Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

On 2/7/2018 at 3:31 AM, Marvin said:

Made the mistake of letting the dogs out the front door to potty, 'cause I know they needed to go and when it's raining and I put them put back where it's fenced they just stand there at the door on the porch and wit to be let back inside and never do anything, and in fact we'd done that once already tonight, and usually at night I've had success with the problem child going put front and coming back relatively quickly, but sure enough now half an hour and a car ride later the Aussie is finally home and toweled off, and me and my whole house reek of wet dog.

Rainy night's sleep status: ruined.

When I took Sammy out to potty yesterday in the snow, he spent most of the time chasing snowflakes.

And diving into the snow.

Silly puppy! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, PaganMegan said:

When I took Sammy out to potty yesterday in the snow, he spent most of the time chasing snowflakes.

And diving into the snow.

Silly puppy! :lol:

I'd have prefered snow to the rain. I can get my dogs to go out in the snow. In the rain? Not so much. I open the door to the apartment building, and they see it's wet out, and nope right back toward the elevator. 22-24lb corgis have some serious pull, fyi. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Too much srs discussion this early in the morning. I vote we have a deep, thoughtful discourse on the beauties of a perfectly made sandwich. To me this means a hearty homenade meatball sandwich with two sturdy yet flaky slices of homemade bread. Top with parmesan and a touch of parsley, mmm. 

Perfect sandwich: discuss. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Pancake sandwich! Bacon and eggs, between two fluffy pancakes!

Not practical to eat with your hands. :lol:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Too much srs discussion this early in the morning. I vote we have a deep, thoughtful discourse on the beauties of a perfectly made sandwich. To me this means a hearty homenade meatball sandwich with two sturdy yet flaky slices of homemade bread. Top with parmesan and a touch of parsley, mmm. 

Perfect sandwich: discuss. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Perfect sandwich is easy. You take two slices of potato bread, and fill the space between them with the salami of your choice and baby Swiss cheese. Wrap this in a paper towel and microwave it just enough that the cheese is gooey, but the bread stays moist. You can use other heating methods, but if any part of the bread(crust included) becomes tough, hard, crunchy, crispy...anything other than soft and moist, then the sandwich is objectively wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Almost time for wheels up! Finally headed to Huntsville for some computer system training. Never been to Alabama. At least since I started actually storing memories.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Almost time for wheels up! Finally headed to Huntsville for some computer system training. Never been to Alabama. At least since I started actually storing memories.

You'll be just down the road from me!

Some nifty rocket-related stuff around Huntsville, if you're into that. Also a good gaming store or two, I hear.

I keep talking about going since I moved back, but I haven't been over there in a good twenty years now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 more hours of work, a doctor's appointment, and a trip to the laundry, then I can finally paint! (for maybe an hour...)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I always liked the Tau... Gonna have to try that orange mix. Care to share some pics of what you've used it for?

Personally I prefer this. The bacon would make me hungry.

I'll make sure to take some when I get home since I didn't take any with the G85 or my phone.  Was still happy with it thus morning too, so that's always a good step ^_^

I did a base of....  Two parts white primer to one part grey liner (on top of an olllld black spray primer), with one (I think) drop of water as the initial, then one drop lava orange with one drop water, then an initial wash of two drops lava orange to one drop dragon red with four (I think) drops of water.  Won't be able to post pics for another seven hours or so though, and I have been tempted to do a WIP thread for my assorted GW 40K stuff... 

Coffee... 

Is life, love, and other stuff too. ^_^

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Black Forest ham, turkey, and thin sliced chicken....  With deli mustard, mayonnaise, two slices of green leaf lettuce, and a good amount of tomato too.  Bonus points if maple or Applewood flavoured bacon is included, double points for six half slices (aka three stops, cut in half). 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Lucky for me, I find the sound of falling rain very soothing.  When I was a child I was all about the sound of wind howling in a snow storm--made me feel all cozy.  :upside:

It still does for me. I usually have things set up so I don't need to go out on nasty days. So a roaring blizzard means I snuggle up to the wife and sleep more. Not much better than that.

