Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

We had Wagyu Hamburgers for dinner with salt and pepper fries.

Now I'm actually making an inventory of my minis.

Some of them might be sold..

Some....a few...maybe none...or just a few...:ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

last night I accidentally made my own starship disappear.

Our game of full thrust ended up being a starship race around an asteroid belt. since we were short a ship model, a klingon D7 got subbed in as one of the racers, complete with cloaking device. The cloaking device takes the ship off the table, and required me to write all my maneuvers blind from the turn where I turn on the cloak, to the turn that I switch it off. I was in the lead, until I miss counted my turns and left the table at high speed. 

Somewhere there's a lost ship of klingons trying to conquer a random planet or something.

Seems about right, given what we know about Klingons.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Zink said:

It's the prairies so i expect that the weather can change quickly but the last few years seems more like a ping pong ball. Up down continuously. I'd been complaining that we don't seem to get even temps for any amount of time like we used to. Learned my lesson about complaining this summer. We got the even temps I wanted. Just I didn't want about 35 C for over 3 months. Right now's -26 and they're expecting thawing again in a few days.

Yeah, the ping pong back and forth weather has been odd to say the least. 

... On another note, apparently I have a stealth dragon incoming because it's now headed to the post office for pickup, but apparently never cleared customs.  Worse though is I doubt I'll be able to pick it up today due to busy work day followed by hasty changing to go out for end of year work party at a dinner theatre...  But whooo, stealth dragon. 

• Like 6

Hmmm, I have a Conan RPG one shot to play this evening.

I suppose that I should learn the rudiments of the game system before the start of the game (something called the 2d20 system).

I found a download but it is taking forever on my phone.  It is the Quick Start rules and an introductory adventure.  I'm wondering if it is the same adventure that I'm playing tonight.  Must resist spoilers!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, the ping pong back and forth weather has been odd to say the least. 

... On another note, apparently I have a stealth dragon incoming because it's now headed to the post office for pickup, but apparently never cleared customs.  Worse though is I doubt I'll be able to pick it up today due to busy work day followed by hasty changing to go out for end of year work party at a dinner theatre...  But whooo, stealth dragon. 

I'm having visions of a dragon mini in a stealth suit slowly and carefully making it's way past checkpoints and dodging customs officials. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There are several webstores in Europe who do.

I have  sets as well as single bottles..

Figmentius takes care of all your needs.

There are skullz for the Barbarian, Bacon for the wolves, A scratching post for the sabretooth, we have rocks for the geologists...

So...jjjjooooiiinnn uuuussssss

Just sign at the dot, here, here and there, no no, you don't need to read the fineprint, I assure you it will be ok..

I can top that!

A few decades ago I sold a nice rare mini for a decent price.

Now I need that mini for my project and it is nowhere to be found anymore...

***Kicks himself repeatedly***

Which one is it? *cracks knuckles, gets ready to search*

40 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't seen that one...should it be called Cannibal Toast Crunch?::P:

Cannibalism among food mascots is a common occurrence.

Spoiler

Famous_Dave_logo.jpg

297074102_452b119d99.jpg

518d5c0bb74f3871bd60af94b6f4708a--japane

2012-05-22_16-51-21_66.jpg

51u3Axy+B5L.jpg

32 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

@Froggy the Great 

FROGS. 

20180109_113151.jpg

It appears that one of them is an amphibimech. An old Mark III unit, unless I miss my guess.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

So...I started that spreadsheet...It's already getting kind of scary...and I've barely entered any of my minis...

I'm now trying to decide whether or not to share...I kind of want to share my formulas for statistics with anyone who is interested.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oooh what sort of statistics? 

My spreadsheet is just a wish-list and a terrible attempt at "acquired" and "completed" sections. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Which one is it? *cracks knuckles, gets ready to search!

Well...if anyone can find it...I was so smart to sell it a few decades ago...now it is OOP , Rare an Archeological Mystery...A Legend nay a Myth!!!

Linked for nudity!!!!

https://i0.wp.com/www.letempledujeu.fr/images/27178.jpg

http://img7.leboncoin.fr/ad-image/58cccf80f892f10391996b218fa305bad84e4ab1.jpg

Resin Miniature.

Manufacturer - Ilyad Games

Range - Retour Des Dieux

Character - Lilith Spider Queen

Succes!

REWARD

If someone points me to one and it results in a buy ...I will send that person Stroopwafels!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Oooh what sort of statistics? 

My spreadsheet is just a wish-list and a terrible attempt at "acquired" and "completed" sections. 

Total of each brand acquired, total painted (by year) and percentage left unpainted.

Those are the statistics I've completed thus far. I'm not going to include my wishlist in this particular spreadsheet...that gets out of hand much too quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I'm having visions of a dragon mini in a stealth suit slowly and carefully making it's way past checkpoints and dodging customs officials. 

Perhaps it's on the Klingon ship and there'll be more than just a dragon at the post office!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7