Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

19 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Jay sits in his comfortable reclining chair giggling away.

When I posted the comment about MIT offering a certificate in Pirate;

I never for  MILLION SECONDS thought that it would get as much attention;

nor scholarship that it did !  The comments about MARQUE etc, showed me that there were a

great number of scholars in our group !  I had NO IDEA that I would stir up such a great outpouring of

knowledge.  Thanks gang you made my day !  Your research, and basic knowledge rekindled my hope in

folks.  Thanks for the smiles, the amazement, and above all; the the surprise of knowing that there are

seekers of wisdom in our group.  Thanks again.

Jay

Hey, how about a shout-out to us seekers of foolishness? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Dinner for tomorrow nights game has been put together and just needs to go into the oven when I get home from work.

Bacon wrapped mashed potato stuffed meatloaf.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 1/30/2018 at 8:48 PM, LittleBluberry said:

if we get out the flame-throwers...  I know a lot of us have been feeling the weasel attacks lately.  Might be time to deal with the infestation.  

I third the vote for flame-throwers, seriously. I've even fallen off of my "put paint on something" wagon for the first time so far this year and haven't picked up a paint brush in the past 3 days. :P

8 hours ago, Clearman said:

I've always toyed around with the idea of selling stuff on eBay.  Never gave it any thought that a package would arrive empty.

I had that happen once, but in my case the guy legit sent me an empty padded envelope. Sealed up, no holes in it or anything. I confess I sent a rather grumpy message to him since it was a present for MrBoot. The seller sent a grumpy message back, so I just opened up a dispute and bought another from a different seller. I haven't purchased from ebay again ever since. <_<

I was informed I didn't get the part in the film I auditioned for, but I'm honestly okay with that. Every lady who tried out was extremely good, and I'm content with the knowledge that I did my very best. Also, I tend to really get into my character when I'm acting, and since it's a horror film, I think I'd have ended up giving myself nightmares by the end, lol. 

I did ask the director at the most recent pre-production meeting whether there was anything he could suggest I work on, since I'd like to keep improving. However, he said it was extraordinarily close between me and one guy as the lead couple, and another guy and gal, and said to just keep doing what I'm doing and continue to audition, so that made me feel really good. ^_^ 

My guess is that they went with the other couple pairing since the guy gave a stronger performance than the one I was matched with. However, visually, myself and the guy that did get the part didn't work well; I'm taller than he is, with dark hair and eyes, while he's blonde with blue eyes. The gal that got the part really matches him better, and I know she'll do a fantastic job. :) 

On the plus side, that means I get to be the Production Assistant and Slate Operator again, which has been a total blast when I've done so in previous productions! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 16

18 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Dinner for tomorrow nights game has been put together and just needs to go into the oven when I get home from work.

Bacon wrapped mashed potato stuffed meatloaf.

I'm having a little trouble parsing this. Is it

(Bacon wrapped mashed potato) stuffed meatloaf

or

Bacon wrapped (mashed potato stuffed meatloaf)

?

(or to be really ridiculous, Bacon wrapped mashed (potato stuffed meatloaf))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Meatloaf stuffed with mashed potato & wrapped in Bacon.

Just popped into the thread and read this.

Dont know the context, but I totally agree with the statement.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Anyone having issues with going to the first unread post? It keeps sending me straight to the bottom of the page every time I do it, and then I have to scroll up to where I last remember reading something.

• Like 3

Sorry need to vent some,  if you don't want an earful skip this post.  I'm too frustrated to dig out my notes on spoilers

And the week just keeps getting better.  I've been stuck into management for less than a month and I just got told I'm getting the joy of having to lay someone off.  Now I gotta figure out how to play the system so I can hopefully avoid this fate as we are already so short staffed its ridiculous.  The reasons behind it are also arbitrary and stupid.  The company I have loved working for over the last 15 years changed management and is falling apart, so it looks like I am breaking out the old job hunting skills again, which is sad because in really like the people I actually work with.  I am tired and truly frustrated.  Oh yea, the jackelf who is orchestrating this crap kust bought a house for more than my divisions entire operating budget for the year.  I don't know how some people live with themselves!

There's also a good chance I'm in for some more medical fun in the near future probably including a restricted diet and surgery.

