Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

11 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

this sounds like a kingdom death reference...

It's from the Mr. Wizard parody from the TV show Dinosaurs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Time to get another Billy!

Well he did voluntarily fail his saving throw.

• Like 4

What's more annoying than being too tired to paint?  Waiting on your laundry to finish so you CAN paint >.<

• Like 9

I can say I have had a lot of things delay my painting... but waiting on laundry has never been one of them. What am I doing wrong?!?

Unless you are stuck at a laundromat?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

It's from the Mr. Wizard parody from the TV show Dinosaurs. 

"We're gonna need another Timmy"

Just after the 15 minute mark:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

I can say I have had a lot of things delay my painting... but waiting on laundry has never been one of them. What am I doing wrong?!?

Unless you are stuck at a laundromat?

I live in an apartment, so I watch the machines like a hawk seeking prey, or a fox searching for cookies (if glitter coated, feel free to substitute high quality licorice).  That and the tenants I nether suite right next to the laundry room apparently have a baby, so I wanted to be in and out of there before the posted cutoff hours (that half the tenants ignore). 

Usually I am doing laundry at the laundromat, since it's cheaper, cleans my clothes better and even with a fifteen minute walk there and back is usually faster overall (doubly so if you have like four or five loads to do at once, like on "all the blankets get cleaned day").  So can't wait to have a house, because then if I'm doing laundry at 2am nobody cares. ^_^

Now I'm just waiting for my tea to steep, got everything else set up... We'll, except music, but I'm always indecisive about that so I'll flip through a few albums then be good (or just say screw it and put up Traxxstorm Records Podcast, probably #90 because I looooove mixes by The Melodyst.) 

Edit: my bad, it's "Hardcore Italia" put out by Traxxstorm Records for the podcast.  #119 it is for tonight.  Bit harsh for skeletons, but eh, I've wanted to relisted to this one for a while. 

Edit the second: don't listen to those podcasts at work or around little kids, there's usually a decent amount of swearing in them, especially #119, and especially track 4 of said podcast.  Also, many dun like italian/german/Dutch hardcore :p

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

Didn't know Sony sent out PlayStation stats.

PCKTLNT, your path began on October 1, 2017, when you played inFamous Second Son and earned your first trophy "Sacrifice".

Over the months you played 246 hours:

#1 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, 113 hours. (That's almost half of my game play hours. O__O)

#2 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, 54 hours (Stupid Crushing mode. Was stuck on several sections of the game for 3-4 days. Great ending to a series)

#3 inFamous Second Son, 34 hours

Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned 274 trophies. That puts you in the top 10% (wait what? How?)

My average game play hours was 2 hours and 40 minutes per day... O__o.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I may have just broken the regulator on my compressor, and trying to remove the regulator is proving impossible. Either the threads have seized in an absolutely insane fashion, or there's some kind of glue keeping things locked in place. I just rounded off the adapter that connects the regulator to the tank while trying to break it loose. And we're not talking "oh, the wrench slipped and I rounded the far edges." We're talking "the thing failed under pressure because the metal is cheap and soft, so now half of it is rounded smooth." I may be having to take a hacksaw to it to get it off, and then taking a Dremel or something to the part that's stuck inside where it attaches to the tank.

All this because the tank was losing pressure even when I wasn't spraying, so I was checking all the connections and redoing their thread tape. And my pinky hurts like hell now because I mashed and scraped it up good when the corners rounded off.

Edited by Unruly
  • Sad 10

Have y'all seen the sad-music-unpainted-miniatures-PSA video thing? I feel like it must be old news here surely. But I wanted to make sure 

• Like 2

Today Brutus has his Birthday, he is turning 5.

I have mixed feelings about it, being a Boxer Dog, this means he is about at half his lifespan.

Time goes too quickly..

Aside from this happy occasion today feels like a Monday to me.

Last weekend we had a few obligations, so I couldn't hobby, did watch Black Sails though..

Yesterday more obligations, again no me-time.

This can happen, but it makes me a bit grumpy.

I need some distractions.

A fellow Warrant Officer had a stroke just after the holidays.

He is recovering, still a bit of trouble with the left side of his mouth and his left hand.

It should pass.

I work out with this guy, he works at the same office.

We're about the same age.

This scares me.

I know life is short, both my parents passed away quite young ( 60 and 70).

I try to live reasonably healthy, don't smoke, drink moderately, work out, I do like to eat though..

Sometimes I wonder how many healthy years will be left.

Not trying to sound all doom and gloom.

We need to enjoy the short time we have right?

Maybe I can paint tonight.

If not, I might bake something, painting or cooking makes me happy.

I need to find a way to improve my mood again.

Seeing some other forumites posts, I'm not the only one.

Several reasons can put us down.

Let's fight that feeling!

This weekend my girl and me have an appointment with the Travel Agency.

We will see which destination to choose for our summer vacation.

image.png.f3af7fc0786b294667b04ebaac32ff75.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 13

Compressor is reassembled and the regulator seems to be working. I also seem to have lessened my issue with pressure loss, because now it only kicks on after about 15-20 minutes of inactivity once the tank is full.

That said, I think that when this one burns out I'm not going to buy another hobby compressor. I can get a decent 6 gallon or a nice 3 gallon hardware store compressor for the same price. It'll have the added benefit of running air tools and being generally useful in exchange for being bigger and louder. But since it won't have to run near as often I think noise isn't going to be a problem.

• Like 8

I am awake. I do not wish to be so. I only slept for about 4 hours, long enough for my headache to go away but not long enough to want to be up. I may have a snack and then try to go back to bed, not sure yet.

• Sad 6

3 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

PCKTLNT, your path began on October 1, 2017, when you played inFamous Second Son and earned your first trophy "Sacrifice".

#1 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, 113 hours. (That's almost half of my game play hours. O__O)

#2 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, 54 hours (Stupid Crushing mode. Was stuck on several sections of the game for 3-4 days. Great ending to a series)

Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned 274 trophies. That puts you in the top 10% (wait what? How?)

I joined a website for xbox that does that. I get a monthly update, though I haven't played in a while, with stats and achievements and the like. 

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Have y'all seen the sad-music-unpainted-miniatures-PSA video thing? I feel like it must be old news here surely. But I wanted to make sure 

I have not.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Just think how many minis you could have gotten done in that time!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1