7 hours ago, Beagle said:

This thread’s becoming Canadian heavy, even the Yanks are talking about bacon! Every other post is a Canadian boasting about the size of his or her random thing. 

Ive never seen them so feisty.

What gives? 

You really wanna see my random thingy? It's so big it might blow the mind of poor europeans that don't have anything like it. And about being feisty, you were in the British military. If anybody knows what canadians can do when they get feisty it's the germans for being on the wrong end and the brits for getting the help.

On the topic of military parades. I'm very interested in military history and equipment and I enjoy them. Now I'm not for the threats and politics inherent in many such displays but as a way to honor our military and remember the past I'm for it. Every year I watch our Remembrance day ceremony in Ottawa and I'm kind of saddened by how small it is. I like the British one better.

Canada gave as much as anyone in WW1 and 2 in a fight that didn't directly involve them and since then some of our young people having been fighting and dying all over the world trying to help make it better. And for the most part their sacrifice is ignored by everyone except their close friends and family. We aren't a super power trying to control everybody or take territory. We just want a safe place to live. Sadly I believe that you need to be prepared to fight, kill and die if necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones because if you won't do it how can you expect anyone else to do it for you? I just wish there was a little more awareness here for our military and what they do for us and the whole world. It's kind of shameful how we're lacking in a lot of things our soldiers could use but the government's got billions to blow on things that would be better left alone. A parade might help as a way to say thank you. Then again maybe not because the soldiers might not like the extra spit and polish and marching. :poke:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Unruly said:

Maybe it's Canada Day? Or maybe Canada Guy is sitting on the lake in his rowboat, playing his buttonbox concertina, under the glow of a single lantern, and it's driving them to frenzy?

I suspect that winter olympics gets Canadians a little more fired up than other countries.  We're pretty keen on winter sports and it's our chance to stand out.  

My favorite sandwich is probably a nice BLT.  Closely followed by a traditional Danish liver pate on rye.  I might need to go get some more pre-cooked bacon for quick lunches...   Now I'm hungry!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'll make sure to take some when I get home since I didn't take any with the G85 or my phone.  Was still happy with it thus morning too, so that's always a good step ^_^

I did a base of....  Two parts white primer to one part grey liner (on top of an olllld black spray primer), with one (I think) drop of water as the initial, then one drop lava orange with one drop water, then an initial wash of two drops lava orange to one drop dragon red with four (I think) drops of water.  Won't be able to post pics for another seven hours or so though, and I have been tempted to do a WIP thread for my assorted GW 40K stuff... 

Is life, love, and other stuff too. ^_^

Black Forest ham, turkey, and thin sliced chicken....  With deli mustard, mayonnaise, two slices of green leaf lettuce, and a good amount of tomato too.  Bonus points if maple or Applewood flavoured bacon is included, double points for six half slices (aka three stops, cut in half). 

Coffee is indeed life, love and other stuff!!

That sounds yummy... And now I want a sandwich for lunch... 

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

@Crowley I did find this... It's all I have to tide you over until I can take pics when I get home...

IMG_20180207_214209_835.thumb.jpg.b2f0f82dd5085d60c23f90e6f79d15d9.jpg

Neat! Now show it to me on a mini (when you get the chance)

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Coffee is indeed life, love and other stuff!!

That sounds yummy... And now I want a sandwich for lunch... 

It's also my paycheque, so I might be slightly biased..  Nah... *goes back to delivering coffee*

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Neat! Now show it to me on a mini (when you get the chance)

Will do!  Sadly I didn't take any of the mini itself in Telegram, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks dry ^_^

• Like 5

My doggie is funny. I just asked her if she wants a bath and her nails did. She started shivering and whining in her "let's go" way. I know when we get there she will start whining and shivering in her " hey you tricked me, I thought this would be fun" way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8