Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Forum acting laggy and weird, especially when posting, for anybody else?

You can expect a lot of random slowing down all across the internet due to the patches put in place for the current round of hardware level nastiness.

Estimates are that things can be slowed down anywhere from 5% to30%, depending on how intensive the calls to the kernel are.

Given the number of nodes that things pass through between Reaper's Servers and your computer, it can make for a noticeable amount of lag.

Also, being Sunday, IT at Reaper may be running maintenance or upgrades.

GEM

• Like 4

My pulled pork is all but done. It's been in the slow cooker for about 6-7 hours now, and I just went to go pull the big fat strips off of the two pork butts that I used. As soon as the fork touched them, both butts fell apart. The fat strips were about the consistency of half-set jello, which made them easy to separate from the meat but hard to get out in one piece. But I managed it, and so now I won't have to worry about biting into as many big clumps of fat when I shred and eat the pork. Still got all that fat flavor in the cooking though. Next is to let the meat cook just a little longer, since it broke apart and I rotated it around some, before draining out a bunch of the broth that it created. One cup of condensed chicken broth has turned into a whole lot more liquid than is necessary. It will just soak its way through any bread at this point.

• Like 8

Dangit. I lost my page. *waves hi to all*

I'm not a fan of writing employee evaluations. I want to copy and paste for a majority of them. I rather they self-evaluate, meet with me, fix their evaluation if any of them are surprising, meet with me again, and then submit to management when both sides are satisfied.

• Like 11

Hubby and I were productive today. The media shelf I ordered showed up a week early, so we put it together. It's one of the weirdest shelves I've ever put together, but we did and now our movies have a home. We have a big box of movies to get rid of, and the rest that are dvds we're going to try to replace with blu-rays. Our fancy high definition tv has spoiled us :lol:

• Like 8

Really? Four hours with no randomness?!

That’s just djeddirestic! Incsektlyicalular!

Get to work, people! I need something distracting in two hours for my lunch!

• Like 9

On 1/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, Aryanun said:

Never.

Ever.

Split. Up. The. Party.

To be fair - I actually think it was the right decision this time.

Seven PCs, one group had a Rogue, a Ranger, a Barbarian, and Megan's Trickster - all with stealth.

The second group had a Paladin. a Cleric in breastplate, and an Wizard Evoker.

One group was sneaky, the other wasn't - and the Ranger is high enough level that they sneaky group had some healing.

The other group was acting as a distraction - and doing a great job of it.

The party was going to get hammered either way, this allowed them to get what they needed, get out, and take less damage.

But there were some points with the Stealthy Sneaks where things could have gone very wrong.

The Auld Grump - Megan had a wand of Silence, I think it now has maybe two charges left. They found that wand, but I will be surprised if they don't replace it. It kept them alive.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Unless you're a Gygaxian DM, in which case it's your primary task. 

Lure them with shinies, then pick them off one by one.  If your players aren't scared of treasure, you're doing it wrong. 

"Can't loot, chest will eat me.  Can't loot, chest will eat me.  Can't loot, chest will eat me."

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Really? Four hours with no randomness?!

That’s just djeddirestic! Incsektlyicalular!

Get to work, people! I need something distracting in two hours for my lunch!

I got the holiday off;  I was sleeping in.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I got the holiday off;  I was sleeping in.

Enjoy it... being staff, everyone else at the University is off but us... so, it's kinda quiet...

• Like 6

When I got home a package was waiting for me at my door! My blue pocket dress finally arrived! It fits perfectly, is a pretty colours of blue, and is a soft knit material. For those interested, I bought an XL, am a size 16, and it fits just right. I'm 5'6" and it goes down to the floor without dragging (though it should drag prettily on the stairs ^_^ ). The pocket is generously sized. The cowl neck is big enough to cover my face, if I'm being silly.

IMG_1509.thumb.JPG.13afb01f7d18d38fc77d2ee9b80bb2d7.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

To be fair - I actually think it was the right decision this time.

Seven PCs, one group had a Rogue, a Ranger, a Barbarian, and Megan's Trickster - all with stealth.

The second group had a Paladin. a Cleric in breastplate, and an Wizard Evoker.

One group was sneaky, the other wasn't - and the Ranger is high enough level that they sneaky group had some healing.

The other group was acting as a distraction - and doing a great job of it.

The party was going to get hammered either way, this allowed them to get what they needed, get out, and take less damage.

But there were some points with the Stealthy Sneaks where things could have gone very wrong.

The Auld Grump - Megan had a wand of Silence, I think it now has maybe two charges left. They found that wand, but I will be surprised if they don't replace it. It kept them alive.

Silence is awesome to use, but you have to be careful since it deafens you as well. You'll be incredibly pleased with sneaking around once you're able to use zone of silence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

*pokes his head in the door and waves*. I got lost in some games and reading and forgot to do that whole try to be sociable thing.  Hope everyone has been doing well.

• Like 9

I think a virus may have caught me. Woke up at 4am with a sore throat. Recola throat drop helped tho. Went back to sleep and my throat wasn't quite as scratchy, don't feel like eating but I did anyway. Maybe its a pretty wimpy virus. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7