Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why do you want us to distract you from lunch?

No! I need entertainment provided! Dance for me! Dance I say!

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I got the holiday off;  I was sleeping in.

Aw... no fair and jealous. I’m in the Long Suck. Next holiday off is Memorial Day.

Off Fridays don’t count.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I got the holiday off;  I was sleeping in.

Aw... no fair and jealous. I’m in the Long Suck. Next holiday off is Memorial Day.

Off Fridays don’t count.

Ditto. Holiday.

• Like 6

so, I just learned the lead singer for Irish Rock Band 'The Cranberries" passed away, she was only 46 :( 

• Sad 12

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why do you want us to distract you from lunch?

Clearly it's so wolves and "similar enough" breeds can steal the bacon filled lunch! 

My universities are all open, but we don't have a civic today up here in Canada, so that's probably why.  If it were a civic holiday though, I'd be working on finishing that skeleton I started last night ^_^

• Haha 4

On 1/14/2018 at 8:12 AM, Glitterwolf said:

My sympathies!

A respectable age, but still sad!

1605da51b93088dd947cf63f183d0622--fantas

Time to get another Billy!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Silence is awesome to use, but you have to be careful since it deafens you as well. You'll be incredibly pleased with sneaking around once you're able to use zone of silence.

I used it to SILENCE the giants, because even one of them yelling would have meant fighting three or four more.

Though it was funny when the giant PICKED UP the dwarf ranger and THREW him at me, all completely silent.

I made a little placard saying Oh, No!

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

Five or six more giants at one point, so I am not going to say the wand was misused....

Heck, you had it for, what, three levels, and hadn't even used it until Saturday?

The giant only picked up the dwarf because he couldn't reach you - you would have been much easier to throw! (She was playing a halfling Trickster. Everybody did a good job of things, in both groups.)

The Auld Grump - a stone giant fortress in Rise of the Runelords.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Played some Exalted 3rd yesterday. Split party member almost got murdered by fishmen until he parlayed with them and they let him go. The rest of the party got ominous mental readings by the leader of a pirate cove and it looks like we're off to break into a vault. Doesn't help that a defining part of my character is "do anything to solve mysteries." I had to be a detective. 

• Like 8

Two packages coming tomorrow. One is my poster and the other one may be my Hobby Holder that we backed. We know they are shipping but never got an email about it coming to us but that's the only thing we could be expecting (as far as we know). Not knowing where things ships from makes it hard to determine what it is.

• Like 6

Well this is embarrassing. After recently updating my resume, I found a typo. Don't know if it was auto-corrupt or not, but it had to be corrected.

It was supposed to be experience in root-cause failure analysis. Instead, it showed experience in toot-cause failure analysis.

Two possible employers will wonder if I found the beans responsible for the failure. Turns out it was cabbage.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Well this is embarrassing. After recently updating my resume, I found a typo. Don't know if it was auto-corrupt or not, but it had to be corrected.

It was supposed to be experience in root-cause failure analysis. Instead, it showed experience in toot-cause failure analysis.

Two possible employers will wonder if I found the beans responsible for the failure. Turns out it was cabbage.

This wins the Internet for today, thank you everyone for playing...

what, why are you all still sticking around?  *turns out lights*. You don't have to go home people, but you can't stay here. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Time to get another Billy!

this sounds like a kingdom death reference...

• Like 5