Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Been there - done that.

Have the duplicate merchandise to prove it.

GEM

Yeah, me too. Spreadsheets help though.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Sorry PaganMegan, I can't access youtube on ship. But thanks for whatever thoughts were intended.

Er, it's a British sounding group singing about how the house isn't haunted. But, not sure they saw the picture either!

Man. When you don't drink regularly (adult like, not hydration), that bottle of 8.5% beer sends one on such a trip! Trippel, from New Belgium, in case you were curious.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Er, it's a British sounding group singing about how the house isn't haunted. But, not sure they saw the picture either!

Man. When you don't drink regularly (adult like, not hydration), that bottle of 8.5% beer sends one on such a trip! Trippel, from New Belgium, in case you were curious.

Ok... I'm just going to have to see this when I get home! (And maybe had a beer myself.)

• Like 4

I had Krystal for supper and then shot some whiskey. I call it the "I Hate Myself and Want to Die."

• Sad 4

Cupcakes are good... even unfrosted, they're good. I'mma have to keep THAT recipe handy! I bet it will make nice chocolate cake, too...

Now, if any of them survive until the frosting is done, I'll frost them in the morning...

• Like 9

Wait. I thought you weren't supposed to eat the part without the frosting. Like a muffin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Wait. I thought you weren't supposed to eat the part without the frosting. Like a muffin.

I was schooled not to eat the colorful paper cup but everything inside was fair game.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I was schooled not to eat the colorful paper cup but everything inside was fair game.

GEM

Pretty much that.

... if they aren't foil-lined, you could probably eat the paper too. If they're foil-lined, you definitely don't want to eat them, but they are more colourful than the standard paper cups.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sylverthorne said:

Pretty much that.

... if they aren't foil-lined, you could probably eat the paper too. If they're foil-lined, you definitely don't want to eat them, but they are more colourful than the standard paper cups.

I had long reached my legal majority when the foil lined cups were first introduced.

GEM

• Like 5

10 hours ago, paintybeard said:

I'm just in shock as we only decided to put our old house on the market 2 weeks ago. Never though things would happen so fast. The spouse is a property surveyor and assures me the roof isn't as bad as it looks. Glad to be moving away from the smoke and putting a giant chunk into our pensions as we're selling this:

Felcourt.thumb.JPG.e5f62c7987788f8648ad675ac1a214be.JPG  

We have an Earl amoung us guys! Or maybe a Count! 

Baron?

Not a Duke though. It's not quite big enough for a Duke. 

• Like 13

I wonder how many Forumites and their collections could be fit into such a space...depending on how large the grounds that come with are perhaps additional structures/fortifications.....

(Long term scheming of Forumite nationhood continues)

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Trying to decide if I should do anything with the Huéscar vs Denmark War for a game - 1809-1981.

During the time that the conflict raged... nothing happened.

Sometime in 1981 someone in Denmark suddenly realized that peace had never been declared, but that was okay - during that war no armies marched, no guns were fired... and it was just plain forgotten about.

The Auld Grump - What do you do when you realize that your country has been at war for 170 years? And not a single battle took place?

Amateurs! ::P:

We Dutch were at war for 335 years with the Isles of Scilly without ever firing a single shot!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years'_War

44 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Baron?

Must be a Vampire!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I see the old head chef from one of my previous jobs has attempted to carmalize onions again....

How on earth could you mess up that bad when caramelizing onions? I get burning them to a pan, but even that's easily avoided by just paying attention...

18 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I agree with your assessment and others:  it sounds like they were scamming you as an attempt to get money.  Though the desperation of some people really scares me sometimes, I mean: being willing to throw yourself in front of a car for $50 seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Nah, see, if they're doing something like that, they're hoping for some minor physical injury, like a sprained ankle or something, that they can then sue you over. They're not hoping for $50, they're looking for a lawsuit payout.

11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I have decided that What The World Needs is a comedy-action tv show called NinJoe, about a trailerpark-living redneck slacker named Joe Watkins from Kentucky who suddenly finds himself endowed with all the mystical skills of a ninja after drinking an ancient bottle of sake his grandaddy brought home from WWII, and decides to travel around the South in a busted old 1972 Pinto hatchback painted like the General Lee, righting wrongs and fighting crime with a sword made from the leafspring off his grandaddy's old '32 Ford pickup...

(You know you'd totally watch it)

It's been done. He's even made a couple Springer appearances. Don't know if he's from KY, TN, WV, or NC though, as I've seen all 4 claimed.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Baron?

Just 4th. generation Nouveau riche. Great Grandfather made money in a slightly... questionable... manner. And this is where it all went.  

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Unruly said:

How on earth could you mess up that bad when caramelizing onions? I get burning them to a pan, but even that's easily avoided by just paying attention...

It was several layers burned to the bottom of a large stockpot. It didn't overflow it,but the texture was almost identical. 

It was at this point many of us realized that management had elfed up big time hiring this guy. Due to the height of the sides, none of us in the dishpit could get a good scraping angle and it took the application of a hammer and a phillips head screwdriver to reach the bottom metal.

We battled it for two weeks in our spare moments. We didn't even bother with soap, we went straight to using entire cans of oven cleaner and I have reason to believe that at one point someone attempted using actual acid of some type. (one of the fellow pit denizens had a degree in physics and an interest in chemistry.) Which would explain why there was a funky smell in the pit when I came in one morning and a hole in the center of the pot.

The head chef of course was hoping that this would be swept under the rug and forgotten about. He had failed to factor in the fact that barging into a functional, laid back enviroment where things got done, (admittedly in a loud and boisterous way) and declaring war on the established culture in the name of "professionalism" and pretentious bs had managed to unite almost every single back of house employee against him.

Which meant that those of us in the pit kept everyone up to date with what extreme measures we had to employ to try and clean this thing. It had become a symbol of the loss and destruction brought unto us by his jackelfery. Eventually in one of his temper tantrums, chef threw it out and the very mention of it became one of his rage triggers. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1