Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Uhm... Megan was a little upset with me.

Just a teeny tiny bit.

The Auld Grump she has a pointy finger when she is jabbing me with it.

*EDIT* She was right, I was wrong. I thought I was being funny, but I wasn't.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I think I've figured out how to get to the macro setting on my phone camera! I've only had the phone 6 months of looking around the Google machines. <_< I've also found (what I hope is) a decent looking clip on macro lens to make it even easier. It's only $16 so even if I do get it and it doesn't work I'm not out much.

• Like 7

I'm sometimes able to point the camera on my phone the right direction.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Just a teeny tiny bit.

I just don't think he gets why I am upset.

And if I ask him he will TELL me that he doesn't understand, and that he is sorry.

And he will MEAN it!

Sometimes it is like trying to have an argument with Data. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I just don't think he gets why I am upset.

And if I ask him he will TELL me that he doesn't understand, and that he is sorry.

And he will MEAN it!

Sometimes it is like trying to have an argument with Data. :rolleyes:

The Stabby Witch Finger is a powerful tool. It's like the Loki Pokey Stick from Avengers. Why do you think they always have witches in movies and TV shows poking people with their fingers all the time? Poke, and suddenly the person dies, becomes a friend, goes to sleep, etc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Unruly said:

The Stabby Witch Finger is a powerful tool. It's like the Loki Pokey Stick from Avengers. Why do you think they always have witches in movies and TV shows poking people with their fingers all the time? Poke, and suddenly the person dies, becomes a friend, goes to sleep, etc.

so... you're saying your're immune if you have a metal heart?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Unruly said:

He is helpless against it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Flit said:

Yes, your coworker is an idiot. Since he "knows chemistry" ask him if he knows why water is wet.

Then have him explain the 6 Changes of State of Water:

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints2/524/

Gem

IMHO your Co-worker is manifesting Dunnig-Kruger Effect

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Just a teeny tiny bit.

Oh No!  It's the Dreaded Pointy Finger of Emphasis.

GEM

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I think I've figured out how to get to the macro setting on my phone camera! I've only had the phone 6 months of looking around the Google machines. <_< I've also found (what I hope is) a decent looking clip on macro lens to make it even easier. It's only $16 so even if I do get it and it doesn't work I'm not out much.

I recently saw a clip on lens set at the Big Lots Place that was under $10.

Carded, with a small drawstring carry pouch [too small for dice use].

GEM

• Like 5

This evening the world is functioning as it should.

Tag-Along [wife] and I had lasagna Dinner at our favorite local Italian Restaurant.

I avoided Death By Black Forest Cake only by taking a large half or the desert home for later consumption, which will happen right after I finish what is left of my Lasagna [this place serves very generous portions].

Stopped in at FLGS on way home, my special order odd sized sleeves for some old Judges Guild material came in, along with the Catan 5-6 player expansion for Grandkidlets and family.

Sitting here now comfortably digesting and my constant headache is at it's lowest level so far this year.

GEM

• Like 8

Bits of ice are now falling from the sky along with the rain. It hasn't yet begun to freeze on the ground yet, so I guess my coworker was a little bit right about that. But it's supposed to switch from ice and rain to snow in the next hour, and continue snowing for another 2-3 hours, which means it will be freezing soon. He has conceded that when our other coworker shows up we will salt the sidewalks by our lots, which are more important to salt for liability reasons. Slip and fall on the sidewalk is far more actionable than slip and fall(or fender bender) in the parking lot.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Bits of ice are now falling from the sky along with the rain. It hasn't yet begun to freeze on the ground yet, so I guess my coworker was a little bit right about that. But it's supposed to switch from ice and rain to snow in the next hour, and continue snowing for another 2-3 hours, which means it will be freezing soon. He has conceded that when our other coworker shows up we will salt the sidewalks by our lots, which are more important to salt for liability reasons. Slip and fall on the sidewalk is far more actionable than slip and fall(or fender bender) in the parking lot.

Isn't Ice Falling From the Sky called Sleet?  Or when the weather conditions are just right Hail?

We don't get a whole lot of weather like that in our local area so I'm not up on the most accurate nomenclature.

GEM

• Like 5

Sleet is pretty much frozen rain; hail is chunks of water-rock hurled forth from the steep, cloudy cliffs of the angry gods.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

It was basically sleet, yes, but it wasn't all frozen so it was also the definition of "wintry mix" as well.

My other coworker showed up, and when he walked through the door he told me "you should go home now. It's getting bad near my house, I can only imagine it's just as bad or worse on your way home." He only lives about 5 miles from work, at roughly the same elevation. I live 20 miles from work, at a higher elevation.

I took his advice. It was worth it. The interstate was starting to get slick, and then my street is getting pretty icy. I went ahead and salted my sidewalk and the walkway to my front door as soon as I got in, so it should lessen the need for a heavy coating of salt tomorrow. With any luck, the walkway will remain completely clear since it's level and the salt I used has a healthy mix of magnesium chloride to really lower it's freezing temperature, preventing melted stuff from refreshing and just creating a puddle of salt water instead. The sidewalks aren't level, though, so they'll definitely need more. But I've got a 20lb bag on standby, and that should be more than enough.

I did learn from my other coworker that, while I was right that we should have pre-salted, we wouldn't have been able to. Our salt spreader doesn't have a cover on the salt bin, and since it was raining it would have caused major issues with the salt later. It would get wet and go rock hard if it sat, meaning that it wouldn't fall to fill in the stuff that gets augered out. When it's snowing it's far less of a problem, because there's usually less actual water getting in the bin, and when it's snowing heavy we empty the bin fast enough that it doesn't matter. I guess they used to cover the bin with a heavy tarp that was held in place with a bunch of bungee cords, but they stopped doing that for some reason or another that we don't know why.

• Like 8

Won't have an update to the double rainbow dragon's of doom thread due to coworkers liquor in me up pretty good.   Concentrating is difficult at the moment, to say the least.  Dinner theater was awesome though! 

In other news, all that liquor is also making the pain in my left knee after smashing it up pretty bad thanks to tripping at work a lot less noticeable - I was almost able to properly walk without much of a noticeable limp to our cab after the show! ^_^;;;;;;

• Like 6
  • Sad 3