Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Oooh what sort of statistics? 

My spreadsheet is just a wish-list and a terrible attempt at "acquired" and "completed" sections. 

Total of each brand acquired, total painted (by year) and percentage left unpainted.

Those are the statistics I've completed thus far. I'm not going to include my wishlist in this particular spreadsheet...that gets out of hand much too quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I'm having visions of a dragon mini in a stealth suit slowly and carefully making it's way past checkpoints and dodging customs officials. 

Perhaps it's on the Klingon ship and there'll be more than just a dragon at the post office!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Hmm a sobering thought. What if the klingons and the stealth dragon are gathering an army from the cmon and hasslefree orders? 

then we get a dragon with a batleth. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hollowing out the large Bones crate, even with a Dremel tool, still takes a lot longer than you'd think...

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Perhaps it's on the Klingon ship and there'll be more than just a dragon at the post office!

One never knows with Klingon tech.  There will be paints, werewolves, gnolls, and a minotaur too..... :p

48 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I'm having visions of a dragon mini in a stealth suit slowly and carefully making it's way past checkpoints and dodging customs officials. 

I like the sound of this... 

3 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Even more epic imo! 

• Like 9

Now that I think on this more, I am frightened by the ramifications. What if that brave little dragon managed to escape some force that is only now beginning to show itself? 

Some vile entity hellbent on preventing the painting of the minis, something that seeks to rob us of our immortality.......what could have cause to do this?

(raids bookshelf and selects a dusty tome)

Ah, here in the White Wolf documentary, Wraith the Oblivion 2nd ed! 

It seems our potential immortality has irritated the Deathlords, who seek to claim us! Perhaps they are threatened by our vast armies of relic minis who will accompany us to the Underworld, (should we ever paint them all),thus threatening their grip on power. 

Or so it seems at first....by our painting we defy Oblivion itself and so the true cause can now be seen. What at first seemed only human incompetence is actually the foul machinations of a Malfean! 

So now we paint not merely for our own enjoyment, but for the survival of reality itself! 

(sometimes these things just write themselves)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

@Crowley closest I got to a hamster: the capybara. 

20180109_113933.jpg

The king of rodents! I want one as a pet. I'm sure Lucy and Alice would just be thrilled!!

I've accepted a short sale offer on the house... We'll see if the bank likes it.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Is anyone else creeped out by the Cinnamon Toast Crunch commecials? They eat each other... so creepy...

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't seen that one...should it be called Cannibal Toast Crunch?::P:

It's not one... it's all of the CTC commercials for the past... 5 or so years. Sometimes they gang up on each other.

The poptart commercials were doing it for a while, too.

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hmmm, I have a Conan RPG one shot to play this evening.

I suppose that I should learn the rudiments of the game system before the start of the game (something called the 2d20 system).

I found a download but it is taking forever on my phone.  It is the Quick Start rules and an introductory adventure.  I'm wondering if it is the same adventure that I'm playing tonight.  Must resist spoilers!

Sounds like the old original Gamma World and Top Secret games.

45 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I now need this. *ponders a conversion*

Going to need a metal dragon, first.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, well then you be careful, too! You still have a lot of skeletons to finish painting.::D:

Oh yes... just after I finish Sky Rim. Now that the husband is out of the way... that should proceed splendidly. Muahahahaha!

(And the drive was fine. It had iced a bit, and then switched over to rain, so not slick at all.)

• Like 10

Hey, anyone have suggestions as to how I should label minis from Imperial Assault and Kingdom Death: Monster in my spreadsheet? For regular minis, I have the following:

Brand - Line - SKU - Name - # Owned - #Unpainted - # painted by others - # painted in 2017 - # painted in 2018

So, for example, 

Reaper - Bones - 91014 - Deadlands Noir: Grifter - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

But I'm worried about SKU for the board game minis...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Hey, anyone have suggestions as to how I should label minis from Imperial Assault and Kingdom Death: Monster in my spreadsheet? For regular minis, I have the following:

Brand - Line - SKU - Name - # Owned - #Unpainted - # painted by others - # painted in 2017 - # painted in 2018

So, for example, 

Reaper - Bones - 91014 - Deadlands Noir: Grifter - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

But I'm worried about SKU for the board game minis...

I don't have any board game minis in my spreadsheet, so not sure. Do the individual minis have SKUs or just one SKU for the whole board game. My setup is similar to yours. Mine goes: Manufacturer- Line- SKU-Name of Mini- etc.

So I would have something like Reaper-DHL- 3803- Larill Silverhand, Blacksmith-etc.

One way for you to do it could be Manufacturer- Line- SKU of Board Game- Name or description of minis. When I enter something like a Familiar Pack from Reaper I Enter Reaper-Line-SKU from the blister pack on one row of the spreadsheet then use the rows below to enter the name or description of each familiar on its own row. So if the pack had 4 familiars in it I would have a row for the blister pack then for rows for each familiar for a total of 5 rows. Its kind of redundant and sometimes I don"t do the whole each-familiar gets its own row thing.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Flit said:

I don't have any board game minis in my spreadsheet, so not sure. Do the individual minis have SKUs or just one SKU for the whole board game. My setup is similar to yours. Mine goes: Manufacturer- Line- SKU-Name of Mini- etc.

So I would have something like Reaper-DHL- 3803- Larill Silverhand, Blacksmith-etc.

One way for you to do it could be Manufacturer- Line- SKU of Board Game- Name or description of minis. When I enter something like a Familiar Pack from Reaper I Enter Reaper-Line-SKU from the blister pack on one row of the spreadsheet then use the rows below to enter the name or description of each familiar on its own row. So if the pack had 4 familiars in it I would have a row for the blister pack then for rows for each familiar for a total of 5 rows. Its kind of redundant and sometimes I don"t do the whole each-familiar gets its own row thing.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

I'm probably going to use that suggestion, but I'm not going to separate out the rows. My familars are represented by the #owned column. For example, for Companion Animals, even though I only have 1 of that pack, it has 5 owned. 

• Like 3

Hmmm, Megan wants to go back to taking self defense courses - which I heartily approve of.

But she wants me to stay out of it - seems that seeing my knee swell up like a balloon and turn purple was not her idea of fun.... (Not nearly as bad as it looked and sounded, the horrible *CRUNCH* was accompanied by a feeling of relief as my knee regained a good deal of mobility - the crunch was crepitus, but the swelling was caused by an old adhesion tearing free.)

The Auld Grump - so, no more crash test dummy for me, I guess.

• Like 8