Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Hmm I just realized that with matt in Romania.... *I’m* responsible for removing the inch and a half of snow from the driveway. 

*checks weather forecast to see if it will melt before he comes home.)

———

It’ll be 40’s by Friday.... I can drive over 1.5 inches no problem.

So do I really have to clear the driveway? (We have no sidewalks in our subdivision.)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

My youngest cat is one of them there sex poivoits, I tells ya. It's horrifyin'! I don't wanna live near one of them disgustin' people!

Every other week she's trying to seduce my neutered cat. I really need to find the time to get her to the vet and get her spayed, because her antics while in heat have gotten annoying. I guess she sees me as a male cat as well, because she'll come running up to me and throw herself into position in front of me as often as she does it to my other cat. I keep accidentally kicking her right in her butt because she does it while she's right in front of my foot and I'm not paying attention. One thing I'm walking, next thing I hear "mrow" and then PUNT! She gets a foot right in the lady bits.

My roommate said that earlier he thought my neutered cat was finally gonna get involved. He said they came running down into his room, Rose assumed the position, Ed assumed the position, and then he said Ed just looked confused for a second and scampered off. Which led to us making jokes about Ed's neutered status, as we immature little boys are wont to do.

Edited by Unruly
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

So do I really have to clear the driveway? (We have no sidewalks in our subdivision.)

It's not a bad idea. Driving over snow repeatedly will pack it into ice, which will make your driveway suck. If it's only 1.5 inches, it's not that much work. You can just place the shovel in the snow and start walking. It'll be like having a mini-plow.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Isn't Ice Falling From the Sky called Sleet?  Or when the weather conditions are just right Hail?

We don't get a whole lot of weather like that in our local area so I'm not up on the most accurate nomenclature.

GEM

It usually goes really cold rain that may or may not freeze on the ground; freezing rain, basically tiny raindrops of ice which either melt on the ground, melt and refreeze as a sheet of ice, or pile up in little pellets; sleet, half melted big clumps of former fluffy snow and water; then snow; Hail is bigger hunks of ice falling. Wintery mix is when Mother Nature can't decide how to send down the water and sends a mix of two or more options.

24 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Hmm I just realized that with matt in Romania.... *I’m* responsible for removing the inch and a half of snow from the driveway. 

———

Does your mail carrier need to use your driveway to get to the mailbox? If so then you need to shovel, if not nope;  but I second Unruly, half melted and refrozen skating rink driveways are no fun.

• Like 6

All the driving I had to do yesterday messed up my back and now I can't sleep. 

My dad is now in skilled, long term care, and has been taken off the antipsychotic that makes folks with LBD worse. And he's doing better. He's been sleeping a lot and eating a lot, which is good, he had stopped doing both for the last week or so. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

If I can't sleep, neither can you.

Thx for posting a Dutch Band!

Let me return the favor and post a Canadian Band

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got the reply from badger airbrush, asking me which one I want. And I have no idea. :blink: What is a good beginner airbrush for painting larger minis and terrain? I'd like to use it for things as small as chibis, but as big as Tianot.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so... you're saying your're immune if you have a metal heart?

8 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

———

Yes, you do.  It's good for you; it builds character.::D:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Old cat keeps peeing on the floor :sigh: 

We've got at 19 yo cat who started doing that. Tried a lot, but what finally worked was kenneling her at night. We got a large two story (compared to a regular dog kennel) cat kennel with three shelves, one of which gets a detachable bed, from either PETsMART or Amazon. She loves it, and demands to go in even during the day. She's got food, water, and her litter box.

• Like 7