Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:
23 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That sounds good! My dinner tonight is most likely going to be leftovers of something. I'm by myself tonight, so I can't be bothered to cook something....

What, don't feel like running down something like a deer or a rabbit and having it fresh?

Hmmmm....I hadn't thought of that. That's an interesting idea; stress relief and dinner all at the same time.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Yes and no. I do and don't have the vampirism affliction. 

So you're a quantum vampire?  It's impossible to tell whether you are undead or not until someone opens your coffin?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, alchemist said:

So you're a quantum vampire?  It's impossible to tell whether you are undead or not until someone opens your coffin?

More like a paradoxical one. I am and am not at the same time. Not quantum - my state never settles under observation.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Is anyone else creeped out by the Cinnamon Toast Crunch commecials? They eat each other... so creepy...

I haven't seen that one...should it be called Cannibal Toast Crunch?::P:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marvin said:

Schrödinger's Twilight. To be both Team Edward and Team Jacob at once.

Mouse was both. And neither. When she read the books (She is going to qualify this by saying she was actually in the series' target audience when they came out - preteen girls - and they got her through a particularly hard summer).

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I was a grown-broccoli man when those books came out and I've never even read them, but they're nonetheless the first thing of which I think in pretty much any vampire-related situation, apparently.

:unsure:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

last night I accidentally made my own starship disappear.

Our game of full thrust ended up being a starship race around an asteroid belt. since we were short a ship model, a klingon D7 got subbed in as one of the racers, complete with cloaking device. The cloaking device takes the ship off the table, and required me to write all my maneuvers blind from the turn where I turn on the cloak, to the turn that I switch it off. I was in the lead, until I miss counted my turns and left the table at high speed. 

Somewhere there's a lost ship of klingons trying to conquer a random planet or something.

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Definitely agree on the bouncing temperatures.  While I don't mind wearing shorts in January, it sure makes it difficult to "get used to the cold" when every week alternates between warm and freezing cold. ^_^;;;

It's the prairies so i expect that the weather can change quickly but the last few years seems more like a ping pong ball. Up down continuously. I'd been complaining that we don't seem to get even temps for any amount of time like we used to. Learned my lesson about complaining this summer. We got the even temps I wanted. Just I didn't want about 35 C for over 3 months. Right now's -26 and they're expecting thawing again in a few days.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Blah. We went from mid-60s here yesterday to 30 here now. And it's still dropping!

Don't think it's iced as much as they were talking, but I'unno. Ain't going out.

For some reason, Apple Jacks caught my eye at the grocery yesterday. Having had them for breakfast now, I'm good on Apple Jacks for the next 5-10 years.

• Like 6