Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You made a typo.

Twarthing....I'm pretty sure you meant thwarting.

9 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

It is the spelling that is being gently mocked - thwarting, not twarthing.

The Auld Grump

Thx guys!

Typo...I was afraid I misunderstood the word ...

7 hours ago, Beagle said:

0B83AFA9-A484-4B5B-9CC9-784BADD5F0E0.jpeg

EXCEPT NEW YORK!!!

We Dutch want that back...you have 3 days to evacuate and leave the premises, make sure it is brought back to it's original state when handed over!

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

... I think I have that miniature. Painted, even...

No you don't ... In other words...show us!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

So retrieve the tea out of the waters? I'm pretty sure you don't want the tea back. (edit - Yes, I know Boston isn't in New York. :P)

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yep, it's raining.

There's a Subway down the road from us that has a sign: "free cookies when it rains". I can't help but think they give away a lot of cookies; it's the PNW, it rains all the dang time in the winter :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

it's the PNW, it rains all the dang time in the winter :rolleyes:

And in the fall.

And in the spring.

Sometimes there's a few weeks in the summer that are rather pleasant.

• Like 9

Oh dear, I think I got carried away during last nights insomnia-induced late night Ebaying.

Hopefully I'll get outbid on at least a couple of things.

• Like 8

Home from work and I get a day off! One of my RDOs was a holiday, so I got scheduled tonight off to make up for it, otherwise they'd have to pay me overtime. I'm going to try and spend my time thinking up stuff to flesh out a D&D campaign world with. Like codifying theologies, summarizing race relations, thinking up various organizations and guilds, and figuring out some history.

I already know that the Elves are going to be massively militaristic and xenophobic. Dwarves and Gnomes are going to be the same race, and they're going to be the ones who are artistic and philosophical while also being master craftsmen and prolific merchants(Kind of an Ancient Greece feel). Halflings are going to actually be half-dwarves. Orcs and Half-Orcs are essentially going to be historical Vikings in England around the late 870s and early 880s when Danelaw happened. Hobgoblins will basically be a stereotypical Rome, but with a robust banking system that's trusted by just about everyone. Lizardfolk will be shamanistic, with a propensity for fortune telling and prophecy. Half-Elves are going to be complicated, due to the history I have in mind. Humans are going to be a lot like Feudal Europe(go figure!).

I haven't decided if I'm going to include more races or not yet. I was thinking of having the Tritons and the Firbolgs, but I'm not sure. I haven't quite figured out a way to put them into the world, though a Triton PC would certainly be helpful in the world I currently envision.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 11

There are too many beautiful toys and minis around that I can't buy or paint.

I need more money and an Immortality potion and a huge castle.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yep, it's raining.

It's a good thing you don't live somewhere that it's actually cold; then it'd be snow!::P:

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

Yea, but reintroduction of wolves facing some serious uphill battles, and many of the places that have massive deer population problems are also near urban centers, where habitat is sparse even for the deer let alone wolves.

I'd prefer to have a balanced ecosystem myself, but I know how humans are. We don't like that.

So what you're saying is that we need less people.

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

It's about 8F outside right now. It was 20F during the day. My phone's weather app referred to 20F as "extremely cold," while it refers to 8F as just "cold." Why is a temperature that's double what it is now considered am extreme, but it's not when it's much lower?

It's so cold out that your phone is beginning to freeze, and that is it's way of letting you know that it's malfunctioning.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

There are too many beautiful toys and minis around that I can't buy or paint.

I need more money and an Immortality potion and a huge castle.

I know, right :rolleyes: those fae are so cool...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I know, right :rolleyes: those fae are so cool...

When I started my Lost world Project I wanted to build a Reptilian/ Dinosaur army ( Not GW and only for fun and display)

Then I began telling stories, people reacted and I included the minis for Conquistadores, next came the Pirates and the Native Meso-Americans.

Sure...a few Terrorbirds, some Jungle Animals.

Wait...Undead are cool and Giant Insects!

What about some Egyptian style Undead from overseas invading the land?

Of course!!!

Why did I include Mutants, Beastmen and Dragonmen?

Did I just started to think about Shrooms?

*** Sigh***

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Ugh... Brew faster!!

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

EXCEPT NEW YORK!!!

We Dutch want that back...you have 3 days to evacuate and leave the premises, make sure it is brought back to it's original state when handed over!

Might take more than 3 days... 

Also are you aware that it tends to attract monsters & aliens at a rate only slightly below that of Tokyo?

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.8feebe5d8920867ae7245f2be8f68f81.png

Seriously...

• Like 5
  • Haha 5