Getting older is not for the week willed

I suppose that's enough shared suffering.  I hope everyone had a better week than me

• Sad 16

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

Anyone having issues with going to the first unread post? It keeps sending me straight to the bottom of the page every time I do it, and then I have to scroll up to where I last remember reading something.

It also happens when I get a notification that someone quoted me, when I click that, I end up "somewhere" on that page but not on the post in question.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry need to vent some,  if you don't want an earful skip this post.  I'm too frustrated to dig out my notes on spoilers

And the week just keeps getting better.  I've been stuck into management for less than a month and I just got told I'm getting the joy of having to lay someone off.  Now I gotta figure out how to play the system so I can hopefully avoid this fate as we are already so short staffed its ridiculous.  The reasons behind it are also arbitrary and stupid.  The company I have loved working for over the last 15 years changed management and is falling apart, so it looks like I am breaking out the old job hunting skills again, which is sad because in really like the people I actually work with.  I am tired and truly frustrated.  Oh yea, the jackelf who is orchestrating this crap kust bought a house for more than my divisions entire operating budget for the year.  I don't know how some people live with themselves!

There's also a good chance I'm in for some more medical fun in the near future probably including a restricted diet and surgery.

Getting older is not for the week willed

I suppose that's enough shared suffering.  I hope everyone had a better week than me

My condolences on this, I've been through similar more times than I care to remember.

About the only thing you can do in that situation is try and keep in contact with the people you like and get out as fast as you can.

Staying and trying to mitigate the damage done, watching good people get picked off one by one, and watching what was once a comfortable and efficient workplace burn...don't do that to yourself, it doesn't lead to anything good and will wreck hell on your mental health.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

My condolences on this, I've been through similar more times than I care to remember.

About the only thing you can do in that situation is try and keep in contact with the people you like and get out as fast as you can.

Staying and trying to mitigate the damage done, watching good people get picked off one by one, and watching what was once a comfortable and efficient workplace burn...don't do that to yourself, it doesn't lead to anything good and will wreck hell on your mental health.

The problem is those medical issues. I'm still trying to figure out how to promote myself when my time and ability could be limited.  I don't hide that sort of thing well and I cause other issues by talking about it.  I do appreciate the input and i will probably have to go that route to stay sane.

To put the icing on this little cake I have good reason to think that the current regime won't last the year, hence the real source of stress: if I stay and things continue, it will be awful, if I leave and things get better, I will feel like a real rube.  No easy answers I'm afraid.

• Sad 5

45 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

The problem is those medical issues. I'm still trying to figure out how to promote myself when my time and ability could be limited.  I don't hide that sort of thing well and I cause other issues by talking about it.  I do appreciate the input and i will probably have to go that route to stay sane.

To put the icing on this little cake I have good reason to think that the current regime won't last the year, hence the real source of stress: if I stay and things continue, it will be awful, if I leave and things get better, I will feel like a real rube.  No easy answers I'm afraid.

Just remember, NO ONE ever lay on their deathbed and said with their last breath: "I wish I had spent more time in the office..."

Don't let situations like this get you down, please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just watched the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie. It wasn't terrible. I am learning that I don't think I'm a fan of Tilda Swinton, though. I didn't like her as the Ancient One in Dr. Strange, and I didn't like her as Gabriel in this. I also think it may have been made slightly better if they'd dyed Keanu's hair to a dirty blonde like Constantine's hair is supposed to be instead of leaving it his natural black. I mean, if they're not even going to make him British they could at least try to get the look right...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you aren't going to set "Constantine" in Liverpool then I don't think worrying about hair colour is that important. Loosing sight of the fact that Reeves' character is smoking himself to death was rather more of a disappointment. But still, I could see why Hollywood felt they needed to transfer the whole story to America for "commercial reasons" and I felt that that was better than getting no film at all.

For the record I think that Tilda Swinton was the best thing about the film, but happily admit to finding her a compelling presence in most films. And the chap who played the Devil, (ashamed to say I can't remember his name,) put in a very good act as well.   

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 3

First time I watched Constantine, I hardly knew the source material, so I could appreciate the movie as a nice standalone story about humans stuck in a covert war between Heaven and Hell. Reminiscent of the old World of Darkness RPG setting.

When I got more familiar with Hellblazer and who John Constantine is, I looked at Hollywood and thought WTF?

• Like 5