Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Recommended Posts

Well. That was weird.

 

The doorbell just rang and it was some guy carrying an insulated food bag announcing he was “Uber” with a delivery for us. He showed me his phone, which did indeed have our address on it, but no one here had ordered food. So I said sorry and sent him on his way.

  • Confused 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Well. That was weird.

 

The doorbell just rang and it was some guy carrying an insulated food bag announcing he was “Uber” with a delivery for us. He showed me his phone, which did indeed have our address on it, but no one here had ordered food. So I said sorry and sent him on his way.

How odd.  Sounds like Uber Eats, their food delivery service.  Weird thing is most people who order usually double check the address they put in since their credit card is billed upon ordering.... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last o' the whiskey, lads.

 

First o' the beer.

 

All this ole world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang. Drinking my way to a surly, sour sort of drunk tonight. Apparently.

 

Anybody has a kid they need to tell some hard truths about Santa, sugar, socialism, etc., give your boy a holler. I got you covered, fam.

  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Skyrim fever has broke. I can think about, and do ‘other things’ and not go through the motions biding my time through my social obligations, with my brain ticking back to the game, like a tongue continuing to probe a broken tooth. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

The box was delivered to my neighbor. He dropped off my box and a basket of fruits and veggies from his garden. Yay.

 

 

 

Oh... to have a garden that still produced veges at this time of year... *stares off wistfully* 

 

*then breaks from her reverie and funs outside to shake her fist in defiance at the snow*

I WILL HAVE KNOW! I’M PLANTING SEEDS! Because soon you’ll be gone, and I’ll waiting.... ready to capitalize on your retreat. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love some snow, it’s been 8 years since the last reasonable snowfall and that was gone within 3 days

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 And so it begins....

 

 

The Plague of Hats has hit the Imperial CIty in Oblivion. Every mage at the Arcane University (including the Archmage), Heironymus Lex and one other Imperial Guard, and about half the civilian population of the City itself (everyone living in the Temple, Arena and Market districts) are now wearing green mage's hoods. Oh, and the entire mage's guild in Bravil as well.

 

It's taken me twelve hours to do this so far, and I expect it will possibly take twelve more before I'm certain that I've gotten everyone in the Imperial City. Or at least everyone it's possible to get, since nearly all the guards wear helmets and thus won't equip the hoods.

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pingo said:

Well. That was weird.

 

The doorbell just rang and it was some guy carrying an insulated food bag announcing he was “Uber” with a delivery for us. He showed me his phone, which did indeed have our address on it, but no one here had ordered food. So I said sorry and sent him on his way.

 

I'm very cautious about people showing up on my doorstep wit a delivery I didn't order.

No entry...!!!!

 

Also...I'm painting today!!!

Lost World Here I come!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 And so it begins....

 

 

The Plague of Hats has hit the Imperial CIty in Oblivion. Every mage at the Arcane University (including the Archmage), Heironymus Lex and one other Imperial Guard, and about half the civilian population of the City itself (everyone living in the Temple, Arena and Market districts) are now wearing green mage's hoods. Oh, and the entire mage's guild in Bravil as well.

 

It's taken me twelve hours to do this so far, and I expect it will possibly take twelve more before I'm certain that I've gotten everyone in the Imperial City. Or at least everyone it's possible to get, since nearly all the guards wear helmets and thus won't equip the hoods.

 

 

 

They should if they've got some good enchantment on them. From my experience with companions in Skyrim, I'm pretty sure that enchantments get weighted pretty heavily when determining what the NPCs put on.

 

Tonight at work I got to watch my coworker spray a guy in the face, point blank, with pepper spray. And I'm not talking the wussy stuff. We carry the same stuff as the cops, and it sucks to just get caught downwind of it. The guy was harassing a couple who were walking into our garage, then he picked a fight with the guy by knocking the food they were carrying out of their hands. At that point, he got punched in the face by the guy he was harassing. We intervened and broke up the fight after just the one punch, and the guy the got punched wouldn't leave when he was told to by us. So my coworker literally dragged him out. When my coworker let the guy go, the guy started screaming at him and lunged at him, so my coworker sprayed the dude. One of the cops drove by about 30 seconds later, so we waved him down.

 

And then the guy took a swing at the cop when the cop tried to move him out of the way of oncoming vehicle traffic. The guy ended up breaking the cop's body camera and tearing his uniform when he started flailing away. Which ended with that guy being taken to the ground and put in cuffs. So the guy got punched in the face, pepper sprayed, tackled to the ground, and arrested all because he wouldn't let a couple people just walk away from him. He just kept following them rather than leaving well enough alone.

 

But I guess it was deserved. We heard from multiple people that he was yelling some racist crap, and the people he was harassing were black. I mean, it's pretty bad when you get a group of people coming from the gay bar up the street and when they see him getting arrested they start to cheer. One of the trans people in the group said that he gives them static all the time, too...

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marvin said:

Dang. Drinking my way to a surly, sour sort of drunk tonight. Apparently.

 

Anybody has a kid they need to tell some hard truths about Santa, sugar, socialism, etc., give your boy a holler. I got you covered, fam.

 

What with this being 8 hours ago now, I volunteer my services for this current time. I'm not quite sour, but I guarantee that I'll have some conflicting viewpoints that will deeply confuse any child under the age of 10 as they try to process things, and annoy children over the age of 14 as they've already formed their own opinions. Plus, by virtue of the difference in work schedules, I'll (hopefully)introduce your children to the concept of day drinking!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Come here, you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we're going to get done today."

  • Like 4
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×