners for jackets, and thermal underwear ^_^ Mmmmm, coffee, I hear you on that one!  Delicious warm beverage of doom. 

Definitely agree on the bouncing temperatures.  While I don't mind wearing shorts in January, it sure makes it difficult to "get used to the cold" when every week alternates between warm and freezing cold. ^_^;;;

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Howls in the empty halls of the thread***

*** Glances left, glances right***

*** Mwhuahhaaahhaarrroooo!!!!! Nobody here!****

*** WOOF claims victory in conquering the thread!***

Sorry! I actually was able to sleep last night, so couldn't random. Got nearly three hours according to the watch. Didn't want to get up this morning, as I've got the Friday off, but too much sleep bodes ill for the evening.

Plan today is to go watch The Post at half past ten (wife is a Hanks fan girl; we have to watch everything he's in regardless of quality or comprehension). Then date lunch, thinking Old Chicago for pizza and beer. Wife won't want to go, until I let her know I've got a coupon for one free individual pie. Then home, check work email, then maybe paint some. Can't recall what I'm working on as it is early and it was a random Bones figure. Literally. Put my hand in the bucket and pulled something out.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

@Chaoswolf - Thank you. Hope you get it worse but not as bad as that nor’easter last week.

Also, please note that I want you to get snow, not ice/sleet/wintery mix.

Hope it doesn't dump on you too badly.

It's currently 55 degrees and rainy here; great start to the weekend.

• Like 9

Up early (like over an hour). Managed to start organizing new paint rack, finish base coating wings on some gargoyles, & started on 2/11 of my skeletal archers.

Just need to get through work, GM a session tonight, then 3-day weekend with no plans to do anything but hobby.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Warm today but soggy. Then cold again for the next week. Not nearly as cold as -33c, but cold enough that the bouncing back and forth is getting people sick. 

For example my boss is out sick again today...

Finished painting my eye beast last night.

_20180111_204404.thumb.JPG.8dababbddfb4fc1685f2c0fb16f6bf30.JPG

Coffee...

Nice eye beast.

but the flu is also hitting everywhere in the US right now. 

And now, I really should leave and go get groceries when it’s just freezing rain and not freezing rain with inches of snow on top. 

Still have to take husband to the airport. He is off to Romania. Hopefully the weather here and in Detroit doesn’t mess with his flights.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Also, please note that I want you to get snow, not ice/sleet/wintery mix.

Hope it doesn't dump on you too badly.

It's currently 55 degrees and rainy here; great start to the weekend.

It was 69 here yesterday. :lol: 

and wee are due only 0.1-0.25 inches of ice. So not too bad. Probably get 3 or so inches of snow on top of that. 

Interesting issue is, I’m due to take the husband to the airport just as the freezing rain is thinking about switching to snow. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Ok, well then you be careful, too! You still have a lot of skeletons to finish painting.::D:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The flu this year is no joke...

Apparently tonight's dinner is going to be kebabs!

• Like 7

That sounds good! My dinner tonight is most likely going to be leftovers of something. I'm by myself tonight, so I can't be bothered to cook something....

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That sounds good! My dinner tonight is most likely going to be leftovers of something. I'm by myself tonight, so I can't be bothered to cook something....

What, don't feel like running down something like a deer or a rabbit and having it fresh?

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I count to relieve anxiety. Which I get a lot of. And counting minis helps both anxiety and depression! It's two cures in one!

So you're a vampire mouse? (Vampires are obsessed with counting.)

18 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

The first episodes were not the best for either show. ::P:

This can be said about most shows.

18 hours ago, Flit said:

Pigmentia

Yes, I am obsessed with piggies too. In fact, I just got a set of three flying piggies in the "hear no, see no, speak no evil" poses. They're really cute.

Sleeping is really difficult right now ::(: 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, redambrosia said:

So you're a vampire mouse? (Vampires are obsessed with counting.)

Yes and no. I do and don't have the vampirism affliction. 

Muhahahahaha.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4