Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Aryanun said:

Had to google to see what you were talking about. That's about 100+ miles away from me. That town is very small; didn't even have 400 people in it. Condolences for those harmed.

I'm glad you are okay. Texas is a darn big state but us painters are all over the place. Just wanted to make sure we're alright. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This  must have been inspired by the SoCal Freeway System while a Full Moon is/was in effect.

GEM

Who had a delicious Lasagna Dinner while the natives burned down the house.  ::):

• Like 3

Pinning the randomness thread made it so that I couldn't find it!

Also, it seems that once a thread is locked you can't even multiquote posts from it to quote it in another thread.

I woke up a couple hours ago, and I'm making beef, roast potatoes, and grilled squash.

• Like 8

Texas here, but yeah... long way away. 

Was busy with Arsenic and Old Lace matinee performance and then ate with friends who moved to DFW last year, but came to see the play.

Stuffed on Fajitas (beef, chicken, bacon, shrimp)...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

As anticipated, the old thread was burned down while we were on back to our Desert Hideaway from Buena Park.

Recommendation to all:

If you come to SoCal and plan to stay in the Buena Park area, pick some other hotel than the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel unless you are stone deaf and don't mind the kids next door trying to break into your room at circa 11:00 PM via the connecting door from the next room over.

There is something wrong with the design and construction of that building because the stomping feet of all the people who were never taught how to walk properly in a multi-story building just reverberates through the entire wing of this 9 story structure.

The place is spic and span clean, the staff is [with rare exception] attentive and eager to please, but the place is just noisy as all get out, even my wife was bothered by it.  As part of the reason we were there was to review the facilities for a future Formal Reception and business meetings we are recommending that it be struck from the list of venues.  It just isn't suitable for the ages and temperaments of most of the people who would be attending.  Which is really too bad because the lady who would be honored at the reception is one of the Full Time  Decorators for the Park.

As for the kids next door,  -  after 10 minutes of listening to them fiddling with the door knob and lock of the passage door to open up the room we were in into the connecting room, I finally called the desk to let them know what was going on and that they needed to send somebody up to explain that not only was this unacceptable conduct, if they did by some accident succeed in opening the door they would be in for a surprise, and not a nice one.  The nice polite man from the  Security Staff had them all sorted out in about 2 minutes after I explained to him what was going on.

Heard about the massacre in Texas, thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.  If I say much more, I'll end up with a squadron of Hornets around my head.

Play Nice.

GEM

• Like 6

I wanted to say "second", but instead OneBoot naturally got it and almost six pages went by while LBB and I went to see Ragnarok. Ah well, first time in a month I've been caught up. Huzzah!

• Like 11

Okay, this is how far behind I am on the randomness - @Thes Hunter, congrats on officialdom! About having time for your gamer groups ... we have this problem, too, but it's a problem for all us abducts. Our main group plays about 1-2 times a month on average, but it's something.

Organizing that many people still falls through sometimes, so LBB has a campaign that plays with just two families including our respective teenagers when the larger group can't come together. I guess that's a long-winded way of saying, do what you gotta' - you can make gaming work with it if you really want. 

* I'm just going with the auto-corrects, now.
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Aren't we all naked under our clothes? =P

You may be, I have clothes under my clothes :prim:

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

*sigh* today is long. Not bad.... but long. 

Hmm.  I started to Like it but then decided that wasn't right.  Started to Sad it but that seemed excessive.  I thought the new reactions were supposed to take away these ambiguities?!

At any rate sympathies if needed.

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

You may be, I have clothes under my clothes :prim:

Clothing inception.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

I'll never truly be naked again thanks to all the scarring.

Meanwhile, paying bills. But I'd rather be rolling on dubs.

• Like 5